Opera Mini and the new Full Screen Midlet thingy

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by g-funkster, Oct 9, 2007.

1. afajard1

afajard1 New Member

Question about Opera

I've seen the question asked, but no response.

Is there a way to make Opera play flash videos on TCPMP instead of actually opening the link and saying we don't have a player.

I just have a reason to believe if we can find away around this, the streaming for our videos will be ten times better because PIE is sloooooow.

Please advise

Thanx :2cool:
  2. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

You are only using Data with Opera, if you have unlimited Data, you will be fine.

The 3rd post on this thread, here, shows you how to suppress this annoying warning:
    http://www.everythingq.com/forum/so...ull-screen-midlet-thingy-12783.html#post88655

Unfortunately you can't use Opera Mini to pop up TCPMP. What I do is click on the youtube link and after the page is loaded, go to 'Add Bookmarks' and hit the address, then you can copy it into the clipboard. Yeah that stinks.
  3. jiimpman23

jiimpman23 New Member

i want this but i dont know where to start everytime i try to download operamini it says can be viewed on this device!
  4. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

did you install jbed first.....if you go step by step with the posted instructions it works great
  5. northmendo

northmendo New Member

You have to install J9 to run java app's you can get it below
    http://asdfhj.com/java-on-a-motorola-q/89
    I use the tiny version. Works great on my USC Q.
  6. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

The JBED Midlet Manager is far more superior than the J9. I have used them both and JBED is the clear winner of these two. That is why G-funkster created this thread... I was like you thinking that the J9 would be just as good, but it is not.
  7. northmendo

northmendo New Member

Where can I get the newest version of JBED?
  8. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

From here, download Cloudyfa's file and once it's installed on your Q, launch the Opera Mini jar and the JBED Midlet manager will install and launch it.
  9. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Oh and BTW, don't worry about that threads title warning that Schaps' JBED not working, it was what the thread was about originally, it has now been updated with the Esmertec JBED Midlet Manager and the first post of that thread has been edited by the moderator to update about the Esmertec JBED.
  10. tho442

tho442 New Member

I am having problems with setting up an icon in my start menu with my q9c can anyone give me some advice? Thanks
  11. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Check out this link:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=152078

Note that the shortcut is set up to point to the midlet first installed in Jbed. If OM4 was not the first midlet installed, then the shortcut needs to be edited using Wordpad on your desktop (i.e., s0 in the shortcut should be changed to s1 or s2, etc., depending on how many other midlets were installed through Jbed).
  12. tho442

tho442 New Member

thanks for your help. it worked great. Just 1 more question is there any way to change the icon from the "E" esmertec icon to the actual "O" opera icon? My Home page link is the E. Thanks.

13. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

I do not think so, since it's the Esmertec JBED midlet manager that's actually running the opera mini program.
  14. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Tho,

The icon is simply a small graphic file somewhere -- you can over-write the "e" with the opera icon somehow -- look HERE and start on Post #2

Thanks,

Matt!
  15. danwo

danwo New Member

That's extremely depressing. :( How exactly do you do that copied url to the TCPMP?
  16. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

you copy it to internet explorer wich opens tcmp, first you need an app that lets you copy and paste though. There are a few free ones though if you make a quick search here.
  17. dmty

dmty New Member

Ok i am still confused where do i find the selector.utf file? what is the easiest way to skip the "allow net access" screens? Is it easier with a hex editor and where can i find one.
  18. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Navigate to \Windows\Appdb on your device, copy the selector.utf file from there to a folder on your desktop with fix.exe in the same folder (see the link in my earlier post above). Once you run fix.exe, take the new selector .utf file and copy it back to \Windows\Appdb on your device, overwriting the old file. That will bypass the connection screen.
  19. dmty

dmty New Member

yeah i read that but am i supposed to use the explore function on activesync? could you elaborate a little more on where to find these folders
  20. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Yeah, explore your device with ActiveSync. That's the easiest way to copy the file over to your desktop. Once you're connected, go to Windows then to Appdb, and the selector.utf file will be there. Copy that over to an empty folder on your PC, then copy the fix.exe file from the link in my earlier post to the same folder. Run the fix.exe file, and it will create a new selector.utf file. Copy that new file back to the \Windows\Appdb folder on your device (say yes to overwrite the old file), and you're set.