Opera Mini and the new Full Screen Midlet thingy

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by g-funkster, Oct 9, 2007.

1. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

I hear ya. I'd be interested in seeing a screenshot of your fonts. Those screens were indeed of the XDA's j2me on the Q.
  2. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

So you're not using the IBM J9 version on your Q? I have no idea why your Q is displaying sites with Arial. Very strange. Wish I could figure this out.
  3. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

you can tell it's not Ibm's J9 because the screens take up the full 320x240.
  4. tberman333

tberman333 New Member

Thanks for this info,,, it really seems to work well (and it much faster than PIE!).

I just have two problems/questions:

1. I downloaded the 3.1 version before I realized that it did not have the zoom feature. I then went into the Jbed program, uninstalled Opera Mini and re-installed the beta version (4). Now, the link that I put in my start menu does not work... I get a message that says "Could not find suite s0_" Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

2. This one seems strange, but I hope there is just a setting I can change to fix it. If I click on an .m3u stream in Opera Mini (in order to stream this file in TCPMP), it brings up a screen asking if I want to download the file (I would like to skip this screen, but if I can't, that is fine). After I select "Start Download" it launches PIE in order to do the download and then plays launches TCPMP (in this process Opera Mini closes itself).
    Does anyone know if there is anyway to lauch m3u files directly from Opera without having to use PIE?

Thanks,

Todd
  5. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

1. Open the .lnk file with notepad on your computer (drag it in) and change the s0 to s1.

2. I believe Opera minimizes, not closes (at least on my 700wx) when this occurs. But yeah Opera Mini doesn't download, no workaround for that.
  6. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Soo...

The JBed works great! What are some other apps that utilize this plugin?

Thanks,

Matt!
  7. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Looky, Looky...LOL :tounge:...Haven't tried but it might be what you're looking for...

http://www.midlet.org/
  8. daisyd681

daisyd681 New Member

Can someone just tell me where I can download the Jbed program? My hand is cramping up from scrolling through the debate. Did anyone post it or do I have to create an account @ treocentral? TIA
  9. phazelag

phazelag New Member

I just installed the emulator and operamini on my Q9M. It worked for until it got a connection error and locked up. I was able to kill it. But it wont connect? It vibrates like crazy though.
  10. daisyd681

daisyd681 New Member

Umm, I found the link, but the thread it's in saya it no longer works. Should I skip it and do J9?
  11. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

You can just register to the forum and then download Cloudyfa's JBED.zip, it still worked for me despite that warning at the top of the page.
    Just unzip it on your PC and then transfer the Cloudyfa cab file to your phone. Then follow the rest of g-funkster's directions.
    I already had the MINI.jar file for OperaMini from when I had the J9 emulator so I just launched the mini.jar and the Jbed midlet manager launched it...pretty easy in my case.

BTW, the Jbed is wayyyyyyyy better than the J9...believe me...:wink:
  12. daisyd681

daisyd681 New Member

So how long do they usually take to send an activation email?
  13. phazelag

phazelag New Member

I got it working, I had to do a search for the new IBM file on the internet and that got rid of the buzzing. But I had to delete the opera build index file and reinstall the version 4
  14. daisyd681

daisyd681 New Member

Can someone email me this? I'm not getting the activation email from xda.
  15. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

I emailed the jbed zip...:wink:
  16. daisyd681

daisyd681 New Member

Thank you! Hopefully when I get Opera up and running it will show the buttons so I canm thak you officially.
  17. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Glad I could help... :wink:
  18. daisyd681

daisyd681 New Member

Is the warning that this will use airtime the popup thing you guys were talking about? It just means the internet right? Not minutes on my phone?
  19. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

You have the unlimited data plan right? I haven't seen any extra charges on my verizon plan.
  20. daisyd681

daisyd681 New Member

Yea, I don't get charged for internet. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some kind of dialup.