Opera Mini and the new Full Screen Midlet thingy

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by g-funkster, Oct 9, 2007.

1. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

MBK, why on earth did you post that? Those are instructions for the IBM J9 Java, a separate thread on here deals with that.

This thread's instructions are for the JBed system.
  2. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

OK Funkster, then you explain to rObrenO what's going on with him.....:2cool:

Your way is easier,,,is it better to?

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/655546-post1.html >is this it?
  3. gmardre

gmardre New Member

If he just would follow the directions in the first post, he would have it. They weren't all that hard....

gm
  4. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

You're probably right, but I had installed and run OM4 thru J9 emulator so it seemed pretty easy to me, that's all. :2cool::wink:
  5. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

I stand corrected again G-funskster, the JBed midlet is superior. I just installed Cloudyfa's cab from this zip... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=1483665&postcount=24

And since I had OM4 installed already it automatically launched it from the MINI.Jar file...Looks way better, you're right...Thanks...:smile:
  6. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey all,

After installing the wonderful, full screen JBED -- what's the most direct way to install the gmail app? That is, is it just a link that i would type into PIE similar to the opera method?). I know there are jad and jar files for the gmail app - but with JBED i don't have experience with the jad and jar - i have just done the
    "Navigate in PIE to xxxxxx get the for the download link, follow the installation procedure" type of installation.

(forgive me, i can't read through for the answer at the moment)

Thanks,

Matt!
  7. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

I don't use GMail, but I would think that if you load the GMail .jar file onto your phone and then launch it, the JBED midlet manager would run it. Then the next time you run JBED, the Gmail should be on the list.
  8. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

i cant seem to get '* *' to work on my Q to zoom in Opera Mobile.... anyone else have trouble?
  9. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

Mobile or Mini? * twice works fine for me in Mini.
  10. webcrush

webcrush New Member

don't forget you need to press 'alt' to get the "*" to work each time unless you have it locked in alt mode.
  11. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

I'm speaking of Mini....Yea, i remembered alt -- but still nothing. In order to lock it in alt mode, you simply tap twice in a row -- right? Yea, I don't think I am locked in... Weird. I'll play with it some more..

Thanks,

Matt

P.S. Are there other cool apps or games that will work with this JBED plugin simply by downloading and installing the software like we did with Opera Mini? I am familiar with jad and jar, but if i have a game that is made of a jad and a jar, how would i install using JBED?
  12. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Doesn't work for me on the sites I visit, but most sites don't really need it. NFL.Com needed it but had the box ready to zoom in with and did when simply pressing the select button.
    Haven't really needed to play with the zoom too much since most sites look pretty good already.
  13. webcrush

webcrush New Member

I have found that cookies don't persist between Mini sessions. Anyone else find this true?
  14. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Well if I'm logged on to this forum and then exit Mini, I'm still logged on when I restart Mini and visit this site......what does that say?

Not sure about all other sites, never paid attention, just cleared them in tools.
  15. Rferebee

Rferebee New Member

Hey guys, I'm new... I'm having a lot of trouble overwriting files in my Q! I honestly can't figure out how it's done, could someone please explain? Also, I am not able to view my 'Windows' folder through ActiveSync when "Exploring" my Q, is that normal? Thanks all...
  16. Rferebee

Rferebee New Member

Nevermind, I'm an idiot! Ha ha ha...

However, my question still stands about the 'Windows' file not showing up when I "Explore" my Q through ActiveSync. Thanks again!
  17. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

Opera Mini Font Question

Installed on the Q9m. Superior in almost every way to IE and DeepFish IMO. This is now my browser of choice, almost all pages display correctly.

Once question, ALL of the text from the sites I visit display with Times Roman font on my Q9. Yet the screen shots on page one are displayed using the Arial font, which is more readable IMO. Any idea how to change the display font?

Anyone else notice this?
  18. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

like i said in the first post, I couldn't figure out how to alter the font. I've never seen a different font than the one I showed in post 1. Even on the T-Mobile Dash, it was the same font.
  19. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

I've found that Opera Mini 3.1 is much better at keeping the cookies. MUCH better. 4 was unreliable to say the least, in cookie terms. It's probably a factor of their beta-server.

I only use beta 4 for sites that have tables, or are otherwise too complicated to see in one-column mode.
  20. wannaQ

wannaQ New Member

You took those screen shots using the XDA emulator and Opera Mini 4 installed on a Q? If so, then I don't know why your fonts would display differently?