Opera Mini and the new Full Screen Midlet thingy

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by g-funkster, Oct 9, 2007.

1. mobilerobot

mobilerobot New Member

With the 1mb i get the too fast pick larger file message.

4bars Sprint EVDO

Sweet
  2. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey all,

I saw someone post on here talking about JBED build 5. I have version 2.blah... Is there a newer build out?

Thanks,

Matt
    P.S. Searching returned unsuccessful results...
  3. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

There is a new version linked on post 1. In addition, if you replace the executable (jbed.exe) of the new version with this one:

http://rapidshare.com/files/110170038/screenfix.zip.html

it fixes the screen glitch on smartphones.

Installing:
    Overwrite the jbed.exe file in your device's \Windows directory.
  4. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Thanks...

The new version and screen patch fix work well. However, I can't find where Jbed actually installed to. I simply run the fixed .exe from anywhere on my device, and it loads properly, and I can use opera.. I just can't find the installed folder. SKtools tells me the path, but when I use Resco, it's not there!

It always takes me about 1/2 day to make the damn icon to the new version of opera whenever I install it - especially when I can't find the proper path!....lol. Oh well, it only saves me one button click.

Matt!
  5. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

overwrite the jbed.exe in \Windows
  6. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Ah - I saw that somewhere else, but didn't think it would be the default install dir. - I guess it was!

Thanks, working perfectly now... Oh yea, by shortcut designation for Opera was s5_. wow... even with no other apps currently installed. I guess it keeps a running tally.

Matt!
  7. shloho

shloho New Member

I'm having trouble with this. My q9c won't let me execute fx.exe. It says it is not a valid windows ce application?
  8. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

that means you need to install it on the PC while the Q is hooked up via the USB cable
  9. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Actually, fix.exe is just something that you use on your PC - it doesn't get installed on your Q. Just put it in a folder on your PC with a copy of the selector.utf file from your Windows/Appdb folder on your Q, then execute it. It will create a new selector.utf file for you to copy back to your Q (you need to overwrite the original file).
  10. shloho

shloho New Member

It took me a while, but I finally got it. Really appreciate all the help
  11. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

No problem. Glad you got it working.
  12. kcrlshell

kcrlshell New Member

Couple Quick Questions JBED?OperaMini

So, hope I'm just getting hung up on semantics here...that warning that using Opera Mini may incur "air-time" charges. Do they mean data transfer or literally "air-time" as in "minutes" like a phone call? (I'm currently on U.S. Cellular)

Also, I first installed the Cloudy_fa Jbed and then installed the newer one linked in the first post on this thread...then, I thought I'd be smart and uninstall the cloudy_fa one since I had the new one. BUT, when I uninstalled, the whole thing disappeared from my phone...at least the icon in the start menu disappeared and I couldn't find a way to start JBed without the icon. Had to re-install them both. So...after all that, my question is, is the newer version just a "patch" or upgrade rather than the whole program? I ask because I'll be getting a new 9c from Sprint next week and I don't want to have to install both Jbed versions if I don't have to... If it is just a patch, is there somewhere where I can download the newest Jbed in it's complete form?

Oh, one more thing. This zoom using 5. It doesn't seem to work. That is nothing happens. I have the text size set to extra large, but even if I scale it back to medium and use zoom...nothing. What's it supposed to do? Any ideas why it doesn't work for me?

Thanks!

Shell
  13. wolfpackfan

wolfpackfan New Member

I have to say I absolutely love Opera Mini on my Moto Q. It is a huge improvement over PIE. In fact, I also have an iPhone and for many websites (especially ones that are message boards) Opera Mini is better than the iPhone. I have one question - I did the font fix, but am wondering has anyone experimented with any other TT fonts besides Tahoma? Tahoma is fine but I wish it was a little darker.
  14. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

I've tried like 3 different fonts but none of them changed Opera's font with Jbed. I'd also like to hear if anyone has had success with any other font.
  15. *wishlist*

*wishlist* New Member

i have sort of the same concern. can i remove to cloudyfa esmertec program after installing the new one?

i am new here and have been a browsing lurker/learner of this smartphone stuff. i've had the 9c for a couple of months and am just starting to get into it, although a bit slowly, but i've had a lot of help here in EQ and thank all who's contributed to this site. i guess this is my formal introduction and 1st post here. hello all.:laugh2:
  16. cindra

cindra Active Member

Welcome to EQ!
  17. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

As the first post says, the jbed link in the new version gets put under a folder called 'programs' under start.

If you want to do this the clean way, I would recommend uninstalling cloudy, then installing the new one.
  18. ringtail

ringtail New Member

glitch fix

I can't seem to get the glitch fixed. I followed link from post #223 and then copied it to /windows and did the overwrite. It said it did it but glitch still there. Only thing that is funny is if I go into /windows without it "copied" i can scroll thru entire /windows. If i copy to, or move to then go into /windows it only shows me folders.

otherwise, thx to all for the many posts. what would we do without forums?
  19. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Anyone happen to have a link to the signed version of mini that doesn't prompt for the data connection? I can't find one on the opera site.

Also if you have a WM6 phone you can use the newer Rebeiro Jbed instead of cloudys. I have a copy on my site of the cab.
  20. g-funkster

g-funkster New Member

select the link to download a different version when browsing to mini.opera.com on the device, then get the 'multiple certificates' version.