Opera Mini 5 Beta for Windows Mobile - No JAVA needed!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by HTC_OH_SNAP, Mar 4, 2010.

1. HTC_OH_SNAP

HTC_OH_SNAP New Member

Opera Mini 5 Beta for Windows Mobile - No JAVA needed!

Just saw on BGR that Opera has just released a Beta version of Opera Mini 5 that doesnt require JAVA. It will supposedly run on Native Windows Mobile -

See link -

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/03/04/opera-releases-native-browser-for-windows-mobile/

Installing it now and will report back...

You can go to m.opera.com/next to get the cab.

*UPDATE* - Installed perfectly, linked with My Opera instantly... works awesome so far! Looks great! Much better then using Java to run Opera Mini.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

--moved to Windows Phone Software Forum--
    also i deleted the post you made in the Q9c Forum
  3. mrv

mrv New Member

I tried it on my HTC Ozone... It's really fast, although I don't really care for the interface. However, it seems to be taking me only to mobile sites, while I'd like to see "real" websites like in Skyfire, because many of these sites simply don't have all the features available in mobile versions, plus they are made for small, vertically-oriented phone screens, which doesn't look good on my horizontal QVGA screen. Do you know if I can change some settings, or do anything else to stop seeing mobile sites only?
  4. imdaman99

imdaman99 New Member

Yeah, you have to go to Menu, and under the > (forward button), scroll down to Settings and click Mobile View to off and than click Back. There you go. Be prepared to Zoom In a lot though :-P
  5. mrv

mrv New Member

I did that - my Mobile View was actually off, and it didn't help. I still get mostly mobile sites in Google.... The site I'm trying to access is www.sigalert.com - it's a Los Angeles traffic site, and I use it the most - it doesn't look right in this browser, but looks fine in Skyfire, just like it looks on computer screen. I guess this browser is not capable of displaying it properly...
  6. manbat

manbat Active Member

Does the "W" button work "not capitalized" on the ozone.....will not on the Moto Q9m/c or on my Saga...
  7. mrv

mrv New Member

Yes, it seems to be working normally....
  8. manbat

manbat Active Member

Numbers don't work at all on the hard keyboard on the Saga. The W only works when capitalized and I am unable to answer posts on eWM also....On screen keyboard all keys work fine.
  9. cbusguy23

cbusguy23 New Member

A minor interface change you can make is putting it in fullscreen mode. Doing that gets rid of that ugly red bar at the top which I think makes it look a lot better. Other than that and the inability to change your homepage, I love the interface.
    The mobile sites thing does suck. Depends on the site though, everythingwm is great because it doesn't load the mobile page, which is practically unusable on my phone, but for some sites like yahoo there is nothing you can do about it. For the most part I'm fine this being my default because its a definite upgrade from opera mobile 9.5 and 10beta but just as before there are still sites that I have to use skyfire for.
    [​IMG]
  10. mrv

mrv New Member

I tried fullscreen, nothing impressive.... Anyway, I thought it will be as good as Skyfire or better, but looks like it's far from it...
  11. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i thought so too at first, its becoming cumbersome to use it, the interface is nice, but the keyboard interface is killing me....
  12. bmn

bmn New Member

It's called Opera Mini 5, but it's really Opera Mobile. Unfortunately Opera Mobile sucks compared with Opera Mini 4.