Opera Mini 4.2 Beta

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Vazguard, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

You should send that to Opera so it can be fixed.
  2. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Yes i should....and did...Thanks. Didn't cross my mind to do that..:2cool:
  3. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Hopefully it will be fixed soon. :thumbup:
  4. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

If they report back to me....I'll report here of course!
  5. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

But of course!
  6. cindra

cindra Active Member

No! It's unbelievable the number of new members! My little fingers are getting really tired and I think I might make guru by the end of the night at this rate! :laugh2:
  7. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Haha go for it! I've been on a roll tonight, this will be my 951st post, up from like 830 this afteroon. Some serious conversations going on up in here. Tomorrow will probably be my big day!

Can't wait to join the circle, and expect to see you there!
  8. cindra

cindra Active Member

Woah, that's a lot of typin! I think y'all are just shocked cuz I usually don't have that much to say. :tounge:

Actually, I do so much typing for work that the last thing I want to do is a lot of typing in my down time so usually I'm a reader here. I do like to have folks feel welcome, though, and that's one of the reasons this forum is way cool. :smile:
  9. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Yeah I have been a part of many, many forums over my time on the internet, and this one is by far the warmest. It's also very neat and easy to read, which is nice. Lots of forums are cluttered and it is difficult to find things, but this one is simple and easy.
  10. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Question......i installed the previous opera mini awhile back. it installed and added to my start menu. now ive got the beta installed which ive been using like crazy now...posting from it now actually....now for the question :).

can i remove the older ver? its not listed in remove programs. plus the new beta didnt overwrite it. and i always get to the beta by opening jbed....didnt do that with the last ver....i dont mind it cause ive got a speed dial# assigned to jbed for quick access plus the gmail client is in jbed also. thanks guys/gals!!

(way to long of a post via the Q)
  11. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

If you want to just keep the beta, then I'd yes you can remove the old version. It's probably a completely new program, so uninstalling the old one shouldn't affect it.
  12. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Yea., I agree with that ofcourse. But i haven't seen how to remove the old opera mini.

Besides all that...i've noticed when i type in an address in the beta, if i hit one of the keypad #'s it types the number instead of the letter. I haven't figured if i can fix this. I'll type myspace.com it will show myspa81.com everytime....real weird.

See that?
  13. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Strange...mine doesn't do this. Mine works fine in every text input area that I've used. I remember having this problem with a previous beta, but I've never encountered it since.

As for uninstalling, just highlight the desired program in JBed, then hit the right softkey and "uninstall" should be an option.
  14. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Maybe i'll do a re-install of the beta and see if that fixes the address bar issue...if not i'll submit it.
    When i first installed 4.1, which i did before i chose to install jbed...i actually think it may have come with it in the install. (i dont know, its new to me) But 4.1 i find directly in my start menu, so im not opening jbed first like i do with the beta..that why i cant seem to uninstall 4.1.

When i open jbed, i've got opera beta, and gmail listed and both work.

Haven't heard a report on the download issue i was having that i mentioned earlier in this thread.
  15. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

If you access Opera Mini from your start menu, you should still have an entry for it in JBed. I had my old Opera Mini attached to a start menu shortcut but I could still uninstall it from JBed.
  16. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

I think i had jbed and and older version of jbed or either another java manager if there is one installed?

I hit back while in 4.1 and and it took me to the java "programs list" showing opera mini, and a java game i installed a while back...i WAS able to delete those..strangely just now i was able to find that..lol...no more opera mini 4.1 in my start menu..Thanks for the ideas Vaz!

I'll still see whats up with the address bar inputing #'s
  17. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

That is weird. Anyway, now I have to make a new start menu shortcut with the beta and with the new JBed version. I'm lazy and just have JBed pinned to my STK menu.
  18. BoostedKnight

BoostedKnight New Member

Stupid question, but what would be the point/advantage to have Opera mini along with the default Opera browser that came with the Q? I had opera mini on my old Samsung but not sure what the difference would be now to have it on the Q?
  19. sherri

sherri Active Member

The older Q's did not come with Opera. You had to pay for it, or use the free Opera mini...

My Q came with PIE...
  20. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

IMO...Opera mini beta 4.2 is much faster...I personally like the feel of it. Seems less bulky to me. I like how you hit your back button and it slides back instead of reloading your previous page...Full screen stays full screen. You don't see your "select" or "cancel" buttons at the bottom, but if you know where they are..no big deal, the bottom task bar only pops up when you click the left or right softkey...Landscape is cool, but i just haven't gotten use to that or tried to...These are what i like about it...

Mind you, Im only 6mo tops in to knowing anything at all about the Q or its apps/software...but this mini browser, i like over PIE or Opera (both larger and slower).

I am having an issue with typing in addresses but its a beta...i'm seeing what that all about now...some haven't had that problem..maybe its just my install..not ideal for youtube tho so far.