opera mini 4.1 help

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by riskybzns, Dec 6, 2008.

1. shrekfx

shrekfx New Member

Yup sure does. and not to worried about the battery, normal around a charger every few hours :)
  2. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

google opera mini download and the 3rd result should be from download.com. there is a drop down option that lets you select previous versions. if you don't mind sherri, see if your able to get version 4. i would appreciate it and make you my new best friend. lol :)
  3. sherri

sherri Active Member

Ok. I did. Nothing...but....did you try doing this from the phone? On the phone ,in the address bar (using PIE) I typed in http://mini.opera.com (no www)

From there, there is a choice to download previous versions. Could it be that easy? I checked, and the "older version I have is the same as Vazguard (4.1)...Try this and let us know if this works...
  4. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

i wrote in 2 previous post that when i try that way, it comes up version 3. just for the hell of it i tried it again but this time it just resorts to downloading 4.2
  5. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

i'll still make you my new best friend for trying anyways :)
  6. sherri

sherri Active Member

According to everything I found, version 4.0 was for the G-phone...Are you sure that is the one you want???
  7. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

no. who knows anymore. i just know the last one had the 2 drop down sites that i used quite a bit. maybe it was beta 4.1 because i remember it asking if i wanted to upgrade to 4.1. oh well i guess.

thanks you sherri and van for trying for me. i really appreciated it though.
  8. Rook

Rook New Member

Opera Mobile really isn't worth it anymore. I used the first Q for a year and a half using Opera Mobile and on an original Q it did make a difference (then my phone was stolen). With the Sprint Q9C, all of the speed hacks and the increased cache sizes the difference in program speeds between PIE and Opera Mobile is almost non-existent. And that observation is made in Lubbock, TX where the data download is 1X only for Sprint and EVDO only when I force Roaming (Verizon i think). When using EVDO, there is no difference between Opera Mobile and PIE. And one more quick note, if you do decide to pony up for Opera Mobile, they give you the option to try 9.5 BETA....Don't. It is still very BETA for the Q and they are usually very slow about fixing anything.
  9. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

try reading the thread title the next time. :)
  10. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

theres opera mobile & opera mini 4.2 rel. (java)

Via Q9H-AJ
  11. Rook

Rook New Member

I did read the thread title, then I read the entire thread before I posted. The entire thread like when you responded to Boycan and shrekfx in post #14 and in #16 after Vazguard posted, plus others and their mentioning of Opera Mobile. All of which pertained to the differences between Mini and Mobile in function and price. I realize that I had nothing to say about Mini, but that is because I do not use it. I just do not think that Mobile is worth the money anymore given everything this forum has shown me how to do with my Q9c. The subtle hint was still left in for those that own the original Q that Mobile was well worth it. I don’t mean to sound indignant because I have been reading this forum for a long time and had not gotten involved until this morning. But, the point of my post is still that, to me, for the Q9x Opera Mobile isn’t worth the money but for the original Q it is indispensable.
  12. sherri

sherri Active Member

I have the original Q. Just a question...never tried Opera. I have Mini and Skyfire. Do you think it's better than Skyfire?
  13. Boycan

Boycan New Member

I have a q9 but I paid for opera mobile and NEVER use it over pie it is just a slow starting pretty version of pie but I use mini alot much better than mobile in every way and free :)
  14. Rook

Rook New Member

In that I have never used Opera Mini I cannot say anything of substance about it and I never really took a liking to Skyfire. That's not to say I think there is anything wrong with it, I just never got into using it. This is not an answer to your question in any way, I know, but I have never broken away from PIE with my Q9c since it works very well and is lightning fast compared to my original Q. And I would suggest you at least try Opera Mini. My comments about Opera Mobile combined with Boycan and others' liking of Mini are enough to recommend that you try it for everyday browsing.
  15. sherri

sherri Active Member

99% of my browsing on the phone (original Q) is done through PIE. Most of that browsing is spent here, so PIE is fine, and definitely fast enough. The only time I use Skyfire is for flash videos, usually when Rudeboy posts something funny here. YouTube works in PIE becuse of the TCPMP and flash video bundle that was installed over a year ago...

My 16 year old likes Opera mini the best, and she uses that to pull up hers schools' websites and e-boards. She also uses it for FaceBook (on my phone...)

Thanks for your input. I was just wondering the differences between the pay version of Opera and the free Opera Mini. Doesn't sound like I would need another browser!:wink: The 4 that I have are enough! (TeaShark/Opera Mini 4.2/Skyfire/PIE)
  16. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

+1

@sherri, I started checking out opera mini, and its all i use now. I hate it when i click a link in an email or pocket twitter and it opens PIE. What i don't like is it seem to bulky. And for me its not as fast as opera mini. Also i have a problem with most applications that don't have an "exit" option. The look and feel of mini is small but very clear, and compact. You can set it to fullscreen and it will ALWAYS stay full screen. It imo the best browser for me. Id also chose opera mobile over PIE.

But everyone has different likes and dislikes..:2cool:
  17. MadMangs

MadMangs New Member

You might be able to fix that one column view in PIE Sherry by changing the options under the view menu (i think it's the view menu, can't remember off the top of my head and I left my phone down in the truck, lol). Some views are better than others depending on which website you're visiting and whether the web page has page frames or not.

Go to the page you're seeing 1 column on and try the different view settings to see if any of those render the page the way you prefer. I don't recall but if PIE has some kind of "smart view" turn it on/off to see if that helps.

Basically, a page frame is a web page within a web page and PIE just stacks each frame on top of each other when in 1 column view mode.

SkyFire is the best browser I've seen so far that deals with frames well. I haven't used many browsers tho so there may be another that works better.

If you have trouble finding the view settings, let me know and when I have the phone handy I'll reply with exact instructions on how to change the view mode/style.

Hope this helps :smile:
  18. Sicilian40

Sicilian40 New Member

Which Version of Opera?

I have a new Q9C from VZW running Win Mo 6.1. I've tried downloading Opera at http://operamini.com which brings me to a menu that says Opera Mini 4.2. It also says my phone model could not be detected and to try a different version. No matter what link I click on i get an error that says Error: This file cannot be viewed on this device. I cannot even download Opera mini 3.1.2 without getting the error.

What am i doing wrong?
  19. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

You need to download Jbed before you try to download Opera mini. I'm mobile so I 'ovide a link, but do a search for Jbed and that should do the trick.
  20. sherri

sherri Active Member