opera mini 4.1 help

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by riskybzns, Dec 6, 2008.

1. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

opera mini 4.1 help

does anyone know where i can find it at? i've tried opera's site and they end up showing opera mini when i try selecting a previous version instead of 4.2. i have searched for it, found it at download.com, but when i select 4.1 there is nothing to download unless i'm missing something. thanks to all that try and help.
  2. tagecho

tagecho Guest

Not Freeware

Opera is not a freeware.
  3. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

Opera mini is free, the mobile version is not.

think they pulled 4.1 down..lemme see if I hve it someplace..
  4. sherri

sherri Active Member

Just curious...why do you want the older version?
  5. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

thanks for clearing that up sherri. because they had all the good preloaded sites in the drop down menu, like imdb, wikipedia, dictionary.com there isn't anything special about 4.2 except that you can change skins. i'd been more impressed if they added a copy and paste feature.
  6. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

thanks mike, i would appreciate it if you did. i'm confused as to why they would offer a previous version of 3.0 instead of the others.
  7. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

TC is still searching for the .jar file, file manager locks up
  8. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Found this one on my computer. I uploaded it to my Drop, so just hit the link and download the opera file there.
  9. shrekfx

shrekfx New Member

wait.. Opera browser for desktop is free, opera mini is free, but they charge for opera mobile? that dont seem right.
  10. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Ya and I bought opera mobile and still use pie opera mobile is better at some things but not many :)
  11. shrekfx

shrekfx New Member

how much was it?
  12. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

thank you! looks like wikipedia is on there but not imdb and dictionary.com. maybe i'm thinking of the wrong version, but i'm pretty sure i had the last beta version. maybe it was 4.0.
  13. Boycan

Boycan New Member

Been a while but I think 29.99 I wouldn't recomend it unless you could get it on sale. It is just a pretty version of pie?
  14. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

at least you can save pics using opera mobile, but i wouldn't pay for it. it sucks that you can't just roll back the date like you use to with some programs.
  15. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

My friend has the trial version of Opera Mobile on his N95 (Symbian) and he showed me that there is a file he can just delete and it will reset the trial. Not sure if you can do it with WM, but that weird trick is out there. Of course, that is no fair to Opera.
  16. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

no, its not fair to opera, but like the other user said, mini is free, the pc version is free, but your gonna charge for mobile. makes no sense to me. i'd figure more people use mini over mobile anyways.
  17. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

My friends prefers Mobile, but each to one's own I suppose.
  18. sherri

sherri Active Member

I had originally installed Esmertec Jbed, and the original opera mini (I think it is 4.1) on my Q. I also have Tea Shark there. Then, when the upgrade was offered for Opera Mini (4.2) I installed that. Now, if I click on the Esmertec icon in the start menu, I have the coice of Opera, Opera 4.2, or Tea Shark.

I can't find the .cab or .exe file for you. If you tell me where to look, I'll see if I can get to it and post it for you.
  19. shrekfx

shrekfx New Member

What is the diff between opera min and like skyfire.. I like PIE for the simple adding posts to like EQ, but for like viewing pages, I like skyfire cuz you dont miss as much like you do in PIE.. Is opera mini better then PIE?
  20. sherri

sherri Active Member

Opera mini is somewhere in-between PIE and Skyfire. Will not play the flash videos, but has more visuals than PIE. PIE seems to pull up mobile versions most sites I visit, or opens them in a crazy single column...Opera Mini has more of a desktop look. My daughter prefers it for opening her school website (graphic intensive, but no flash) to get to her teacher's e-boards.

Skyfire is also a battery hog, so watch out for that. Hope this helps a little bit!