Opera Mini 4.1 (beta)

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Noodlez, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Whizzer

Whizzer Member

Center Key on D Pad INEFFECTIVE--OM4.1

On my Q1, the D pad will scroll but I have to push in my thumbwheel to select anything.

I'm so used to using the shiny button, having to use the scroll wheel is wierd and unhandy. But I CAN browse at least.

Also on the Opera Mini website, they state you can use the number pad to quick scroll, with 5 being a zoom toggle. I can't.

I need to say I am completely new to Opera, having always used PIE. Did the center key work on OM4.0??

Thanks!
  2. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Center key works fine for me on my Q9c, as does the 5 key to zoom in/out. Both worked fine for me as well with OM4.
  3. Whizzer

Whizzer Member

Do you think I ought to uninstall 4.1 and try 4.0 first? I read a couple of other posts (one was #31 in this thread) earlier that had a similar problem.

Thanks for the quick response!

Stan
  4. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

I don't think 4.0 is needed for 4.1. Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling 4.1? What java emulator are you using?
  5. Whizzer

Whizzer Member

I am using JBed. (Off of your Qapps page, and yes, thankya very much!) I did it a couple of times and it didn't seem to matter. I uninstalled both JBed and OM4.1 and reinstalled them, thinking maybe I had gotten a funky install. Same thing--center key on D pad is dead as a hammer. Works in every other program, just not Opera Mini.
  6. Rev. Voodoo

Rev. Voodoo New Member

hm. I just installed 2 days ago on my Q9c using jbed and it works fine for me too
  7. crashdau

crashdau Member

Thanks sulster. Set it up last night and works like a charm.

pot Q9M
  8. hoopsta1423

hoopsta1423 New Member

you not being able to use the action button is due to another program you have installed. I forget the name of it, but its the program you have for easy 1 handed typing, where you just hold each key to scroll the alternate keystrokes instead of having to push the ALT button each time.

Try uninstalling that program and it should fix the center button not working.
  9. Whizzer

Whizzer Member

You were right!

Hey. hoopsta1423, you called it right.

I uninstalled Q Caps like you suggested and bingo-- Opera Mini 4.1 now accepts the Center Key input on my Sprint Q1. But I REEEEALLY like Q Caps. I'm gonna play with it, to see if I can "have my cake and eat it too" so to speak.

If I can come up with a solution, I'll post back here. Perhaps typing "qq" to disable QCaps will yield a different outcome, or maybe installing QCaps AFTER a clean install of Opera Mini4.1, instead of the other way around. It's worth a try.

Thanks a million!

I love this forum. I'm guilty of lurking too much and not contributing very often.

Stan
  10. Whizzer

Whizzer Member

Ok. QCaps and Om4.1 do conflict somehow on my Q1. Confirmed...

But I'm posting this from my Q, conneted through OM4.1--while using QCaps. while QCaps is on, my center key is disabled in Opera Mini. The instant I turn QCaps off (QQ) Center Key works.

Perfect.
  11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

You could try HookMgr. It's a little app that lets keyboard hooking apps play together better. I use it so QCaps and Vito play....
  12. sherri

sherri Active Member

Qcaps messing with the navigational keys

Thanks, guys!!! I installed the Qcaps yesterday, on RB's recommendation. I like it (but I guess I don't type fast enought...damn long fingernails!) If I linger too long on a key, it will change to either the capital letter of the one I want, or to the alternate character for the key. I know this is beneficial to type quickly or with one hand, but I can do neither! I was getting very nervous(those who read here regularly know this is something I do often when it comes to this phone) because after installing the Qcaps, the navigation keys stopped working on the Opera Mini for me also! Thank you for your solution, Whizzer, and to the poster who explained why this was happening in the first place! I uninstalled the Qcaps, but now that I know how to turn it off, I may re-install it. Thank you again! :thumbup:
  13. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Love it! Works just fine... Although, I do find it acting up as far as needing to hit the FN key to allow shortcut commands, and sometimes i have to hit the FN key several times before it registers.... I know this is a commin problem in this app, however...

No biggie,

Matt!

P.S. Text search on the pages is AWESOME! I have been waiting for that - it saves a lot of reading when you're in a hurry.
  14. Whizzer

Whizzer Member

I'm definitely liking what I'm seeing so far with Opera! And I much don't like the idea of turning off QCaps (heavy keyboard user). I'm kinda anal about punctuation, "better" grammar, and capitalization. QCaps makes that easy. My Q1 feels so weird without it.

So I just downloaded the freeware version of HookMgr. Will give that a whirl and report back.

Thanks for the tip!

Stan
  15. Whizzer

Whizzer Member

QCaps and Opera

OK. I downloaded HookMgr and installed it. So far so good. QCaps and Opera now peacefully co-existing.

Thanks to TreeFrog for the tip.
  16. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

no problem...I too got tired of QQ! :smile:
  17. vace0009

vace0009 New Member

I installed the new one... looks good. I wish the QWERTY keyboard would work with the auto complete for the addresses. Its been so long since i typed with the numerical pad that I don't remember what letters fall on which numbers.

But for now I will just turn off the auto complete and use jbeds text input inorder to type with the full keyboard. Otherwise all looks good.