Opera Mini 4.1 (beta)

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Noodlez, Apr 2, 2008.

1. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

What pages are you having issues with?
  2. steindog99

steindog99 New Member

Its always the next page after I login to something. Bank, credit card, school email. Normally the right softkey would be the zoomout key, but for some reason all it does is send me back a page. Can't seem to figure out how to zoom out.
  3. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

You can push the 5 key to zoom out if you're zoomed in.
  4. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Just got this. Can you do the same process to it as with OM4, where you remove the data use warnings before it runs?
  5. Noodlez

Noodlez New Member

yep don't even have to hack a file to do it, it gives you the option to never ask again when you first run it.
  6. svt-lightning99

svt-lightning99 New Member

well which one should I download? b/c I downloaded one of them and I have to use my number key pad I cant use my letter pad or else it will start off something like this ;;;;;;;;;;;;
  7. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

I am using Opera Mini 4.1 (Verisign version) without problems. You should disable direct url input in Settings after it's installed to avoid your other issue.
  8. coop5571

coop5571 New Member

I had to navigate to the opera mini 4.1 download site using opera mini 4. when i tried this using PIE it told me my device was not supported. Anyway i dl the verisign version & have not had any problems. it does seem at least 50% faster. havn't figured out how to "synch" bookmarks yet, keep getting invalid password message. Anyway so far so good.

posted from Q
  9. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Worked fine for me. When you enter in your password, do you wait for the last character to turn into a * before hitting OK?
  10. coop5571

coop5571 New Member

Yes I did, & just to make sure I went to the desktop Opera Link and tried the "forgot password" I get an error cannot connect to remote server message. Not sure what's going on
  11. mekalekahi

mekalekahi New Member

I'm making progress, but still strange issues. Thinking I must be having problems with Jbed, because I experienced the same issues with TeaShark of not being able to select any setting changes with the middle button, I downloaded the Esmertec Jbed 3D mod. - with the same results. After a little further research, I found and installed "JBed3dMod_HeapSizeFix" and once again had the problem with the select button (once again with 4.1) Out of the blue, I tried to select an option in 'Settings' pressing the thumbwheel instead of the middle button - and this time it worked. I've never had a problem with the middle button previously - and still don't when running any other program, but for some reason, only my wheel is effective with Opera. ??

Thanks for the help so far. If anyone has any further suggestions, they are very welcomed, as it's not very convenient to constantly switch back and forth between the directional pad and the thumb wheel.
  12. svt-lightning99

it works now after I did that thanks alot it's pretty cool broswer
  13. svt-lightning99

I cant take off ewallet off my phone Q9C how would I be taking off the program? it saids I can't take it off
  14. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

You should be able to go to Start-->Settings-->Remove Programs to uninstall it.
  15. ewok69103

ewok69103 New Member

I just installed 4.1 and for some reason every time I exit JBed and then go back into it and load Opera, It re-installs the program and I have to press accept and change my settings all over again. Any ideas what im doing wrong. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled but Im getting the same result. Thanks.
  16. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

I wonder if they fixed it so E and X etc will do page up and down. I'm endlessly having to switch the keyboard to numeric mode after form inputs.
  17. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Left and Right on the D-pad do page up/down, I believe . . .
  18. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

Occasionally
  19. PACanesFAn

PACanesFAn New Member

I am having issues with the permissions. It is asking me for net access everytime yet. I didn't see an option for allowing it everytime.

Thoughts and opinions and work arounds?

Edit: Never mind.
  20. Shlov1

Shlov1 New Member

I am having a similiar problem. I just downloaded 4.1. to access it I have to run Esmertec then selected Opera mini 4.1 (launch it). It loads an then I ge the do you allow net access question, then I get another net access question with 2 buttons, the first is
    Yes, but ask me next session then the second is
    Yes, but ask me next time.

ther eis no option not to get this anymore. I checked my version and I am running 4.1. Can anyone help. I love the program but these 2 screens are real pains. thanks in advance.