only in...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rudeboy, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

:laugh: Are you kidding me?! I dont mind you being nosey! Actually Ive forgotten how nice it is to have someone talk to you at work. Theres no one here on the graveyard shift but me, EQ, yahoo Answers, a bunch of blocked websites and a bunch of hispanic cleaners. So mostly I have LOTS of onesided conversations. (This usually results in weird looks when i try to communicate with others since Im apparently referring to myself in the third person when I speak)
  2. cheri

cheri Active Member

What kind of work do you do? My co-worker is spanish speaking...my spanish is not so great but for some reasons beyond lengthy explanations my spanish could be alot better.

We joked the other day that even though I had three jobs at one point I could not qualify to be Mexican because not one of the jobs was outside! Hey it was her idea LOL and made me crack up! We joke alot like that...I would not recommended joking with your co-workers like that though. You could get in trouble lol. My co-worker and I have no racial or other stereotypes when it comes to humor....we know the other is joking. I told her why do you think it is your job to water the plants? When I leave I told her nobody is going to be around to understand a Mexican, unfortunately, that is not a joke because everyone left after I go is soooo wonderbread lol.

Hola, como esta, Senora or Senor is a nice way to say hello. Most likely you will get a...
    bien, gracias Senor with maybe an "y tu"...

Or you could really freak them out and say Orale, que paso, ese or esa...that would really rock some worlds...so old school pachuco LOL people still use it though. Learn alot of cus words in spanish...that will crack them up too, dont use it directly at them but at something you are doing.

I gotta hand it to you, at least it sounds like you try to communicate.
  3. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

Im an Overnight Concierge Supervisor for a Resort in GA. I work at the Lodge. http://www.seaisland.com (uh oh that just completly blew my cover eep :foot:, or I just opened the door to more influx of guests, in which case Yea for me :) )

The Hispanics have a name for me (weapondrift huevos de chupacabra - ROFLMAO) If that name doesnt get me booted IDK what will :foot: (strike 2 lol). As Far as comunication goes, yeah I kinda have to. I mean comeON, I realize why the IT guys block websites but when you work Overnights they cant expect me to sit up all night with nothing to do. I cant really say anything to them cause then theyll probably say "Well maybe we need to find you something else to do.". *sigh* Dont get me wrong this job is the best thing thats ever happened to me but still, How else are you going to stay awake all night?
  4. cheri

cheri Active Member

well your comprehension of spanish is interesting....huevos are technically eggs. El chupacavra, that is interesting too lol..please explain why they call u that. Do u sneak up on them? unintensionally of course!

nice resort by the way!
  5. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

The overnight chef called me that when i started lol. He told me huevos means balls and Chupacabra is the infamous goat sucker that kills cattle and small animals and sucks their blood. :w00t:

Thanks for the resort compliment..lol i cant tell you how many people immediatly ask me if I can get them a room there. "Sorry, I tell them I dont wanna spen 700+$ a night to stay there. (p.s. that doesnt include meals either)
  6. cheri

cheri Active Member

You see where I live to the left....I know what you mean by $700 rooms. Its Napa Valley here! lol Wine Country. Watch out some people are too high end to let you know when they are changing lanes in traffic.

What is an awful statement about Napa Valley is the schools. Unless you can afford private schools. The food in these schools here is awful. I am not ashamed to say that given Napa is known for its cuisine they really make little effort to provide anything fresh to public school kids.

Re: el chupacabra...yeah that mo fo is a goatsucker lol. I am just tryin to figure out why they call you that! Especially the huevos part eww lol.

Huevos does mean what you say....but it also means eggs. Blancio's is the fancy term for eggs, huevos is I guess the slanger version.
  7. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

NAPA VALLEY!!! WOOT!! yall have great wines over there!!1 *get on my knees and begs for some wine from Napa valley!!!!*
  8. cheri

cheri Active Member

lol i only time i tasted was at an office wine tasting game. I dont drink....not against it...just not my thing. If i come across some vino ill let ya know.
  9. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

*throws a party for the two of us* ...well we can bring r.b. along if you want :tounge:
  10. cheri

cheri Active Member

yeah...he could be the chaperone. lol
    on the vino note...i see people buying mass amounts wine at Trader Joes, i dont know if there is a Trader Joes where you are....but if there is definitley check it out.
  11. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

no Trader Joes here but we do have a whataburger (whatever that is??) Apparently there all over the West but few in the East.
  12. cheri

cheri Active Member

i dont know what whataburger is so they arent too all over here. Trader Joes is a better option.
  13. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Trader Joe's here is a furniture store. Kinda funny how things are so different in places but yet so much is still the same.
  14. cheri

cheri Active Member

lol THR!
    that is interesting. i havent had a pension for eating furniture lately.
  15. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

puts a new meaning to the phrase "getting your fiber" :laugh2:
  16. cheri

cheri Active Member

natures little wisk broom as one of my MENSA friends calls it