Omnia Issues

Discussion in 'Samsung Omnia' started by captain98, Jul 11, 2010.

1. captain98

captain98 New Member

Omnia Issues

I've had issues with omnia ever since I had it around a year ago. Mainly with others not understanding me, poor phone quality, not sure exactly what it is.

Anyways, I am able to get a droid x upgrade from verizon early, should I even look at it or wait a while and see what else is on the market in a year from now??

Also what happened to all the posts on this site, seems like they all vanished??
  2. mhans311

mhans311 Member

I would go for the Droid X. I have an HTC Ozone right now and am generally quite happy with it, but I am tempted to upgrade to the Droid X as well. If your Omnia is giving you trouble, I would switch. There will always be a reason to wait to upgrade. There will always be better phones coming out "in a couple of months". The only reason I would wait is if you are at all intrigued by Windows Phone 7. If you want to hold out for that, you could wait til the end of the year to see how that looks. Anyways, I think there aren't so many posts on this site anymore because a lot of people have gotten tired of waiting on Microsoft and have moved on to other platforms (mainly Android). Another thing, if the Droid X is too big for you or you like a different phone more, you could always upgrade to the X, then sell it and buy an Incredible or whatever.
  3. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

i would go for the droidx but first i would say, have u flashed your omnia yet?
    did u do either of the firmware updates?
  4. captain98

captain98 New Member

I did the flash and firmware update a while ago and never really did see an improvement. I'm not sure if it is how I was holding the phone, but ever since I had it, people tell me I sound muffled or like I'm talking into a box and never had that problem with any other phone. I actually did get a different omnia at one point but it had the same issue, so I don't know. It hasn't been a good phone for me.

Not sure I want to spend $200 on a new phone or wait to see what else comes up 6 months from now. I don't believe I'm eligible for an upgrade, except for the droid x, must be a special promotion by Verizon.
  5. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

yes But have you ever flashed a custom rom? I really hope your screen doesnt STILL have samsung widgets on it. If you have not flashed a custom rom with either titanium or m2d you should go to my post called how to flash ur i910. Its not telling you how to do the official flash.