Older style Moto Q to a Q9c Contacts....

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Bert336, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Bert336

Bert336 New Member

Older style Moto Q to a Q9c Contacts....

ok, so i havent posted in a minute since i own a blackberry :p but i passed on my Q to my brother, and he is upgrading to a Q9c from alltel...my question is, would i still be able to swap the .pim file from the older Q to the new 9c? or how can i go by swapping my contacts? thanks guys!
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

pretty sure it's the same format... if not you could consider Jeyo Companion or Dashwire..
  3. Bert336

Bert336 New Member

cool. and the file again is located right there under the main windows folder? vol.pim with the latest modified date on it right?
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

in the root of the phone there should be only one pim.vol
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yea, what Paco said....
  6. Bert336

Bert336 New Member

cool thank you. any insights on the 9c? is it better more stable than the first Q? after 5 returns i had enough of the Q....but my brother wants to keep it since it allows your to view youtube and do picture messaging.. :angry:
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

oh yea i seriously dig the Q9c... minor but cool new stuff plus the hardware/keyboard is superior in my opinion.
  8. Bert336

Bert336 New Member

it didnt work, i replaced the current pim with mine, and when i tried to access the contacts within the phone. it wouldnt even want to open the contacts list... so :( what is this unlock hack i saw in the 9c section? do i have to unlock the phone to do anything to it?
  9. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

did you reboot the phone?
  10. Bert336

Bert336 New Member

yea, this is how i did it. this has been the way i've done it when i had the other Q replacements...

I opened up the root folder and i saw the pim, i went in and moved the current pim to my documents folder within the phone, i then grabbed the pim from my desktop which i had copied earlier from my old phone. I pasted it onto the main root, restarted the phone and press contacts. the contacts window flashes for less than a second i can only see contacts on top of the screen and then goes back to home screen. i then went back to the root folder and my documents, deleted the old pim (the one i had moved to documents) rebooted and tried it again and it still didnt work...
  11. Kentanner11

Kentanner11 New Member

I am having the same problem... upgrading from a Q to a Q9c.... does the exact same thing you described. Any solution found?
  12. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

If you sync your phone with Outlook, your PIM will automatically update when you sync your new phone.
  13. Kentanner11

Kentanner11 New Member

Ha! of course I dont use outlook--- Im off to my old computer to find outlook... stay tuned!
  14. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

copy the pim.vol file you want to your desktop

install total commander or resco explorer on new device

move pim.vol from pc to a folder on new device

use TC or resco to copy pim.vol from folder to root of device (yes to overwrite)

restart if needed
  15. Kentanner11

Kentanner11 New Member

I used total commander and moved, and restarted and I still get the flashing contact menu... (as described earlier)