Old games.

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Darksider, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Darksider

Darksider New Member

Old games.

I have heard of people using emulaters on their Treos. Is this possible for the Q? I would like to get some old NES games on my phone. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Gravy is not a beverage!
  2. dan99mp

dan99mp New Member

3. Q estion

Q estion New Member

do you know how many people out there are trying to figure out how this works right now? and its that simple?! LOL wtf... MONEY!!! it works great! thanks DAN
  4. Darksider

Darksider New Member

Thank you so much Dan!!!!
  5. Matador

Matador New Member

This is great but are there any emulators for Sega?
  6. dan99mp

dan99mp New Member

Click on the link to d/l PicoDrive. This should give you the emulator you need for Gensis games. Let me know how it works, since I'm still about a week from getting my phone.

www.gamesforsmartphones.com - PicoDrive

-Dan
  7. Matador

Matador New Member

PicoDriv is really an amazing emulator, the above link is of an old version that really doesn't work. I did some more looking and was able to find the latest version, here is the direct link

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=18856

This is a link to the forum post by the creator of the emulator for future updates.

PicoDrive 0.47 an updated version for PocketPC/SmartPhone - MoDaCo

I loaded this new version and BINGO, I got sound, full display and its amazing. I did find that if you turn the sound off the games run 100% and the graphics are amazing. With the sound on you get a very slight lag, still playable but noticable.

Finally I went here for all the game ROMS, this site is great and had everything I was looking for. If anyone has any questions on how to get this to work, let me know, the Key config. is a little tricky but I got it running perfect now.

Sega Genesis Roms at ROMNation.NET
  8. dan99mp

dan99mp New Member

Controls

I finally got my Q today and I loaded the PocketNesterPlus on my storage card. I can get games to display corretly, but I'm having trouble getting any buttons to work. Any advice would be apprciated. Thanks.

-Dan
  9. Q estion

Q estion New Member

well...follow the steps in the guide CAREFULLY... up is right down is left left is up and right is down...LOL
  10. dan99mp

dan99mp New Member

I remapped all the keys; however, any key I press does nothing.
  11. dodgerdann

dodgerdann New Member

Just to be sure, have you tried more than ONE game? I was getting frustrated because it didn't work with Duck Hunt. Then my dumbass realized that I need the gun for that game. Yeah, sometimes the brain isnt functioning.:wacko:
  12. dan99mp

dan99mp New Member

Yeah I tried it with two different games. One of them being Super Mario Brothers.
  13. Matador

Matador New Member

Just a heads up guys I had to remove the Sega emulator because the tget software that it uses to load the ROMs was conflicting and causing major issues with the phone, specifically the speed dial functions. I removed it from the system and the phone is back to normal. The NES emulator seems to be working a bit better so far.
  14. redmarker

redmarker New Member

have you been able to save your game state when using any of the emulators? i got the nintendo to play games, but not save any of them. and i can't get snes or genesis to load any games at all. is it required that i have a memory card to run these apps?
  15. cavfire97

cavfire97 New Member

Hey I'm new here, I just got my q like a week and a half ago and I'm not a computeer genius by any means. I'm lost with how to get the pocketnester to my q. I downloaded the pocketnester to my computer and downloaded a trial winrar but I dont know where to go from there. Can someone help me?
  16. redmarker

redmarker New Member

this is how i did it, go ahead and enter your Q and in the "my documents" folder (which is also the first folder you see when you explore your Q) and make a folder for pocket nester (for simplicity sake i named it "nintendo") and put pocketnester.exe and roms inside.

the emu has problems loading roms with the "load rom" feature within the prog, so use file manager to manually explore the folder and load the rom instead.

remember to map the button settings once it's loaded up, i use "O" for the A button, and "P" for the B button, and the d-pad is rotated somehow. i.e. left is up, up is right.....

i think i remember seeing a thread somewhere on how to set the d-pad controls properly, it's a real pain at first. just remember you can't save your games, but make sure to let me know if you find a way to!
  17. dodgerdann

dodgerdann New Member

Actually, if you download/install this http://tillanosoft.com/anonymous_ftp/pub/ce/tgfdllsp43e.zip

you will be able to use LOAD ROM feature and it will list all your NES files! It's awesome!
  18. dodgerdann

dodgerdann New Member

SUPER MARIO 3 doesn't save for me but LINK (Zelda 2) does! Go figure....
  19. redmarker

redmarker New Member

thank you so much! that .dll file did the trick, in the last 5 minutes, i got phantasy star for the picodrive (genesis) and chrono trigger for the pocketsnes all working! very much happiness in my head right now.

now my next project is buying a 2gb card for multimedia files, do you guys know of a player that may do .mpg, .mpeg, .mp4, .avi, .ogg files within the same app.
  20. cavfire97

cavfire97 New Member

well I got the pocketnester on my phone but I downloaded some roms to the q and when I select them in the file it just opens up to a black screen. I donjt know what it is. where do you get your roms from.