OK- so Papyrus VS. XTreme Agenda

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by tngirl, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

I will have to look at what Find Online is as I am not familar with it...
  2. nivek911

nivek911 New Member

The Find Online allows you to lookup names in the Exchange GAL and display email, phone number, etc to add them to your Contact list or email them if you are unsure of their email address.

Thanks for looking into it.
  3. BoodaLuvr

BoodaLuvr New Member

I like what I've been hearing about XA and I d/led the trial vers. but I had a question. Is it possible to set a time to the appt. made on XA w/o using Outlook? Say I have a meeting with a client @ 3:30 and another @ 5 pm on the same day. Can I set both appts. on XA or do I have to do it on Outlook? Btw, I luv this program. I am almost your costumer just need an answer my questions. Sorry if this has been posted on this thread. I tried searching for the answer but cant find it. Thanks in advanced.
  4. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Im not really understanding the question? Obviously you can set up 2 appointments directly in XA and it allows you to set the time, and if it is a meeting you can add the attendees...?? But Im not quite following what you are asking....
  5. BoodaLuvr

BoodaLuvr New Member

Sorry, I posted that after a 36 hour shift @ work and a few vodka drinks. Now that I have had a few hours of sleep. I found what I was looking for. Sorry. But thanks for posting a quick reply. Imma try to get more sleep before posting anything, so that I dont look stupid. :)
  6. BoodaLuvr

BoodaLuvr New Member

One more thing actually, is it possible to view upcoming appt./tasks on the main screen w/o going into XA? I know I probably missed it in one of the options. Sorry for the stupid questions. Thanks.
  7. scottjb

scottjb New Member

There is no home screen plugin packaged with XA. It uses the standard PIM database, so the built-in plug-ins, or any third party plug-ins using the PIM data, would work just fine.
  8. rkrafft

rkrafft New Member

Next Month Preview Pane in XA

I'm giving XA a try and like what I see so far. I need help accessing the "Next Month Preview" in Month view. Can someone advise? Thanks!
  9. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

go into options, calender display, if you have the latest version its just a box you check
  10. rkrafft

rkrafft New Member

Next Month Preview

Thanks jim9112 but I must be blind. I have v 2.25.3 and in Month view I select rt soft key "Menu" and then select "options". I now see "Select Views" and rt side of screen and "Catagory Setup" on lft side of screen. But underneither do I find a box the check for the Next Month Preview pane.
  11. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

no prob heres more exact directions menu/options/menu/view options/schedule/ you will see a ton of boxes to check at the bottom check preview in month
  12. rkrafft

rkrafft New Member

Next Month Preview

jim9112 - Beautiful! Thanks for your help. I hadn't discovered that screen yet.
  13. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

glad i could help
  14. insulator

insulator New Member

Extreme Agenda Task Sort

Brian,
    Loaded the trial version, and it looks really nice. But...when I try to sort tasks, my Q locks up completely. This has resulted in two "take out the battery" resets, which are the only two resets for my Q so far. Any suggestions?

I loaded the program into my device memory the first time, and it slowed my machine to a crawl. Reloaded into my memory card and it seemed to run much faster...until the sort problem above. Any reason for this? I seem to have plenty of device memory.

Any updates on the desktop component of the wallet? My trial with FlexWallet is up in a few days and I have to make a decision.

What about synchronizing notes with Outlook? Smartphone notes works great, but it would be more convenient to use one program.

Thanks
  15. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Hello,
    How many tasks do you have and how are you trying to sort them.. I have never heard of this...!!? But please try 2.26 tomorrow as I see a change in there that may fix it...

I am working on the Desktop Wallet this week but am readying up a new
    version of XA for tomorrow and got kind of carried away attempting some optimizations in it, so... I hope the desktop wallet will be ready next week....
    Havent had a chance to work on note synching...

Thanks
  16. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Version 2.26

I have released 2.26, if you can let me know if that clears up your task sorting problem...

Version 2.26 is mostly a maintenance release and so changes about 30 things.

One change is how we load appointments. So if you see any significant increase or decrease in speed in the calendar/agenda views please let us know. We are obviously shooting for an 'increase'!! :)

Another new feature is you can press 'space' (or #) to toggle the preview panes on/off on the calendar and Task views. This turned out to be a really neat feature that I have used all the time since implementing. As on the calendar you can set it up to see both calendar bars and category icons in full screen mode( so can jump to full screen for more quick information) and then use the preview mode quickly as well...

Enjoy....
  17. insulator

insulator New Member

Extreme Task Sorts

Downloaded 2.26 like you suggested. I have around 720 task items, and trying to sort by due date. My auto-archive should be cleaning items out that are over 6 months (on the desktop), but this doesn't seem to be happening. I like to keep completed tasks, and occasionally refer back to notes. But didn't intend to have that many. The sort eventually worked, but it took forever. I may just clean some out of my desktop and lean it up on the next sort.

One other small question--How do I get the preview pane in the month view to show up on the right, instead of below the screen?
  18. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

720! Wow! Ok, so I dont think Ive ever worked with a data set quite that big for tasks. I actually have plans to optimize the tasks views to use some fancier backend stuff so that it works much faster, but it hadnt been a priority as I had never heard of users with this many tasks, and I guess those
    that do dont end up sorting much.. :)

Under Schedule Options (in view options in options menu) there is "right preview" or similar below where you turn off the preview in this screen.

Thanks
  19. insulator

insulator New Member

Extreme Tasks

Never really thought about leaving "completed" tasks laying around in the desktop. My old Palm device (Kyocera 7135) never had a problem, but it may have only synchronized un-completed items. I may have to check in active synch to see if this is an option. I really don't need to carry around the archive stuff.

Thanks again for your help and feedback in this forum.
  20. sulster

sulster Active Member

Brian, I am noticing a marked increase in speed of moving from day to day and opening the Dates/Week/Month page. Nice!!!