OK- so Papyrus VS. XTreme Agenda

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by tngirl, Jul 13, 2006.

1. quebert

quebert New Member

cuttin them off where? I haven't noticed anything like that, but I haven't really paid much attention, and I'm unsure where you're refering to. Let me know and I'll let you know.

I finished the trial of Extreme Agenda, pretty damn slick program! I wish I hadn't bought Photo Contacts Pro first. Trying to limit myself to buying no more then 1 program a month. With Palm and the millions of freeware programs I was spoiled when it came to paying for software :) Extreme Agenda seems worth the pennies it cost though.
  2. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Dont worry, we'll keep adding on until we get to that Killer feature(there are some big ones coming), so we win you over one of these months... ;)

We have a new release Im hoping ready tomorrow which addresses the aesthetics only, for the most part... We hope it looks even prettier... :)

Thanks for taking a look...
  3. quebert

quebert New Member

already been won over, just a matter of when I get off my lazy butt and register it. I don't really need a calander app as I'm a lazy bum who has no need to schedule anything (as I don't do anything!) But, I only talk to a couple people, and that didn't stop me from spending $27 *too muuuuch!* on Photo Contacts Pro. I'll buy the app this month, maybe i can use it to better organize my food/tv/video gaming time. So I can become a more productive and efficent lazy bum.
  4. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

We have now released Version 1.61.
    Changes are mostly in aesthetics and usability, including font size setting, jump to links shortcut, new formats of some displays, the new tab titlebars, and several other fixes and enhancements...
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for taking a look....
  5. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

Nice to see the application updates posted in this thread =)

Just downloaded 1.61 and installed.. it seems however, that I still can't pop up a calendar to select dates for Tasks.. ?
  6. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Yes, we are looking into how to do that, as You can turn on/off task dates, so the action button turns them on/off and thus can not be used to bring up the date selector. Thanks...
  7. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

Well.. after you hit the "action button" to turn the date on/off, you have to hit the "right button" to advance to the date entry field.. if you press the "action button" there, it does nothing.. so you could have it pop up the calendar if the "action" button is pressed when a date-entry field is active.

Just my $.02, I'm no programmer.
  8. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Ill look into that more, Im not sure if I can determine that the checkbox is highlighted or not.. It may be possible... Thanks
  9. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Version 1.62 Released

We are pleased to announce the release of version 1.62 of Extreme Agenda.

After testing our application on our new Q (thanks Moto) we decided to do one more usability release before moving on to bigger features. We had it working well, but there were just a few small things that we figured we could do better. Just subtle changes that would make the interface that much easier to interact with.

So be sure to get your FREE upgrade if you are registered, and thanks for taking a look....

http://www.birdsoft.biz/MotorolaQ.htm
  10. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

eXtreme Agenda 1.75 Released - Now with Notes

Birdsoft is pleased to announce the release of Version 1.75 of the popular Extreme Agenda for the Windows Mobile Smartphone. The new version features a Notes View with Powerful Text Editor that includes, Find, Cut/Paste, and Text Insertion Support. It also adds Category Coloring and optimizes the calendar drawing among many other enhancements.
    [​IMG]
    New Notes View.

[​IMG]
    Calendar has been optimized to show both Timeline Bars and Category Icons.

So check it out now at Birdsoft.biz
  11. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

Sweet, love the improvements!
  12. mlacosta

mlacosta New Member

Calendar recurrence

Currently on Outlook I use the recurrence on a yearly basis (I use it for birthdays) I use the effective date as the original b-day. Say 10/31/1986. So when I view it on the Q, it shows how many reoccurrences have happened. Thus it will show “(20)” next to the appointment. It’s an easy way of getting a quick look for ages for family members.

Question: Is this something eXtreme can do in an easy way. I can post a screen shot if needed.
  13. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

I had addressed this on another forum, but you can just add the person as a contact and set their Birthday and the Birthday handling in the program will show them on the Agenda views...

We are hard at work and 2.0 and it is gonna be cool..!! You can find out more information on my blog at our site.....

(and we're looking for a few beta testers... email or PM me if interested...)

Thanks
  14. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

2.0 is looking good.

One problem though, that seems to have persisted across all versions so far.. What happens is that after entering a recurring appointment, it is never posted to the calendar.

Here are the steps that make it fail every time for me:

- Create a new appointment
    - Time: check All Day
    - Occurance: Annual
    - Staus: Free

Press "Done"
  15. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Ill look into this... thanks!
  16. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Another Contender -- Agenda One

I just browsed through this thread and didn't notice any mention of Agenda One (which I use). I like it, but am having some second thoughts because of Birdsoft's presence in the forums and additional features (like Notes and Wallet).

Agenda One has Calendar (Today, Agenda, Weekly and Monthly), Tasks, Contacts and Search views, plus a cool over-the-air updater (a new update was just released on 1/3). We did a review of Agenda One at pocketnow.com.

Steve
  17. inf3st

inf3st New Member

I didn't even know about the over the air updater. Rock on!
  18. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

eXtreme Agenda 2.1 Released!

Birdsoft is pleased to announce the release of Version 2.1 of eXtreme Agenda. Version 2.1 features a new Call History Window for Contacts, Appointment Meeting Handling, and Appointment and Task email/web/phone parsing so you can now 'call' your Appointment. Other additions include using the default WM5 phone numbers for contacts and 60 new Icons which put the total of our icons to 200(and they are built-in and compressed so they don't waste valuable space).
    [​IMG]
    And with other great features found only in XA like Appointment Templates, a SECURE WALLET, and Outlook Item Linking, eXtreme Agenda continues to be one of the most popular PIMs available. We invite you to see what you've been missing.

So give Version 2.1 of eXtreme Agenda a try and take your Smartphone to the EXTREME!!!

eXtreme Agenda

--------------------------------------

I should have your 'yearly all day' bug fixed in 2.1 as well.. Thanks!!
  19. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

Nice! Thanks for the heads-up.

Is there any way that eXtreme Agenda can take over when you have an incoming call, and display the caller's picture more-or-less full-screen?
  20. fmkjr19

fmkjr19 New Member

very impressive looking app

Very impressive looking app... (It would save me from buying the "digital wallet") I have been using papyrus since nearly day one with facade. will extreme agenda work with facade or would I have to "click" on an icon or?

thanks
    frank