OK- so Papyrus VS. XTreme Agenda

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by tngirl, Jul 13, 2006.

1. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

Birdsoft,
    I like the new interface. Good job. I am having a problem with some of the entries on the wallet portion. There is no way to enter a letter on the keys that have numbers (w, e, r, etc). One place this occurs is Number on Health Information. My ID has an X and a D in it, so I cannot enter it on my phone. It works fine on the PC version. There are a couple of other places I have seen this, but I cannot remember which ones specifically.
  2. Lucky13MN

Lucky13MN New Member

I guess the only thing I don't like is the splash screen every time the app opens and more importantly the contact integration.

That said, it's only one small part of the contact integration I'm having a problem with, the rest of it I love :)

When I find a contact and select them to call it does what it's supposed to, but the next time I press 'Contacts' it goes back to the previous screen I was on instead of the contact list.

If that could be fixed this would be very close to perfect.
  3. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Thanks, Ill try to switch this somehow in next release!
  4. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Im not sure what this means? If you mean it goes back to that same contact you called, well that is Microsoft's fault... We are using Microsoft's view/edit screen for contacts, so it works exactly like theirs and until we re-write the entire screen we wont be able to change this behaviour...

The splash screen is actually a loading screen, so... That is hard to eliminate as well.... It goes away as fast as it can...
  5. Lucky13MN

Lucky13MN New Member

When I use the built in contacts to look up info and make a call it's not at that contact when I go back to Contacts again, it starts a new session so to speak. They work totally different from one another.

If I don't actually make a call and come back THEN it does start over. But only if I don't hit 'Send'.

6. rubinproj

rubinproj New Member

The same behavior happend from search view too.
    I associate contact to spin wheel and If i search a contact and make a call, exit EA and press contact again, EA go back to the contact that i call him before.

Lior.
  7. Lucky13MN

Lucky13MN New Member

I'm having a problem with Extreme Agenda and it seems to be related to overnight appointments.

Anyone else want to try it and see if they get the same error?

Recurring Every weekday
    9pm-5:30am

Error I get is 0x80040068

Thought this would be an easy way to put the phone in quite mode automatically (Meeting).

Thanks
  8. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

I cant recreate this one... Are you using the newest version?
  9. Lucky13MN

Lucky13MN New Member

Yep... not sure what's going on. I can create a simple appointment but not this.

(BTW, I LOVE the new appointment entry screen!)

Exact steps I use:

Menu
    New Appt
    Subject: Quiet
    Start Date: 1/24/2008
    Start Time: 9:00pm
    End Date: 1/24/2009
    End Time: 5:00am
    Occurs: Every Weekday
    Sensitivity: Personal
    Done

Error: 0x80070057
  10. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Thanks...

Yes, you need to set your end date to the day after your start date, and then in the menu under 'custom recurrence' set the end date of the recurrence pattern to 1/24/2009. It really doesnt like 1 appointment that is a year long, especially repeated... :)
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

been there, done that... was embarrassed :}
  12. Lucky13MN

Lucky13MN New Member

BE-A-UTIFUL!

Thank you very much, makes sense.

I love the new version, much improved (and the original version was still my choice over all the others).
  13. Lucky13MN

Lucky13MN New Member

Are there any plans to have SmartPhoneNotes integration or the ability to integrate with Facade so you could select the appointment and view or edit it right from the home screen?

Just some ideas.
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

they are made by 2 different companies.. not sure if they will ever interact that way..
  15. Lucky13MN

Lucky13MN New Member

Wishful thinking, I guess. I'd use the built-in notes of EA but they don't sync with Outlook notes.
  16. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I know it's not quite the same...but I use EAnotes and MobSync. Works pretty good!
  17. Lucky13MN

Lucky13MN New Member

Does that sync the EA notes with Outlook notes?
  18. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

No..thats where the "not quite the same" part comes in!! :)

I sync to a notes folder on my PC!
  19. carl545

carl545 New Member

Birdsoft, I've been using xagenda trail for a week now and think it's great.

I appreciate your feedback in these threads.

Just a few comments:

1. I do not believe it's possible to assign a reminder to a preexisting task?

2. When tasks are sorted by "completed" they do not refresh on the fly when this task attribute is modified. Resorting is only triggered by restarting the app.

3. When tasks are sorted by "due date" I think it would be helpful to see two headings: "No Due Date" and "Due Date." Or, I'd like an easier way of managing identifying "no due date tasks" (like filtering out other tasks). I typically manage "No Due Date" tasks on the task page, and manage "due date" tasks on the schedule page.

4. When a scheduled appointment is past due, and the option to grey out text is set, is it possible to also grey out the blue vertical bar on day view as well? .. and maybe make the text and bar a lighter grey so as not to distract from the remaining active tasks/appointments?

Thanks
  20. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Thanks, I have printed out this message for fixes and further development!!!