OK- so Papyrus VS. XTreme Agenda

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by tngirl, Jul 13, 2006.

1. tngirl

tngirl New Member

OK- so Papyrus VS. XTreme Agenda

Which one? experiences? thoughts? usability?
  2. Phester13s

Phester13s New Member

I just downloaded and tried both...

On basic, trial versions, after about 2 hours working with both... I like Xtreme Agenda...

Going to try it out for a little bit and see if I will buy the full version.

(not sure if the contact part is worth it, but it has a better "agenda" view than the stock calendar)
  3. myersguy

myersguy New Member

Papyrus VS, XTreme Agenda

I hate to do this to you but I also tried both applications and I ended up purchasing Papyrus, I found it easier to use and feature rich.
  4. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Anybody interested in doing a semi-formal review of each?
  5. swagner

swagner New Member

I would love to do a quick side by side, but I can't get Extreme to run. I sent an email to support. So far, Papyrus seems like a big improvement over the built in outlook.
  6. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

Im not sure I saw your tech support email or it has been a while? Could you resend and/or what problem is it you are having and is it with the newest release(version 1.53)?

Thanks
  7. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

If you are still having problems, version 1.54 has been released which probably addresses them..

Thanks

(I would suggest everyone update to this version....)
  8. hnsimpson

hnsimpson New Member

It is great to see Birdsoft in the forum attempting to directly address any issues that a customer (or potential customer) may be having.

Kudos.

-Simpson
  9. swagner

swagner New Member

Extreme Agenda has better contact integration hands down.
  10. quebert

quebert New Member

does this mess with Photo Contacts Pro? I know they do different things, but it looks from the screen shots like it might conflict with it.
  11. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

There shouldnt be any conflicts at this time...
  12. Snarl

Snarl New Member

Papyrus is the CRAPPIEST agenda software ever...looks like a monkey programmed it...my two cents anyways :)
  13. scottjb

scottjb New Member

Now there's a thoughtful review. <_<
  14. quebert

quebert New Member

not the most through, and not very objective, but it was straight and to the point. I was considering buying it, but now I might look into eXtreme Adgenda. Don't want anything a monkey programmed

(no offense to monkies)
  15. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

I happen to have met the main developer at SBSH(Amit) and I will say with all certainty, that he is in fact not a monkey, nore does his product resemble anything a monkey could write...

Now if you will excuse me I have a banana to fetch... BoBo has a lot of work to do tomorrow to get the new features in eXtreme Agenda...

:thumbup:

j/k... a very strange post indeed
  16. hnsimpson

hnsimpson New Member

I downloaded and tried both. I happened to like both, but went with one over the other for a couple of reasons:

1- I felt that it was a more intuitive interface, and therefore seemed much easier to use. PLEASE NOTE- This very well may be because it was the first one I tried and got used to navigating with the controls and within the program before picking up the other.

2- It does what I want it to do. For my business, I needed to set appointments, work with ToDo lists, and keep track of life! The program I selected did it in such a manner that now my Q has become absolutely indispensible!

Both programs have been generally well recieved, and there are fans of both. They each offer free trial periods, upgrades to purchased products, and the developers frequent the boards, both reading and responding to end-users questions and suggestions.

Both are value-priced (under $20....but worth $50+). To me, these two products are like Coke and Pepsi: they are easily differentiated and are two different products with different personalities, but in the end they accomplish the same goal deliciously. It just depends on the end-user to make the most of the trial period to analyze their individual tastes and needs.

-Simpson

..transcended my Q from a novelty BlackBerry replacement to an essential business tool. I never leave home without it.
  17. swagner

swagner New Member

Well said Simpson,

Both are good products and do similar things. They each have a few features the other does not and have their own "feel". As they are further developed I am sure the feature sets will get closer and closer, but each will retain its own feel as they are created by different people. I like that you did not include your choice. I agree that anyone interested should try both.
  18. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

Finally gave eXtreme Agenda a whirl.. looks very nice.. it seems to me that the interface is a lot cleaner and more intuitive than Papyrus.

One thing I can't figure out is how to sort the Tasks inversely by completion -- so that the "Not Completed" tasks show up first in the list. Is this already possible, or something you can add, if not?

I don't care so much about stuff I've already done; I need to keep on top (no pun intended) of the things I still NEED to do.
  19. scottjb

scottjb New Member

Did you say which one you chose, or did I miss it in the translation? Huh?
  20. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Member

I believe he is in fact a Papyrus user, much like yourself.... No problems here as it is also a good product, and I like to hear from people that gave them both a fair shake... As said earlier, I would suggest everyone try both and come to your own conclusions...

:)

We will have to look into changing the completed sort in tasks... Thanks...

Oh, here is a teaser screenshot, of some features in our next version...

[​IMG]
    We have some truly big plans in store as well... Im guessing we'll convert some Papyrus users over to the dark side once we get there... ;)