Official YouTube app released

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by braj, Mar 20, 2009.

1. dollabill

dollabill New Member

i have the app but the videos are choppy, how do i correct this ?
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

maybe you are in a bad area and not getting enough speed
  3. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

To fix the choppiness... go to your nearest electronics store, buy a high-end notebook computer with built in-wifi, and open your browser to http://www.youtube.com

That is the only way I've found to fix the choppiness issues. Sorry.
  4. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

If he's lucky maybe Microsoft will be there to hand 'em the cash to buy a PC!
  5. dollabill

dollabill New Member

that would be the day
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

7. JMak

JMak New Member

My volume is all messed up...I.e., no sound. Youtube volume is max. Phone volume is max. I just dl'd and installed the newest version.

Pandora volume works fine on my Q9c.
  8. JMak

JMak New Member

another problem...whenever I click back to navigate away from a vid, the app crashes and I get an error message about winmsrotationmanager that takes me back to the HS...ugh!
  9. beats

beats Member

ihave the same problem with the app crashing along with the error message whenever you try to go back from a video.and please don't try it while in buffering,you'll have to turn the phone off to unfreeze it.
    another thing is anyone else's back button located at the top of your screen while in the youtube app? mine is. how r u supposed to press it? every time I try the left soft key the app crashes.what the ?any ideas?
  10. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

whats up beats!
    what version did you get?
    are you sure its the latest version?
  11. jcson777

jcson777 New Member

I just put the app up on my Motorola 9C on the VERIZON WIRELESS NETWORK through PIE running Windows Mobile 6.0 and NO flash or reg edits. It is having the same problem with "buffering" as some others have posted about. I do not think it is just a EVDO bars issue because it hangs after only about 10-11 seconds. The whole point of buffering is to store enough the video so you can watch it without pauses. So my question is WHO is smart enough to figure out the problem. My guess would be it may have something to do with the "internet speed setting" reg edit or something related to the temporary space needed to buffer the video. As it stands now this problem makes the app totally unuseable-
  12. beats

beats Member

what's up blackmetro!
    not sure of the version or whether it's the latest. sorry. I dl'ed a couple times.the first one had the buttons placed correctly (directly above the phones softkeys)and I only had the buffering issue. the second one had the app buttons at the top of screen, so pressing/using the soft keys during video play(video buffering)was pointless and did nothing but crash the app. I just gave up or gave in and erased it from my phone.I think its a cruel joke written by microsoft and performed by google.
  13. alisiam

alisiam New Member

I Can turn it off or turn it up faster? this new you tube app would be a ten except it buffers every couple seconds.help.