Official YouTube app released

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by braj, Mar 20, 2009.

1. capo8488

capo8488 New Member

works great on the 9m.. just another battery killer. =)
  2. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

wait till u slide the videos on ur touchscre.........ooops:)
  3. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

For anyone having problems downloading the Youtube application, I put the .cab file up on my file's section:

http://sites.google.com/site/darkdomino/Home/files

Should be at the bottom. Enjoy

Oh and is anyone else having a problem where you try to "backspace" in the search field and it minimizes the application to your homescreen instead of erasing the text? This seems to be happening every time, and it's nothing major but it's kinda annoying. Either way it's a really nice application, and I actually removed Kimona FreePlayer for this.

thumbs up for google!
  4. cchannelz06

cchannelz06 New Member

I have noticed the same issue. Is a little annoying.
  5. Gairith

Gairith New Member

To be honest, I was hyped while downloading youtube, but after using it I am a little disappointed. The picture is crisp, but about 9 out of 10 videos I've played take a few seconds to start actually moving(while the sound goes on), and I often hit a lot of picture lag. A few videos were HD, and ran super smooth, but the other vids... not so much.

Is everyone here watching videos perfectly? If so, maybe I should try a hard reset on my device.
  6. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

I've found that it's pretty much all dependent on your EVDO signal strength... anything less than 2 bars seems to make Youtube videos unplayable, as they will buffer every 5 seconds, if it even plays at all.
  7. beats

beats Member

<p>what about the buffering issue?</p>is there a fix or a hack that will smooth playability?
  8. braj

braj New Member

When my network is solid, so is the app. So it is just like any other computer: if there is bandwidth, you can stream. It isn't the app's fault our networks generally are spotty. Wifi sure would be nice though.
  9. p26963

p26963 New Member

Same thing is happening to me. Hopefully they'll come out with a newer CAB that fixes this.
  10. choslord2k

choslord2k New Member

it doesn't seem to buffer the entire video, say u hit pause and leave the video loading for 2 minutes it nevers buffer more than 5 sec. Anyone having this problem?
  11. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

Things the youtube app needs:

1. Favorites, Subscription, Commenting, Rating

2. The ability for the Youtube app to intercept youtube links in I.E. and via email/sms

3. Fix it so it doesn't minimize the app when you try and backspace in the search field.

4. Ability to SMS/email youtube links to friends
  12. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

It would also be great to have some control over buffering.
  13. beats

beats Member

you can say that again.maybe the gods of mt.smooth signal can overcome those evil buffer demons...tune in to next episode of 'WILL YOUTUBE EVER JUST PLAY !'
  14. lhbalesjr

lhbalesjr New Member

Same problem with backspace on Q9 Global. You would think that there would be some way around this like pressing the function key before using the backspace, but it doesn't seem to work. I wonder if BlackJack II owners are having the same problem, since they have a dedicated backspace key? I remember that being one of the only advantages of the BlackJack II keyboard over the Q9h. It didn't seem like a big issue at the time and I would still pick the Q.
  15. bann3d

bann3d Member

Works great on my Q-silver. There goes my productivity :tounge: Thanks a bunch!
  16. kobien123

kobien123 New Member

Youtube Application Q9c Installation

Hello, has anyone had problems after installation where the words are characters/wingdings and not the alphabet letters?

In the dialog window, where it tells you to choose the country and captions of the videos are all characters.

Upgraded to 6.1 and reinstalled the Youtube app.

Can't figure it out... any supplement to download?
  17. Yoda

Yoda New Member

For those of u that are irritated by not being able to backspace if u mess up what your searching for just tap the right soft key for menu then the left soft key to cancel and it highlights your text and deletes it when u start typing again. Hope it helps if some of u haven't noticed that yet and hate hitting the back arrow and leaving the app :)
  18. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

The upgraded YouTube client has officially been broken on my phone. I dunno what they did to it, but I am having all sorts of problems.

The app itself crashes a LOT. If a youtube video ends and you hit a button, it crashes. If you try to pause a movie, it crashes.

As it stands, the app is just about unusable on this phone.

I'll post the error message when I get home. It's something about an app "window" error

oh and I tried reinstalling the app after a master reset...same thing
  19. Yoda

Yoda New Member

Shouldnt have upgraded lol i noticed the same thing when i upgraded.. You need version 2.0.2 search around a little you'll find it
  20. sherri

sherri Active Member

I have the .cab for the older version (2.02) but I have no idea how to post it...I can e mail it if you need it. (Or, explain how to post it...)