Official Windows Mobile 6.1 Update Discussion Topic

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by chris, Aug 15, 2008.

1. stubbo

stubbo New Member

Update #2:
    I received my warranty replacement from AT&T and it shipped with 6.1 :laugh2:
  2. compman72

compman72 New Member

Updated

I had some problems with the update and with the help of Motorola Tech Support the new Windows 6.1 is installed.
  3. Silent Assassin

Silent Assassin New Member

Can I just tell you all how much I LOVE the threaded texting.

MUCH better than having to install a program (like Xtreme Text).

6.1 is fun, so far
  4. diannenet

diannenet New Member

Incoming Calls - no caller ID

ISSUE #1: My caller ID doesn't show who is calling (not even from my contacts list). I checked my settings and Caller ID" downloaded the settings from the network. I've powered my phone off and on.

ISSUE #2: When I go to my call history or when I have an incoming call, half the screen on the left is white and the other half has a background with a clown fish in tropical water. I have no idea why I have that. And when I have an incoming call it just says "Incoming Call" and doesn't display the contact or phone number.

Please note that I am using Facade. Would that make a difference? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dianne

P.S. I have a Moto Q 9h from AT&T and am using WM 6.1.
  5. netherbud

netherbud New Member

My Personalize my Q links don't work anymore on my Q9H Global

Help! I changed my start menu and now I can't get it into List view!
    I recently updated to the 6.1 rom on my Q9h and went into Explorer to change my start menu like I did in WM6, now the settings link to change the menu to list view errors out. I went into the registry and updated GridView to 0, which works at first, but as soon as I select a folder then on the next screen it goes back to grid and all the menus stay that way. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Used to be able to change this in the personalize my Q links in my phone, but the one to change view errors out everytime, and even when I tried a simple one like changing right soft key, that didn't work either.
  6. mgrimse

mgrimse New Member

anyone with good messaging running on 6.1? if so, any issues and what version of good?
  7. puckrazy1

puckrazy1 New Member

Where is the "Allow Advanced Network Functionality" option? I'm pretty much newb when it comes to modding. Never updated a phone before, but it doesn't seem that hard to figure out.
  8. dis100

dis100 Member

Searching for POLAND firmware for Q9H, because now i am in Ukraine with my Q9H global, but there is no q9h offically.
    So i am searchng firmware which is in POLAND offical motorola service centers
  9. Travolta

Travolta New Member

So.. as far as I understand, there is no 6.1 update for my Moto Q9c ? I`m using it outside US so its unlocked - does it mean that I can`t use update from US mobile operators ? thanks!
  10. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

there is only a wm6.1 upgrade for sprints Q9c not verizon or anyone elses
  11. Sloth

Sloth New Member

Aloha everyone. My first post!!

I am going to attempt to flash over to 6.1 this weekend and have been reading through this forum and the AT&T forums to see what problems or advise others had with upgrading. But when I was trolling through the various posts in this forum I saw this post (below) and have not seen an answer yet.

I use my caller ID and call history alot at work and while I suspect that it does work on 6.1 and the orginal poster (Dianne) may have a mod conflict, I just want to confirm that Caller ID does work with a Moto Qh from AT&T with 6.1.

Not in a big hurry to flash over so if this is a real problem, I'll wait.

Thanks in advance! :laugh2:

12. DJ_JuanE

DJ_JuanE New Member

You should not have any problems when you flash to 6.1, I did it about a week ago and have not had any problems with the caller id. Dianne does state that she is using facade, or something like that which could be causing her problem... :laugh2:
  13. marmarinou

marmarinou New Member

"Enable Advanced Network Functionality" is the setting on Q9m and Q9c (CDMA).

For the Q9h:
    Go to the "Connections" menu.

For the “USB Device Type” setting, “ActiveSync Rndis” should be selected:

Start > Settings > Connections > USB Device Type > select ActiveSync Rndis
    You can this info and more in the "guidelines and instructions" PDF doc on the Motorola web page for the AT&T Q9h update:

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomot...=MOTO Q9h Global&strCable=Mini USB Data Cable
  14. roundfile

roundfile New Member

Just updated my new Q9h. Seems to be ok. Wondering where the little connection box at the top of the screen went. you know the one that lets you know what network you're using ie: 3G, Edge.
  15. DJ_JuanE

DJ_JuanE New Member

Should still be there, at least on mine it is. Are you using any other "modd home screens?" I am using the original home screen and I am able to view the box... Wonder how i can take a picture of the screens on my Q? Guess I have some searching to do... :wink:
  16. farukavdiu

farukavdiu New Member

it`s working at me too
  17. benfarteen

benfarteen New Member

Losing sounds

Since upgrading to 6.1, my sounds keep disappearing. Start,Settings,Sounds keeps defaulting back to vibrate and nothing listed for message alerts, etc. I have set it like 3 times, but it randomly goes back to these blank settings and I keep missing calls and messages cause I'm not being alerted.

Anyone else seen this ?
  18. jchtrumpet

jchtrumpet New Member

Better Battery Life???

Seems like I get better battery life with 6.1--anybody else notice any changes.
  19. mark72501

mark72501 New Member

I was thinking the same...seems like I am, too, but time will tell if it continues.
  20. sweetypie

sweetypie New Member

is anyone else having issues with their bluetooth after the upgrade ?