Official Windows Mobile 6.1 Update Discussion Topic

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by chris, Aug 15, 2008.

1. computermavin

computermavin New Member

not really. bought it from att this past january at a store in boston. the MSU comes up with the IMEI but not carrier info.
  2. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

then take it to an att store and let them update it or use rsdlite.
  3. deputya51

deputya51 New Member

Roll back to WM 6.0

Does anyone know where I can get a flash copy of WM 6.0? Since upgrading to 6.1 my phone is locked now and half the stuff I had before (GPS, Pictures, etc.) won't work or can't be found. Also, my moto q 9h was unlocked before the upgrade, now it's locked.
  4. deputya51

deputya51 New Member

Won't downgrade

Got a coy of WM 6.0 but now the stupid thing won't flash. I'm using RSD Lite v3.8. It starts out fine, everything passes, then it gets to "Waiting fo Socket Comm.!!!" waits for about two minutes then tells me the flash has failed. Anyone got any ideas what to do to get my phone back to unlocked 6.0
  5. Technician

Technician New Member

6. farukavdiu

farukavdiu New Member

helo

Can you tell me please which is that verison which wont lock your phone,
    please past it here
    thank you
  7. farukavdiu

farukavdiu New Member

little help please

some help if u can provide i will be very thankfull:
    first you have done a great job,thank you

i will be very short and clear as possible;

i dont live in usa,
    my q9h is from AT&T(USA,my brother send it to me)
    it was locked so i unlock and it works great,
    if i upgrade to wm 6.1 will it be locked and do i need to unlock it again like before,
    i read that a version that wont lock my phone exist,is it true and where to find it?
    i download a file from this page:http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/motorola_q9h_61_update_officia.html and download this file from 78.3 mb (AT&T_Q9h_01.09.28R_Standalone_Update) in ZIP format.

if i want to flash back in wm 6.0 will it work if i make a backup with SPRITE BACKUP?(or what program to use that will flash back in 6.0 properly)

i think that this kind of problem has almost everyone here in this forum(except for those who are experts in this field) and your help will be very helpful to everyone.

Simply if you can tell us please:

1.where to download 6.1 update(that wont lock the phone)
    2.do we need a backup of 6.0 and with what program(ex.sprite backup)
    3.which program to use for upgrade to 6.1 from pc (where to get them)
    4.and than all the neccesary steps how to upgrade until the process is complete from A to Z.

I try to download direct from motorola site and it`s not possible in my area because i dont live in USA i think(i got this on the screen from direct motorola:he page you requested doesn't exist in this location.)
    thank you for your time.
  8. tendomentis

tendomentis New Member

For anyone worried about losing contacts, calendar, or tasks, look at my.funambol.com. It's an open-source sync solution that's been around longer than Dashwire. It syncs with the website and there are sync clients for Microsoft Outlook, smartphones, pocket pc phones, ipods, etc...

I've been using it on all my computers and phones to keep my appointments and contacts in sync for over a year. It's just like Exchange, but free.
  9. nueros

nueros New Member

wont update - official release

I have a Q9h, ATT locked. I downloaded the "official" update from the motorola site (AT&T_Q9h_01.09.28R_Standalone_Update.exe). I run the Motorola update software after it installed and it just says I already the latest software. What the heck. I can see i only have 6. Every other aspect of my phone works without issue. It synchs and data transfers without problems.

It not like there are a lot of "options" in the software. But has anyone else run into this? Found out why or know what I can do to get it working?

Ive been lyin low in the weeds reading through this forum for sometime now and its been quite helpfull, but havent seen anyone with this problem. Hoping for some help.

Thank you!
  10. ernest_feist@msn.com

ernest_feist@msn.com New Member

That did it. But the update kept failing leaving the phone stuck in bootloader mode. Fixed it by running the software update program from a different computer. Thanks for you help.
  11. ernest_feist@msn.com

See my earlier question and the answer i got.
  12. farukavdiu

farukavdiu New Member

Help

where can we get that UNOFICIAL that you got weeks ago and when we update with that UNOFFICIAL,will it lock`s our phones
    bye and thanks
  13. nueros

nueros New Member

nice

I will give this a shot here later this afternoon. Thank you for the response!
  14. Falconone

Falconone New Member

Is there a way to change the panel icons, I uninstalled feather weather and now the icon in the top left of the clock panel is a red x in a circle.
  15. ernest_feist@msn.com

16. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

Updating your Motorola phone

1.01 Updating your phone via Motorola Update.
    From time to time Motorola provides links to download updates to variuos phones.
    These updates may be generic, but frequently are provider-specific.
    Provider-specific updates may or may not be locked to the a particular provider.
    The "Motorola update" file which is downloaded, runs the application which in turn downloads the appropriate file for the update. (Hence the need to remain connected to the 'net.) The process is automated.

Alternately, it is possible to "manually" re-program the phone using an application already installed on a PC (like RSD Lite) and a "flash file" which has been previously downloaded. This process enables selective re-programming using files which may or may not be locked, and may or may not work on your phone.
    (It's fun, but it's not without risk.)
  17. compman72

compman72 New Member

Well,
    I am not able to update via the motorola site. It tells me that I have the latest software. I called Motorola and no help there...
  18. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

from your phone go to start > settings > connections > USB to PC, is the "enable advanced network functionality" box checked?
  19. ernest_feist@msn.com

See my earlier question and the answer i got.
  20. farukavdiu

farukavdiu New Member

6.1 little better than 6.0

I just upgrade my q9h and it works perfectly,and thanks to Mexiken help.

i`m using xp pro sp2(it`s not genuine)
    my q9h is at&t,i dont live in usa,so when i got it it was locket to at&t and i unlock here in my country,
    i download 6.1 ROM from motomodding.com,i download UNLOCKED version,it has about 70 mb
    IT DOESN`T LOCK MY PHONE

things u must use for xP pro sp2:
    1 active sync 4.5
    2 RSD Lite 4.1 (found here no viruses: http://rapidshare.com/files/56321778/RSDLite_4.1.zip )
    3.drivers x32 found in motomodding
    4 your phone
    Mexiken help me through TEAMVIEWER software

1 plugged my phone and it is connected through Active sync

2 start RSD Lite 4.1
    3 click browse in rsd lite (it`s something like this .....)
    4 found my 6.1 ROM
    5 click on it and it appears on the right side of the RSD lite
    6.than hit START and wait wait wait

your screen will become black and has white fonts telling processes,in background was AT&T LOGO

than screen turns blue with red fonts telling please wait,it`s a reebot process

after that you will have installed 6.1 on your phone

so remember DONT DO NOTHING AFTER YOU HIT START,if you are affraid ask for Mexiken help through teamviewer.

THANKS MEXIKEN FOR YOUR HELP