Official Windows Mobile 6.1 Update Discussion Topic

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by chris, Aug 15, 2008.

1. QUser.619

QUser.619 New Member

Anyone else have MMS completely disappear? I tried sending a picture from the camera & text is greyed out & only my email accounts are listed. I did both a restore from SPB backup & then completely reset the phone by using the E Z power up, master reset. Both times it is simply missing. Called ATT technical support & they have no cluew so far. IF they do provide a solution, I will post it here.
  2. Icer Mize

Icer Mize New Member

Appointments 2 day limit & Internet Explorer

The APPOINTMENTS panel only shows appointments for today and tomorrow. This does not make me happy.

Any fixes or suggestions other than "don't make any appointments more than two days in advance"

Also, I noticed that Internet Explorer has a Zoom out feature. Much better than the previous version.

Thanks for any help

Icer
  3. QUser.619

QUser.619 New Member

Duh,

I just figured it out. There is multimedia send, you can no longer just click send from within the camera, you must specify multimedia message, since MMS is now a part of messages & not listed as a singular option.
  4. George Knighton

George Knighton New Member

Try not to fret. This is how the Internet works. Everybody wants everything done instantly, and without any research or effort on their parts.

You have to proceed knowing you're doing the right thing, regardless.
  5. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

@Mize,
    I've been looking for an appointment fix for the sliding panels since Sprint released 6.1, no luck yet. so far the only way would still be to use facade and not use sliding panels
  6. Xebec

Xebec Member

The one you released is UNOFFICIAL. While the SBF firmware file may an exact match, it isn't bundled the way AT&T and Motorola wanted it bundled and yours is a bit more difficult for less experienced users to install. You're not an AT&T or Motorola employee and the file you released is UNOFFICIAL. It isn't the official way they wanted the phone to be updated and if someone using your update has difficulties installing it, AT&T will not help them. That makes it unofficial. Your ego is way out of control.

7. compman72

compman72 New Member

Documents to Go

I have not updated yet but I am wondering IF the "Documents To Go" application will be provided with the new 6.1 update from Motorola. The software was preloaded when I bought the phone from ATT.
  8. Silent Assassin

Silent Assassin New Member

That threw me for a loop also.

I finally got around to downloading 6.1 last night. I called myself backing up things with Sprite Backup, but that proved useless. Luckily I synch my contacts via a web exchange server (Mail2Web), and most of everything I use is on my storage card.

I've been playing with 6.1 for a few hours now. There are a few small quirks, but it feels faster so far. I'm in the process of reloading programs. I'll keep you guys posted.
  9. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

10. Silent Assassin

Still there!!

Much faster also.
  11. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

People always say "much faster" after an update. It is rarely ever any code improvements by the update. It's usually just because you have no garbage.
  12. Silent Assassin

LOL @ you guys arguing the merits of OFFICIAL and UNOFFICIAL... HAHAHAHA

I'd like to thank Mexiken for his services in bringing 6.1 to the masses, and for al the assistance he has given to those who needed help during the install, and for even covering the questions that came with it.. Official/UnOfficial - who cares, he provided a ROM that worked, and is the EXACT SAME ROM being released by the Service Providers and maker of the phone. *shrug*

I'm the kind of person who likes to draw between the lines on some things, so I didn't touch the ROM Mexiken put out there, but I stayed closely glued to the threads reading all the goods and bads of it, waiting with baited breath on the release from Motorola. Not because I didn't trust it, but because if I brick my phone, I'd certainly want AT&T or Motorola to replace it..

Again, MUCH THANKS to Mexiken for his pre-release, and a big thanks to all the "testers" of that release. It is due to his hard work and their testing that many of us are able to hit the ground running with this update.

Thanks guys and let's try to stick to message here. Let's talk about the goods and bads of 6.1, and not about who did what FIRST.
  13. Silent Assassin

Hey, I won't argue with you about that.

You, my friend, are correct. :foot:

If more ppl could just do this on the site, the threads wouldn't be so congested with back and forth bickering. LOL
  14. Icer Mize

Icer Mize New Member

15. zelendel

zelendel Member

I agree with Silent. Mexiken did what he thought was best and it brought 6.1 to us. I dont really think that at&t would have let it go if it was not already out there for us to get without them. A BIG thanx to Mex, Verms and everyone at MMUK for all their hard work!
  16. Icer Mize

Icer Mize New Member

Thanks for the info. regarding your efforts. I will continue to pursue a fix as well.

Icer
  17. JeffPom

JeffPom New Member

Whether your point is valid or not - this was uncalled for and I'm truly sorry you feel that way.

I believe, after everything I've seen on the 6.1 threads - the only thing that would make Mexiken's release "unofficial" is that it was not released in the "official" manner. Other than some bundling - like the RSD part he spoke about.

Now - as to 6.1... and upgrading....

I spent hours last night preparing and upgrading my phone (tip - don't start at 2 in the morning!)

I downloaded Dashwire (LOVE IT) and synced. I downloaded Jeyo companion and synced. I saved files from my activesync to my computer. I downloaded the upgrade and updated.

Now - I'm using Dashwire to resync.

Jeyo did not save a thing (even though I SWEAR I created a folder, named the files and clicked "Save") - Can anyone help and let me know if I'm doing something wrong???

I also used ActiveSync and moved my cabs and files back to the phone - but don't see my cabs in the start menu. Can anyone help? Please??? I have my pictures, etc..... but no cabs?

I also lost some contact info, since I don't use Outlook and no one did a complete sync of all categories. Luckily - I'm only talking about like 2 birthdays or something - so I'm not overly concerned....

Biggest things? I want my cabs back so I can reload some programs. I want my texts back - I'm hoping Dashwire will do that, but I'm leery since Im moving from one kind of texting to another...
  18. Xebec

Xebec Member

You know what, it was called for. The truth is file provided by him is NOT the official update from AT&T. The firmware is identicaly, but the udpate file and method is NOT. It is not fair to unsuspecting people on the forums that he claims it is the offical update and gets mad at people when they say it isn't. The truth is, that if you run into difficulties updating your phone with the files he references AT&T is NOT going to help you. They will ask you where you got the files and what file name are you running. If you say you're running RSDLite to update your phone, they're going to flat out tell you that is not the official update. If you brick your phone using the files that he provided, it is quite possible AT&T is going to say, sorry, that wasn't the official update. The update he provides is NOT the official update. The firmware file may be what is in the official update from AT&T, but the update file and method are not official. Claiming that it is, is irresponsible, and getting upset when people say it isn't official shows how much his ego is out of control.

Hey, I'm not saying the firmware file isn't the same one. I installed it and had no problems. I even passed the info on to WMExperts and told them that I was only the messenger and that mexiken desevered all the credit. I'm just saying it isn't the official method to update your phone. What happens when someone bricks their phone with his update and calls AT&T? "But...but...but mexiken said it was official". I have no problem with someone saying it is the same firmware that is in the offical update. I do have a problem when someone says it is the official update; and so will AT&T.
  19. JeffPom

JeffPom New Member

and he never made any claims as such. In fact, on both here and on the forums he was nice enough to provide us to (which then got linked on the bigboys blogs....

he said "this is the official update (meaning AT&Ts file) but made it clear that if there was a problem - it probably would not be supported.

Xebec - please take this somewhere else and let us discuss 6.1 so we can get questions answered..

I have some very valid questions I need help with and would like to see answers, not this stuff.
  20. packers17-0

packers17-0 New Member

Hey Mexiken (or anyone else who may have the answers), I've got a couple of questions for you...

1) Have you had any troubles re-installing Garmin XT after the 6.1 update. I remember we had both talked about installing XT in a previous thread and wanted to see how the re-install went for this app.

2) The unlocked file you posted in MMUK, is it unbranded also?? I called ATT today and they gave me my lock code, so unlocking it isnt much of a prob, but if that file is unbranded that'd be WAY better!

3) Is there any compatibility issues between 6.1 and other apps such as facade, guitar hero, resco, etc.?

Thanks!!