Official Windows Mobile 6.1 Update Discussion Topic

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by chris, Aug 15, 2008.

1. RichS

RichS Member

I'm trying to find this setting (allow advanced network functionality) on my Q9H......can you tell me exactly where it is?
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

go to start > settings > connections > USB to PC.
  3. RichS

RichS Member

I don't have that one listed, here's what I have:

1. Wireless Manager
    2. Dial-up
    3. GPRS
    4. Proxy
    5. UBS Device Type

I looked in UBS Device Type and there is no way to choose ?allow advanced network functionality

I know I'm going to feel real dumb once you tell me what I'm missing :)
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Our Q9h doesn't have that option. "Allow advanced network functionality" is a fix for syncing problems with other Q's. I believe you just have to make sure you have "ActiveSync Rndis" selected under USB Device type. This is what's needed for active sync to work properly.
  5. RichS

RichS Member

I just figured it out, besides you being right, I had to change the USB Device Type from ActiveSync Serial to ActiveSync Rndis in order for the Moto Software Update App to see my Q. Thanks all.
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

googles map
  7. t1328

t1328 New Member

I wonder if any of the issues that we noted with WM 6.1 have been fixed? My bluetooth issues with BT call quality caused me to flash the 6.0 rom back to my phone. I don't mind upgrading again, but if I have the same issues, I'll have to revert back again... If anyone who had issues with the unofficial version installs the official version, please could you check if your issues are still there?

Thanks a lot
    T1328
  8. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Sure thing :smile:
  9. GraemeCR

GraemeCR New Member

As a reminder, this "Official" update will lock your phone to AT&T service.

Another reminder: there is an unlocked version of this flash file at MMUK.... see the earlier threads.
  10. stevefo

stevefo New Member

It says I have the latest version. I want to install the so called official version due to bluetooth problems. How can I do this?
  11. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Are you trying to update through your phone? Try going to the link via PC and use the installer that Moto provides.
  12. stevefo

stevefo New Member

I already have the 6.1 that Mexiken provided and understand that it's the same. I have some bluetooth problems and wanted to install the the 6.1 that was released today. I tried the Moto installer and it says I have the latest version. How can I re-install 6.1 through Moto?
  13. cyberillusion

cyberillusion New Member

you would have to downgrade back to 6.0 in order to again upgrade back to the motorola offered 6.1
  14. stevefo

stevefo New Member

Where can I get the at&t 6.0?
  15. cyberillusion

cyberillusion New Member

<p>
    </p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>at the MMUK download page where the 6.1 download is offered. i can not remember the exact file name.</p>

...and my login info isn't workin again over there for some reason...
  16. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

Sorry for the late response but I could have told you the two files were the same.

What you were comparing before was the .sbf filename to the .zip filename.

The filename of the actual file that was zipped was the identical filename, size, and timestamp of the official motorola .sbf file.

The timestamp is the most important information because if they had put in any last minute changes that would have changed (at least).
  17. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Yeah I figured that out after, but didn't bother to post. Wouldn't really make much of a difference anyway.

People want to downgrade then upgrade to the identical file again anyway, so obviously they're not reading....
  18. braj

braj New Member

New Q owner, on day 2 now, and My Q Global from AT&T won't properly sunc with Activesync, it will be seen and set up, but nothing transfers. It won't be seen however unless I set USB Type to ActiveSync Serial. If I use the default ActiveSync Rndis, it won't be seen by ActiveSync. Either way, the MOto Software Update app always says 'phone is not connected'. Can someone help? I want some of the 6.1 love too.
  19. RichS

RichS Member

I'm in the same boat, ActiveSync only works in Serial Mode and the Moto Updater only works in Rndis mode. Can I do the update in Rndis mode even though Active Synch does not connect in this mode?
  20. marmarinou

marmarinou New Member

Motorola has a "guidelines and instructions" PDF document that discusses how to set up ActiveSync and USB settings for the update. The link to the document is just under "STEP 1 of 2" at the following URL:

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomot...=MOTO Q9h Global&strCable=Mini USB Data Cable