Official Verizon Motorola Q 9c Windows Mobile 6.1 Update Discussion

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by chris, Sep 19, 2008.

1. rapmasterj729

rapmasterj729 New Member

So Im trying to update my Verizon Q9c to WM 6.1 but the moto software update program is just a white box. It has a File menu which only says "exit" and a help menu.Once I connect my phone nothing happens. Is anyone else having this same problem? I already updated the USB drivers.
  2. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

YUP !!! Lots of folks. Try the Tutorial below, you'll do fine. Good luck !!! :laugh2:
  3. moto_ftth

moto_ftth New Member

Did RSD Lite detect that your USB drivers are out-of date? If so, did you install the new drivers? My install only worked after I installed driver version 3.7 - it didn't work with 3.5.
  4. xerocalibur

xerocalibur New Member

Sorry to bump this from the stone ages, but no matter what I do I cannot get the darned thing to go.

ActiveSync will only recognize my phone when "Enhanced network blah blah" is UNchecked in connections on the Q9C. If I check that box, Windows recognizes it, but ActiveSync cannot connect to it or anything.

Motorola Software Update will NEVER see my phone, regardless of the USB connection setting above.

RSDLite NEVER shows my phone either.

What gives? Phone has been master reset, so I know it should be fine...

I am about to throw the phone, or cry. It's that frustrating.
  5. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

have you tried different USB ports? the enhanced network functionality needs to be checked for Motorola Software update to work. Installing RSD lite fixes most of the other problems.
    Are you using the USB cable that came with your Q?
  6. xerocalibur

xerocalibur New Member

Yes, using usb cable which came with the phone; it's plugged directly into the computer, no hubs. It won't recognize with the enhanced functionality thing checked or unchecked, either way. RSD Lite has been installed, and doesn't seem to help ANYTHING.

EDIT::: Also, when "ehanced blahblah" is CHECKED, ActiveSync cannot connect to my phone. It can only connect when it is UNchecked.
  7. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I understand that on your PC it AS will only work if it is unchecked, but Motorola Software Update will not work unless it is checked. Try using a different USB port on the PC
  8. xerocalibur

xerocalibur New Member

Gonna try it on my Vista laptop. I have heard bad things about upgrading on Vista, but who knows...
  9. xerocalibur

xerocalibur New Member

Um, tried that, dude. I've tried every single variation on the theme. Nothing works. I'll let you know if my Vista laptop fairs any better...
  10. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I upgraded on Vista and it worked fine the first time.
  11. xerocalibur

xerocalibur New Member

Alright guys, no idea what the heck is wrong with my desktop PC, but Vista so far has had no issues. It's flashing at the moment, so hopefully all is well which ends well. :) Soooo frustrating though; I wonder why my desktop XP system is wonky?

EDIT::: SUCCESS!!! ZOMG!!! :D
  12. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

dunno, seems strange to me. In the past people have had more problems with updating Via Vista than with XP. Glad it's working for you though