Official Q9M Hack Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by pyrobling, Sep 25, 2007.

1. macadeezy

macadeezy New Member

I just left the VZW store and they were not able to add vznav on my phone. Even though I showed them that the app ran on my phone and you could pull up maps. Called *611 and was told its not available on my phone. I think it might be something in their system not allowing them to add the feature because its technically only available for the q9c.
  2. ustewjt

ustewjt New Member

I am using PHM Registry Editor on a recently upgraded 9QM (now 9QC). I am looking in the registry and this value is already *none* but it is still giving me that annoying start up sound. How else can I elliminate it?
  3. jjfan71

jjfan71 New Member

hey scott, do you remember how to put the carrier logo thingy, you know the number thingy that gives you the letters like if you have to dial 1-800-flowers or something. just updated to 6.1, everything went flawlessly. put all my apps back but the only one i dont remember how to do is that one. any help would be appreciated scott. thanks, have a great night, sorry for the wishy washee description but i didnt know how else to describe it :wink:
  4. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

I have .cab's of both the blue and black Dial Pad "Hacks" in the attached zip. Simply unzip, copy which ever cab file you wish to use over to your device, and launch from the device.

John

Attached Files:

5. jjfan71

jjfan71 New Member

just installed it, thanks again for the cab john :2cool:
  6. ScottCP

ScottCP New Member

On all the edits it says "Access is Denied"
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

8. ScottCP

ScottCP New Member

9. n99hockey

why?
    there is no need to put the lock back on
  10. ScottCP

ScottCP New Member

Does it void a warranty? Also how do I make backups on registry?
  11. n99hockey

no youll be fine
    you can always master reset and it takes it back to factory settings and erases all hacks that were made

look in to spritebackup
    www.spritesoftware.com
  12. ScottCP

ScottCP New Member

By pressing E and Z right?
  13. n99hockey

depends on the phone you have but yes that is one way
  14. bmar29

bmar29 Member

well since this is a Q9m thread you probably have a Q9m? master reset by holding the center button during boot
  15. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Just some info..didn't read anyone else having this situation.
    I did the above hack, it ended up disabling my camera button....SO i restored it by typing the .wav file name back in. Now my camera button works again and i dont have the shutter sound....sorta weird, but in the end i got what i wanted :)
  16. ptsergent

ptsergent New Member

<p>
    </p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>in this same registery does anyone know what animate means it has a value of 0 ?</p>
  17. ptsergent

ptsergent New Member

changed it for the heck of it it seams to make the way things open look different like set at 1 it lloks like app is opening from middle of screen kinda neat lookin to me lol
  18. Bongolouie

Bongolouie New Member

Hello Im a Rookie just joined today, but Ive been trying to get GPS apps to work on my q 9c. I did some research on the Motodev website and this is what I found :

Can I use the Microsoft GPS APIs with the Motorola Q device?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]INTRODUCTION: The Global Positioning System (GPS) is the only fully functional Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS). This utilizes a constellation of at least 24 Medium Earth Orbit satellites that transmit precise microwave signals.The system enables a GPS receiver to determine its location, speed, direction, and time.
    [​IMG]RESOLUTION:Currently Motorola Smartphones MOTO Q 9h and MOTO Q 9c are equipped with a GPS receiver.
    You can use Microsoft GPS APIs if the following registry key values are present:
    For the MOTO Q 9c :
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver]
    "IsEnabled"=dword:00000001.
    For the MOTO Q 9h:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\LCAService
    [​IMG]CONCLUSION:All Motorola Q family phones includes the intermediate driver regardless of the GPS chip existence. To use Microsoft's GPS APIs, please ensure the above registry keys and values are present on your phone.

I have tried to edit my registry using an editor, but unfortunately I keep getting an access denied error. How can I get rid of that so that I can edit my registry?

Thanks

Just in case here is the link where I found this info:

https://support.developer.motorola....oX3RleHQ9dW5sb2NraW5n&p_search_text=unlocking
  19. san_casteabro

san_casteabro New Member

Help with Camera Sound!! I don't want it.

Hi everybody, can anybody help me with this issue i have, i tried the steps before, but cant modify registry. Installed Resco and PHM, When trying to edit the sound file value, i edit it then accept changes then it returns to last value, doesnt save modified value.

someone help me. I only make work the value when press send button to call a contact. thanks for the hacks.:2cool:
  20. albert_horta

albert_horta New Member

i did this but now i would like to reverse this..
    what is the original Value Data for "Application" and "Class name"?
    thank you very much..noob