Official Q9C Hack Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by BIGD, Nov 26, 2007.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

its a cab file
    you will note by reading many a threads here that you do not remove any contents of a cab file
    these are the install files

move this file to the Q and click on the file in the Q's file manager
    this will install the cab file
  2. adma

adma New Member

well, its not just a cab...you can do the no SMS hack cab or do the mehod that big D recommended above...I don't like putting unnecessary crap on my phone, so the reg hack was the best!
  3. n99hockey

well if you read my post and you read who i quoted in my post you will notice that that member attempted to use the cab file since all he found was 'an xml document' which means he/she more than likely unzip a cab file

which is why i told this person how to use a cab file
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

*plz*

stop the chatter...
  5. omega5

omega5 New Member

Could someone direct me to the power saving hack? I know i saw it somewhere. I'm just not sure if it was here or ppc geeks.
    With all of these speed hacks, I'm thinking it may take a toll on the battery.

Big D, maybe you can give me some assistance?
  6. danwo

danwo New Member

Candlelight, it's on RB apps page.
  7. n99hockey

we (the moderators) have been
    this thread is for HACKS not to ask if there is an AOL messanger for the Q

please search the software section for Instant Messanger programs

thanks
  8. BIGD

BIGD New Member

Save Email and Attachments to Storage Card

01.Using the file manager in activesync, create the following folders on your Storage Card.
    \MAPI

\MAPI\ATTACHMENTS
    You can actually name them whatever you want, "Inbox" for example.
    02.Now browse to \Windows\Messaging (SmartPhone) or \Windows\MAPI (PocketPC)
    If you want to save all of your existing mail, move everything in this directory to the new ones on your Storage Card.

03.Now fire up your registry editor and navigate to the following.
    For WM5 Phones: [ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MAPI ]
    For WM6 Phones: [ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\Settings ]

Then create the following STRING VALUES.
    Name: AttachPath

String: \Storage Card\MAPI\Attachments

Name: PropertyPath

String: \Storage Card\MAPI
    04.Reboot your phone and then goto your inbox.
  9. BIGD

BIGD New Member

IE History

HKLM_C_U\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\DaysToKeep
    This is your internet history(default is 30)

HKLM_C_U\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\HistoryBackListLen
    This is the list it populates from all the websites you have been to when you type in the address bar(default is 100) set to 0 to not have it keep anything
  10. malatesta

malatesta New Member

Enable aGPS assistance servers

From StarmanDX at SU

*Note: the setting stick but are reset if you go back into the menu, so you just to trust that when you enter them and exit, they save to the system ;-)

*Note #2:
    MSL = Master Subsidy Lock = definition (<--link). You need to call Sprint to get if you did not write it down when you activated the phone. Good luck.
  11. ranchosteve

ranchosteve New Member

These are the hacks I have done without any problems so far, Knock on wood.

No Camera Click Sound
    Disable Sent Text Message notifications
    Limit the Cache Size For IE
    Making the scrollbars smaller (Vert. and Horz.)
    Use QuickApp key for something else!
    Change Video Camera Quality -- not sure if it works.
    Turn off Shutter Sound for Camera
    Change IE homepage in WM6

12. BIGD

BIGD New Member

look at my apps page , you will find everithing u need. and please before u ask questions search the forum.
  13. se4587

se4587 New Member

GPS Hacks

I'm going to list the GPS settings I changed and/or added in the registry to allow applications to use the internal GPS on COM1 (in my case). BTW, I have a Q9c on Sprint; I have no idea if these work on a Verizon Q9c or other variants of the Q9 (Q9m, Q9h, etc). I had COM4 working at one point, but was messing around w/settings still and couldn't get it to work again. I read on one page that using COM 5/6 caused the battery to drain twice as fast, so I avoided those.

I'm not exactly sure which ones, or if all have to be changed to get this hack to work, but changing them all hasn't had any adverse effects to my knowledge. This information is a bunch of info I've gathered from many different sites RE: the intermediate GPS driver, WM6, and Smartphones in general.

A lot of GPS programs I downloaded would not recognize the internal GPS (hardware is probably too new), so this will fix it for some, but not all programs. If it works, then great, if not, oh well, we tried.

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\]
    String name="DriverInterface"
    String value="COM1:"

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\ActiveDevice\]
    String name="DriverInterface"
    String value="COM1:"
    DWord name="Index"
    DWord value="1"
    String name="Prefix"
    String value="COM"
    (if you change the COM port #, I think you have to change the index to match: ie, com3 and index 3)

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\GenericGPSDriver\]
    String name="CommPort"
    String value="GDD0:"
    (I believe this is the internal GPS port; I think this is the default setting...just making sure that it still is. you can check to make sure the internal GPS/intermediate GPS driver are working by using WLS or GMM and selecting intermediate driver and seeing if you can get a fix)

Use GMM or WLS and try COM1 in the settings to see if you can still get GPS signal and location...

These programs I was able to get to see GPS on COM1:
    Google Mobile Maps (2.0.0.11)
    Windows Live Search (2.5.2859.37360)
    gpsVP (0.3.7)
    trackr! (0.9.10)
    Sprint Navigation (1.0.13)(prolly uses intermediate GPS driver; worked before these edits and there are no settings in the program for GPS port...)

These programs I was NOT able to get to see GPS on COM1:
    Efficasoft GPS Utilities (v2.0)
    Nav4All (8.0.62)
    Reperion (SF1.50)
    Virtual Earth Mobile (1.71)

Let me know if anyone has any problems, can't get it to work; maybe I forgot some settings??? I have been messing w/the registry settings for a long time, so maybe I forgot one, it would just take too long to type all of them in right now :)

Good luck!
  14. ranchosteve

ranchosteve New Member

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\Content]
    "CacheLimit"=dword:00001536HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\Content]
    "CacheLimit"=dword:00001536
  15. BIGD

BIGD New Member

Read the firs post on this thread . Unlock ur phone . get the unlock app from my page
  16. BIGD

BIGD New Member

put that on ur phones sd card and execute .
  17. BryanT

BryanT New Member

Thanks. Meantime, I entered the two new IP numbers in the phone from a previous post I saw. Does this executable do anything else?

18. BIGD

BIGD New Member

no , that app just changes the dns servers
  19. BIGD

BIGD New Member

its cuz after reboot it went back to original settings . start a new thread if you have questions about this. Lets keep this thread for known hacks and suggestions . the numbers usually dont stick thats why u gotta run that app before connecting to internet.
  20. BryanT

BryanT New Member

No, you misunderstood my question. That's not the case. The new IP numbers actually held on a reboot on my phone. After researching, I believe the new IP numbers are the open DNS figures to use on the Q9. I'm getting consistent 500 k/bit speed at this point.