Official Q9C Hack Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by BIGD, Nov 26, 2007.

1. BIGD

BIGD New Member

Mine stays on the current page , but thats fuuny that urs doesn't
  2. BIGD

BIGD New Member

don't tell me that u kill tasks :)) cuz if u do thats why it goes back to homepage
  3. BIGD

BIGD New Member

from time to time u wanna do that so it wont affect performance of ur Q
  4. remlle

remlle New Member

anyone using a threaded SMS yet? I need that and I would like an app like I have currently on my 700wx that allows me to dial a persons number from the main screen using thier name.
  5. adma

adma New Member

Umm, are you talking about the Q9C? Because you can just start typing on the home screen and it will just pull up contacts...
  6. adma

adma New Member

Ive actually been very impressed with the performance of my Q; especially as compared with my Mogul. I don't nearly 'kill tasks' as often as I had to on the Mogul...
  7. BIGD

BIGD New Member

Dont worry , there is nothing wrong with those hacks and the speed does make difference .
  8. BIGD

BIGD New Member

they r much faster . u might wanna check them on DSLREPORTS.COM/MSPEED try with both of them
  9. Breeze Loo

Breeze Loo New Member

that's where i tested. i think most of my data usage is coming from downloading those 1MB files :tounge:

i hit ~1000kbps pretty consistently with either set of servers. i've tested in the southern california area (alhambra, pasadena, culver city)
  10. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

open up extreme text and go to options and the last one says 'system default' check that box
    reboot the Q and your all set
  11. remlle

remlle New Member

Tried that I Dont see system defualt. all I See is system shortcut to xt. and Ive got that checked and its not working.
  12. n99hockey

sorry yea thats what you want checked
    did you reboot after you checked the box?
  13. n99hockey

and nothing happens?
    you dont get a screen that says 'outlook' and under that 'extreme text'?
  14. n99hockey

im not sure what to say...

did you upgrade to v1.02? it just came out today (free upgrade)
    maybe that will work....
  15. remlle

remlle New Member

tried upgradeing. no work. tried unchecking reboot then rechecking reboot. and nothing still goes to the default one wm6. its a sprint q9c
  16. n99hockey

interesting...
    well i know that Brian (birdsoft) will be having a new update out in january...a big update with alot of fixes and i know that this is one of the items on that list...

i happen to be one of his beta testers for this along with rudeboy and sulster...ill be sure to post your problem in his forum for the future update

sorry its not working for you right now...
    does the rest of the program work?
  17. BrianFX

BrianFX New Member

18. BIGD

BIGD New Member

download tcpmp player and u will be able to watch them
  19. BIGD

BIGD New Member

u can find that app on my page. its called mobile registry editor
  20. adma

adma New Member

Application failed to initialize properly. Click ok to terminate application. I should clarify that I am executing this in windows. Should this be from the device? ( i thought it would install through acivesync or something)