Official Q9C Hack Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by BIGD, Nov 26, 2007.

1. wannahack

wannahack New Member

hi Rudeboy.. Thanks for the quick reply.. yes i tried the HTCUnlock utility.. I ran the app from my phone, but it said operation failed on some of the movements. In the end, it did say done.

When I try to edit with CeRegistryEditor, it tells me "Access is Denied" any ideas as to what's going on??
  2. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Just a note on how "dangerous" hacks are.

I previously did the bluetooth hack on page 14, but I changed phones so had to redo it. I don't remember if I made the changes with CeRegEditor, my favorite, or on the phone with Total Commander.
    At work while streaming through my earpiece it would cut out with each bass hit. Changing the LineSpeed to 256 fixed that. When I got home and tried to play through my computer during my workout I got no sound. The phone would even lock up requiring a battery pull while trying to play some songs in the playlist while trying to connect to the PC as a stereo headset. A lot of deleting and pairing, rebooting and driver reinstalling and it still wasn't fixed.
    That's were I found out the built in Q speakers aren't terribly bad and loud enough, but I digress.
    Just now it hit me to remove the registry entries since it worked yesterday and that fixed it.

Turns out I created the settings as STRINGS not Dwords.
    Created the right way everything works the way it should.
  3. wannahack

wannahack New Member

hi,
    I am just trying to be able to hack my phone!! I can't even get to that point.. I took a brand new q9c and flashed the 6.1 update. THEN, i tried to unlock the phone, but still haven't had any success.. Any help on this would be appreciated!!!

Should I reset the phone or something? I'm willing to do that at this point.
  4. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I used CeRegEditor's unlock tool since I'm already using it for editing.
  5. wannahack

wannahack New Member

must be a phone thing then.. i am trying to use the same tool but:frown: all i get is "Access is Denied" when I try..
  6. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Are you "unlocking" under "Tools"?
  7. wannahack

wannahack New Member

so when i go to "Tools --> Unlock Registry" - I get the message, "Unable to load CERegTools to device!" This is weird... I'm assuming it's not typical to see this??? Maybe I should just reset the entire phone?
  8. wannahack

wannahack New Member

oh yes, and activesync is on and working.. I can copy/move files just fine.. I'm connected via USB
  9. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I forgot. There's a confirmation on the phone that needs to be accepted right at that point.
  10. wannahack

wannahack New Member

not sure what's up with my phone, but I don't even see that on the Q. CERegEdit says, "your phone's now unlocked for editing" but I see nothing on the phone itself.

Reminder: Windows Mobile 6.1

would that have anything to do with it?
  11. Zinja

Zinja New Member

i'd like to find the .cab file for RegistryEditor as I would like to install the program from my Q9. can someone post their apps page link so I can navigate to the file?
  12. j_hoff_05

j_hoff_05 New Member

anyway to relock it if ever needed?
  13. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Interesting problem with two of these hacks.

I did the IE Cache on Card Hack and Mail on Card Hack.
    I turned off the phone and removed the card to copy files from another phone, the files where transferred into a new folder.
    When placed back in my phone and turned on none of my shortcuts are working.
    I now have TWO storage cards. The first "Storage Card" contains the IE cache and mail files while "Storage Card 2" contains all my programs and file.

I'll undo these now and hope a reboot takes care of it.
  14. jasoraso

jasoraso Member

Once the phone has created the Storage Card as part of the regular filesystem, it will always load the real storage card as Storage Card 2 (I know because I've done the same thing).

You might try plugging the phone into the computer and then browsing the device using active sync/WMDC and see if you can delete the folder Storage Card. It probably won't let you in which case you'll need to follow the steps below.

You will probably need to undo the hacks, reboot, delete the folder "storage Card", then reboot and the real card should be mounted as "storage card" - afterwhich you can redo the hacks.
  15. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

That's exactly what I did.

What's strange is that I removed and reinserted the card with the phone off.
    The phone was never on with the card removed.
  16. LoDown3

LoDown3 New Member

dunno if ur prooblem got solved...but um*EDIT*:read below...

hence why i said i'm assuming, with my ignorant ass haha. thanks.
  17. Boycan

Boycan New Member

HTCunlock works :)
  18. droogie2799

droogie2799 New Member

umm, how to get I unlock.zip? I am guessing the registry is locked out of the box? I ran a util that was supposed to create some registry entries and I get an error.
  19. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

go here
    http://mq.roeiboot.com/apps/
    install AEConfig and it will unlock your device
  20. bobjones207

bobjones207 New Member

GPS Hack?

I know there is a thread about this, but I wonder if any one here can use GPS and My Location with google maps.