Official NHL Playoffs Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by chris, Apr 7, 2007.

1. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

Yeah, i've got a bunch of Rangers in my ebay pool, so im counting on your team to win me a plasma!
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I wouldn't mind seeing a Buffalo Ottawa semi-final. There wouldn't be any shortage of offense in those games.

I missed the first two periods, but caught the third period of last night's Ranger/Sabres game. As an Isles fan, I don't feel bad about their performance. The Sabres are good. Guys who don't have the puck are continuously in motion and the puck always seems to find their sticks. The go-ahead goal was sick. You can't defend that. Rangers have a must win at the Garden tomorrow. They lose and they'll be joining the Isles on the links.
  3. FourTwenSesh

And Vancouver is on life support! Gotta love a bunch of 40 year olds trying to beat a bunch of 25 year olds.
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

so i guess a goalie winning 47 or 48 games in a season really means nothing durning playoff time!
    its quite upsetting :frown:
  5. chris

It's the reason the Rangers are tied 2-2. With Lundquist, that series would be close to over. As much as I despise the Rags, he's be very good. For the record, that was a goal the other night. Against the Isles, you can "assume" it was in...versus the Rangers, no goal. Amazing. The NHL has do something about the reviews. The rules are too flexible when it comes to review. With football, you can usually rule catch/no-catch from your living room, but not so with goal/no goal. If that's the case, what's the sense of replay.

I know you're rooting for a comeback, but I'd love to see Ottawa vs Buffalo. Damn, that'll be good hockey.

-Chris
  6. n99hockey

i didnt get to see that goal (such a shame) but i read about it....
    of course im rooting for a come back but they may win saturday at home but they wont win the series...sadly..
    buffalo vs ottawa would be an amazing series....
  7. chris

The game last night was incredible. 7 seconds... wow. Drury is Mr.Clutch. Goals do not get any bigger than that one. Credit where credit is due, the Rangers have really played them tough. Looking forward to Sunday's game in HD. :tounge: It's time the Rangers to hit the links.
  8. n99hockey

its a sad sad day now the devils are out and have played there last game at the continental airlines arena... :frown:
    i look forward to the ranjerks getting eliminated and next season in our new building!!
    GO SABRES!!!!
  9. chris

You saw a number of Cups at the CAA, but that place is a bore. Haven't seen anything on the new arena, but I'm guessing it's pretty awesome. I've seen a few NETS games at the CAA, but never caught a Devils game. If the new arena is nice, I'd take a trip next year to see Isles/Devs.

-Chris
  10. chris

.........and I cannot wait for the Rag$ elimination.:tounge: Sabres vs Sens... nice!

Q: Did these two teams have a big brawl during the season? I thought I remembered seeing the Sabres get into a brawl...goaltenders involved and all. If true, I'm sure they'll include that when previewing the series.

Don't want to get ahead of myself. Still work for the Sabres to do.
  11. n99hockey

i agree....the place is really old and poorly done...this new building is going to be so great...plus the added luxury of MASS TRANSPORTATION as it it 1 block from newark penn station!
    http://www.newjerseydevils.com/njd/prucenter/
    take a look at the new building...its going to have the worlds largest LCD TV on the outside of the building broadcasting the game....sweeeeeeet
  12. n99hockey

yea actually i think are right...i remember ray emery calling out miller....gonna be one hell of a series!!
  13. chris

That's nice! I was looking at the PDF and was wondering if that was a huge banner, than read the rest of your post. They'll have the largest LCD for a few months until the Cowboys build their HD scoreboard.

Nice that it was Emery vs Miller. Bad blood. Lots of talent. Trip to the finals on the line. It doesn't get better (unless it was my team). Just checked NHL.com and no word on the schedule yet. I'm guessing late in the week with the West still undecided.

-Chris
  14. n99hockey

15. evilmrt

evilmrt New Member

GO WINGS!!!! The Sharks are going home for good tonight :laugh2:

By the way, does anyone watch the playoffs on their Q? I tried loading the CBC Online stream (yes you can access the direct link in the USA, just not the page), but my EVDO reception (alltel roam) is horrible...so it was more like a slide show :p
  16. FourTwenSesh

Sometimes CBC streaming sucks, even in Canada it looks like a slideshow sometimes.
  17. BoodaLuvr

BoodaLuvr New Member

Anyone still watching? Looks like Ottawa and Anaheim. Game 1 Monday.
  18. chris

Haven't watched much of the west coast series, but checked in at the end of the game last night. Detroit had a few chances to tie. I'll definitely watch the Cup series starting Monday. No real rooting interest, but would probably opt for Ottawa (eastern conference, few Isles draftpicks). Something about Pronger annoys me, that I cannot root for the Ducks.

-Chris
  19. n99hockey

i agree...ill have to go with ottawa...not a fan of the ducks especially since they took neidermeyer away from my devils!!
  20. chris

When they removed "mighty" from their name, they lost me.:tounge: