Official Motorola Q Software Update Thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by chris, Aug 30, 2006.

1. juliej30

juliej30 New Member

Messed up Q

Yes, sounds like a bad device - you can do the master reset yourself (as many times as you want) without affecting the device. It is under System Tools.

After you do a reset make sure you do a *228 to reactivate the device.
  2. traderjack

traderjack New Member

I downloaded and installed the new software for my Q which was purchased in early August. Everything was OK except the e-mail would not work properly after resetting all. Talked with Verizon and I believe it was an issue with them. They had me do a master reset and then nothing worked. They gave me a new phone the next day and fortunately this one has the latest software. Guess i got lucky.
  3. quebert

quebert New Member

did they give you a new Q in the store? The one by me told me some crap about they don't do in store replacements of PDA phones. So if I go today I won't get a phone till at least Monday if they have to mail it out to me, sucks :(
  4. traderjack

traderjack New Member

Yes, they did it in the store. it's up to the local Verizon store manager. They said they don't normally do that. The csr on the phone told me at 10 pm that it was too late to ship out FedEx so he put a note in my file for the store. They did it, thanks to his help. I could have received one via FedEx which would have been another day.

I'm just happy that it has new new software. When i asked the tech at the store if it had the new software he did not even know. As soon as he activated and gave back to me I could tell with the 4 incons across rather than 3 that it had the new software. Thank goodness.

Sometimes you get lucky.

There are three of us with the Q now. I'm fairly happy with the phone quality although I liked how the Blackberry functioned. Just a matter of getting used to it. Some of our guys have the Treo 650's and 700's, the phone quality is very poor with these. My Blackberry was the same way, poor phone reception.

My only knock is the fast battery drain. I just ordered the extended battery with the new back cover online it was only $24.95 and free shipping. At the local Verizon store they want $59.00, crazy.
  5. HCarter

HCarter New Member

After this update I lost all of my preloaded Telus scheme and MSN Mobile.

I would really like to get all the files copied from a Canadian Telus Moto Q user.

I only did the update to get rid of the stuck carrier logo screen
    When it orignally did that i took it to Telus and there are gonna send me a new phone.

So I'm still waiting....as without the original preloaded telus features this phones GUI doesnt get along with me
  6. pyrobling

pyrobling New Member