Official Motorola Q Software Update Thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by chris, Aug 30, 2006.

1. MotoHelp

MotoHelp New Member

DUN is using the Q as a modem

Yes, you can use your Q as a modem through tethering it to you PC after you update your Q software. Find instructions at www.motoqwiki.com.
  2. shrumy

shrumy New Member

nevermind...i got it. god bless the search function.
  3. djlactose

djlactose New Member

I updated today and it does a "format" of your phone. It had some errors while I was doing it which cause me to have to restart the update from scratch but I have to say that the phone seems to be working much better then it had been. Everything is faster and seems to just work nicer. I hope it lasts though.
  4. PilotGav

PilotGav New Member

This STINKS!!!

Only for Verizon???

:thumbdown

Gavin
  5. djlactose

djlactose New Member

After installing the Update my Agile Messenager no longer works. It just attempts to sign on but never succeeds.
  6. shrumy

shrumy New Member

i was kind of having the same problem as you. i dialed *228 and did the programming option, and it seems to work now. although, who knows for how long. damn you technology!!!!
  7. loders

loders New Member

I just updated the software on my Q with no problems...just followed the directions.
  8. xifed

xifed New Member

I installed the beta release on my Q when it was origionally released, to see the features of the upcoming OS, but now when I try to upgrade to the final release, it says that I'm already at the current version. Does anyone else have this problem, if so, does anyone know how to fix it?
  9. swagner

swagner New Member

The only difference from the beta is the installer.
  10. chrisnyc

chrisnyc New Member

Don't know if this has already been covered, but is it possible to back up your contacts without using Sprite or syncing to Outlook? Is there just a file or folder that can be copied back over after doing the upgrade?
  11. scottjb

scottjb New Member

You can try copying pim.vol off to somewhere else, then copy it back when you're done. I don't know if that holds everything--perhaps someone else can confirm.
  12. jimmicka

jimmicka New Member

After messing with it for hours... I finally got the update to workkk seems kinda buggy still lthough thephone works alot btter ad s muchmore responsive and doesn't freeze.. However since copl
    eting the update my computer will not connect to the internt lol... last thing i figured to happen. It connects to my wireles router and hardwired connection also yet its acting like a 'limited or no connectivity'.... Anyone else experience this and/or know how it could be fixed? Sooner the better! Thanks

James
  13. leathernuts

leathernuts New Member

:eek:hmy: I just switched to the Treo and I love it. Good luck with the Q ladies and gents. I thought it was a cool phone overall and was waiting to see what the update was going to do before I listed it on ebay, but I guess its going on this weekend. Thanks for all the info to this site.
  14. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Huh? You're first and only post is to tell us you're leaving?:wacko:
  15. markharmon

markharmon New Member

Again...I'm confused what advantage is the upgrade? Plus I went to the Q site and followed the normal route and the upgrade didn't appear. Actually no downloads were available.
  16. leathernuts

leathernuts New Member

Geeze, I didn't even realize that. I am a part of so many different forums, i thought I had posted before- you got it right:wacko:.
  17. leathernuts

leathernuts New Member

Now I got 3- better?
  18. xifed

xifed New Member

The problem with the beta is i read somewhere it voids your warantee, so if you take it in to get serviced, they will not assist you. this is my primary concern.
  19. Qnewbbie

Qnewbbie New Member

After owning almost every imaginable pocket PC out there (Jornadas, Ipaqs, Zaurus,Casios, Dell Axim, Samsung i730) I have finally achieved fear of updating. I think I got it from my Ipaq 7400 which got much worse after upgrading (?) to WM5. I like the simplicity of the Q. albeit a little limited, yes. But works great as a phone and I want to keep it that way. If a future upgrade includes some real features such as backlight dimming control and document viewing/editing, I will definitely go for it.
  20. thehappster

thehappster New Member

Apparently Mac users are out of luck. Will Missing Sync work, or do we have to wait for Verizon, or ?...