Official Moto Q Daylight Savings Time Update Thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by evil247, Feb 22, 2007.

1. driverseven

driverseven New Member

this has been totally maddening for me.

i upgraded to ActiveSync 4.5 (taking the risk that Outlook 2000 might not sync, but fortunately it has synched). and I've run the other patches.

but the Q still won't keep the correct time. I have changed it to the correct time manually but it keeps changing the time back an hour.

I have tried the trick of changing to a different time zone and cycling on and off. But it keeps re-setting itself. AND it keeps changing the times of appointments on the Q.
  2. troutseth

troutseth Guest

To be clear . . . you applied the dst patch on the phone and reboot? The patches to your laptop will not fix the problem only change your calendar entries.
  3. bigwavedavek

bigwavedavek New Member

could you walk me thru applying the patch to the phone?

Not sure if I am not doing something re: installing to the phone. I downloaded to computer and did a synch. Do I need to drag the installed files from my computer to my phone? If so, what exactly are the files I need to bring over and where would I find them. Do I just drag them over to the Mobile folder or somewhere specific like applications? By the way, I looked for them but didn't see them. I'm a rookie at this.
    Thanks . . .
  4. troutseth

troutseth Guest

No worries, we are all rookies to the DST change.

After updating your computer, go to this URL from your phone. Follow the directions in your browser. If you only made changes on the computer, you fixed the computer and you adjusted your calendar entries but you have not yet applied a system fix to the phone

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/daylightsaving/default.mspx
  5. Von Halen

Von Halen New Member

Thank you.

I finally gave up, and just did the direct to the phone download. That worked. My computer has been updated all along, but I couldn't get the phone to update.

Now I just have to figure out how to get my upgrade to 4.5 to not designate this computer as PC 2. This is the only computer I use with my phone, and it just won't let me recognize it under the PC version. Maybe I'll just delete the whole thing, and reinstall 4.2 from my original disc.
  6. troutseth

troutseth Guest

You can delete the mobile device in AS and then reconnect.
  7. Von Halen

Von Halen New Member

I have tried that. It will still only setup my computer as PC 2.
  8. troutseth

troutseth Guest

In AS on your phone, go to Options. Then find PC2 and right soft click to get settings. You can change the name there. I called mine Laptop
  9. red_1z

red_1z New Member

so if DST updates don't show up in "remove programs" i didn't do it right?
  10. junglee444

junglee444 New Member

Check Time Zone Settings Very Closely

I was having the same problems as you guys, and I live in the central time zone. I accidentally had my time zone set to central america. It needs to be set as Central US. It updated the time immediately.

11. driverseven

driverseven New Member

troutseth -- thanks for this. it finally got the correct time on my Q. I don't know why this wasn't part of the help on the Microsoft page. Your message is the first place I saw this.

after I ran this, the Q time was correct, but I began to have a problem with ActiveSync -- it wouldn't recognize the Q. But I deleted the other profile and now everything seems to be working fine.

i can't believe what a PITA this has been but appreciate your help.
  12. troutseth

troutseth Guest

No worries. If you get lucky and do everything in order it isn't too bad, but it can be a PITA trying to figure out what you are supposed to do. After talking to some of my friends with other carriers . . . at least Verizon sent us an email and flyer that we were supposed to do something. My buddy on Cingular didn't notice his BlackJack was off time and he missed a flight this morning because his alarm was off.
  13. gollumullog

gollumullog New Member

DST not working again....

So is anyone else experiencing DST issues on their MotoQ?

Apparently they forgot to change the dates ahead to Nov.

So far the 3 people I have talked to that own one are all having the issue.

If someone has a fix, please post here.

Cheers
  14. driverseven

driverseven New Member

What problem are they experiencing now?

My Q is showing the correct time right now. I wouldn't expect to see anything different until next Sunday, when standard time returns.
  15. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

did you even DO the update!?
    as posted in this thread!?
  16. mrc_2002

mrc_2002 New Member

I also had the problem this last Sat. Now granted last spring i did the exact same thing (the update)http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...g/default.mspx
    To correct for the day light savings time, and just asumed that the fix (last spring) would cure it forever, but im guessing you have to do it everytime the time changes. But then agan i have not updated my firmware to mol3.
  17. n99hockey

i did it for the spring as well and didnt have to change anything now to make it appear right
    did you do your PC as well?
    this way it has the same time when you sync?
  18. mrc_2002

mrc_2002 New Member

Yes i did (in the spring) and about 4:00 am on sunday mornin, my Q starts ringing and has a message stating that it was rolling back the time for daylight saving.

So i came into work this mornin downloaded the patch, and just redid it, and now all is good.

Must just be a quirk on my phone, and if thats the worst that i get after 10 months of having the phone, then i feel damm lucky.
  19. n99hockey

odd to say the least
    but i agree if thats the only bad things so far i would said you are a lucky guy compared to alot of people here....
  20. gollumullog

gollumullog New Member

Yes I did the update, as did the 2 other people I mentioned in my post. We are in Canada, so I expect the Microsoft update missed this country.

Stupid American government making a useless change, stupid Canadian government for going along with it.