Official Moto Q Daylight Savings Time Update Thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by evil247, Feb 22, 2007.

1. azdps

azdps New Member

So there's a Potential of it being removed via "Clutz" or Hard Reset, and if, or I should say When it's removed, then what ?....get the LG 3200......':-(>
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i suppose you could reload it
  3. xtrobx

xtrobx New Member

Not updating

Ok I downloaded the DST Patch and nothing...my6 clock is still an hour behind..even if I go in and change the time manually as soon as i get on internet or call someone it changes back/...any suggestions
  4. driverseven

driverseven New Member

I also am stuck with the old time (one hour behind now) -- did people who installed the patch see their Q time change automatically?

This is really surpsing -- I figured that verizon was sending the time to my phone.
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i got a message on my screen when i woke up this morning saying that microsoft has updated my time an hour.
    its not verizon its how the Q was programed, it was programed before congress decided to change dst, which is why you need the patch.
  6. driverseven

driverseven New Member

The only thing that's happened by loading the patches is that I have screwed up some of the times on appointments -- for some reason, a few appointments were pushed ahead by an hour.

I'm giving up with these updates. I just changed the digit in the Settings under Clock.

There is definitely something user-unfriendly about the way Windows Mobile handles time-zone changes. Once when I went to the west coast, I changed my time zone while I was there and ended up with the wrong time on a bunch of upcoming appointments.
  7. driverseven

driverseven New Member

I can't believe it -- after I manually changed the time an hour, I re-synched with my Windows PC (which was successfully updated) and the Q changed the time back an hour. Incredible.

I suppose the problem is that I did not update Active Sync. I haven't updated it because the new version does not support Outlook 2000. So in order to have my Q display the correct time, I now need to update software that was running perfectly fine.

Yet another reminder of why people hate Microsoft.
  8. xtrobx

xtrobx New Member

Ok I went in to my clock and changed the Time Zone and everythis is fine...So I would say check your time zone setting worked for me ..Thx
  9. g35rocker

g35rocker New Member

For me it did not change the time automatically. I turned on the phone this morning and it was on the old time. Probably left it on for about 2-3 minutes and still had the old time. Sync'd it with outlook (2002) and active sync 4.5, then the time changed. My appointments are OK.
  10. PattyM

PattyM New Member

Well, I am certainly feeling stupid! Usually I'm pretty good with this stuff, but after updating my PC and laptop (both without a hitch), the time updated just fine. BUT, when I run the DST for my Q, nada...it asks me to "repair" or "delete" the DST files. If I "repair", nothing changes. I have soft reset the Q twice, and still nada. I know I'm missing something here...:embarassed:
    Patty

11. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

I installed the patch on Friday and today my time did not update. I figured hard reset and install everything again just to be sure, and nothing again except it messed up the calendar appts I did via my Q. So I just manually updated the clock and next time around may just opt to do it myself.
  12. gmardre

gmardre New Member

Did the patches last week. NP> Today when I booted the Q up, it had the wrong hour. Rebooted...and voila! the correct time.
  13. PattyM

PattyM New Member

Re-booted your Q or PC?

14. gmardre

gmardre New Member

Rebooted the phone. When it booted up the second time today...after unplugging it from the charger...the second time the time was correct.
  15. azdps

azdps New Member

Update

I found out via Local News and VZW Data Support, that the change does'nt apply to AZ. and the upgrade is not neccessary on my Q. So I removed it.

:embarassed: O.K.; Atleast pretend to care...Please ? :laugh2:
  16. Rider

Rider New Member

I did the patch from verizon, install was easy.

So then I rebooted my phone this afternoon because I shut it down when I take out the sd card. When it came on, it was an hour ahead. I manually changed the time back. An hour or two later, the hour was 1 ahead again. I manually changed it back again. Rebooted this evening when I was playing around with the card again... kept the correct time, that time.

Hm.... I'm still wondering why I bothered with the patch. I don't use email/outlook on my phone at all - when I'm off work, I'm OFF. :2cool:

Hope its ok tomorrow!
  17. stalls808

stalls808 New Member

ive installed the dst update 3 times now and it doesnt work

i downloaded the dst change software 3 times and still doesnt work. i followed the directions to the tee and everything. what do i do now?
  18. Daniel Paz

Daniel Paz New Member

This blows

Same here. The outlook upgrade won;t load because it says OL isn't the default mail client (WTF do they care?) I make OL the default for the purpose od the DL and still nothing. I love microsoft!!!
  19. Daniel Paz

Daniel Paz New Member

You've been living in AZ how long?
  20. bigwavedavek

bigwavedavek New Member

Problem with download of time zone update tool

I have a problem with the installation of the updates.

I was able to download and install a couple of the updates but the "Microsoft Office Outlook Tool: TIme Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft Office Outlook" (tzmove.exe) won't install. It keeps giving me an error message telling me that Microsoft Outlook is not set as my default mail program.

I use Thunderbird as my default email program but went ahead and changed the default to Outlook, need a restart, then tried to install tzmove.exe and it still continues to give me the same error message and an "operation failed" error message too.

I did not go into Outlook and actually configure my email accounts as they are in Thunderbird but I wouldn't think that would matter.

I use Outlook for my calender, notes, and tasks but prefer to use Thunderbird for my email.

Any advice would be appreciated.