Official Moto Q Daylight Savings Time Update Thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by evil247, Feb 22, 2007.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

one way to see if its installed is going to the remove program menu in the settings. you will something along the lines of microsoft dst update, if you see it then it was installed. as far as seeing if it really changed the settings...i think you might have to wait til sunday....
  2. g35rocker

g35rocker New Member

Thanks, that worked. I can see the DST update in the remove programs menu. Cool! Hopefully it will work this weekend! Thanks!
  3. bann3d

bann3d Member

Thanks evil247 for the link and the reminder. I just heard this on the news as I was reading this. I had gotten the reminder via text the other day and accidently erased and forgot about it. Nice and easy install as well. *cheers*
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

doesn't the phone get the time and date from a tower somewhere ? i never set it and it always seems like it's the correct time :}
  5. bann3d

bann3d Member

6. gmardre

gmardre New Member

7. rlcardenas

rlcardenas New Member

Anyone knows if this works with the Sprint Q?
  8. n99hockey

the microsoft update will work for the sprint Q...windowsmobile.com. also check the sprint website, perhaps they have an update link like the verizon website does.
  9. 90c4

90c4 New Member

I applied the patch and now my calendar for next week is off by an hour too. is this normal? i really wish i didn't apply the patch as now i'm nervous abot syncing with my google calendar and I really need to.
  10. SpiritOfTwoThousand

SpiritOfTwoThousand New Member

Has anyone done the Verizon update yet? Just wondered what all that involved, I am going to go read about it now and probably do the update shortly. Thanks!
  11. n99hockey

the update on the verizon website will direct you to the windows site for the update and also another link to direct you to a wireless sync update if you use that. but all wireless sync users should get an email from verizon informing them of the dst update.
  12. Rochelleg

Rochelleg New Member

Big problem! Can anyone help out?

Ok, I did all the updates.... had to update ActiveSync to 4.5. But now I realize my phone will not sync. Also I am running Outlook 2002. Duh, I need to run Outlook 2007 apparently for 4.5 ActiveSync to run! Am I the only dinosaur here? Any suggestions? I could uninstall 4.5 and reinstall 4.2 but I am not sure the other DST updates would run on ActiveSync 4.2. Any thoughts? Suggestions? I really don't want to have to drop $100 on Outlook 2007 just to get this all to work! ARGH!
    Thanks! Rochelleg
  13. n99hockey

the update should run on active sync 4.2...i dont see why it wouldnt. you also dont really have to use active sync to update the Q you can get the file right on the Q or just use the active sync to copy the file over.
    as far as outlook...active sync 4.5 only goes as low as office 2003 or office xp (i dont know which was first). in theory you shouldnt need to update active sync to get the dst update on your Q.
    hope that made sense.
  14. Uncle650

Uncle650 New Member

When I did DST Update last Wednesday, did not install active sync 4.5 and my Q has been running just great. Checked the add remove programs and it is installed. Also, fixed my calendar as when work computer installed the DST my times were all back by an hour.
  15. qnoob

qnoob New Member

I'm a little skeptical about this. On a regular cell phone, that's the case (a simple shutdown / restart and it'll show the correct time). But last weekend, I flew across time zones (EST to Atlantic), rebooted my Q when the plane landed, waited a bit and noticed the time remained in EST. I had manually change the time zone to Atlantic (and had to change it back when I came home).

Is the incorrect method of updating timezone when traveling or is there an automatic setting within Windows Mobile?
  16. DKJones96

DKJones96 New Member

I think the phone learns where your "home" actually is. If I'm not at home my phone says sprint but once i'm home or in the vicinity of my house it changes to Home Service....I dunno, it probably doesn't mean anything lol. I don't think it goes by which tower you are connected to the most because my wireless gets turned off every night giving it maybe 5-6 hours connected to that tower and 9 to the one at work...I'd like to know how that works.
  17. Rochelleg

Rochelleg New Member

THANK YOU for the quick replies!! I uninstalled 4.5 ActiveSync, reinstalled 4.2 and all is well! The update is there and we'll see how it goes tomorrow. I think life is again fine. grin.. Thanks again!
  18. n99hockey

glad it worked out for ya!
  19. azdps

azdps New Member

Now, should the download show up in Start / Settings / More / Remove Programs ?...
  20. n99hockey

yes it will.