Office Mobile for the Q

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Jeff, Jul 25, 2006.

1. The_Director

The_Director New Member

I used to have an Axim with Pocket Office (Word and Excel) and a 3rd party Powerpoint viewer. I used to lose / mess up formating if I transferred a document back and forth, but PocketExcel was handy. PocketWord just wasn't worth the trouble (even with an external keyboard). Have had my Q since Christmas, installed Doc2Go (preview) a couple weeks ago. The spreadsheet app is just as good as PocketExcel, and the word app actually seems more capable than PocketWord (actually tranferred table formats back and forth). The ppt app is good for viewing and maybe fixing some typos, but thats all you'd want to do on a pocket device anyway. Bottom line - Doc2Go appears to be a good "Office Mobile" clone.
  2. Timm Hamm

Timm Hamm New Member

Im currently using the trial beta version of documents2go on my Q and it works great! As soon as it's available to purchase, I'll be the first in line. The only thing I've seen that it can't do is support drop down menus on excel docs. If anyone knows any different, let me know...

GIG 'EM
  3. widdlewade

widdlewade New Member

The Motorola Q Pro has Office for SMartphones as standard software...Motorola has a special phone # if you want to buy it..I think its about $150 more than a standard Q, comes with Office, firewall protection, and an extra battery. It's made for developers or enteprise users.
  4. My-Q

My-Q New Member

I got an email, documents2go is available for purchase at $29.95. That is my choice.
  5. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Documents To Go Availability and Price

Are you sure that's not a pre-order? The Documents To Go Web page still says it's in Preview.

By the way, that's a good price. Most people I've seen post about it seem to be getting E-mail saying it's $69.95, with some getting $39.95 or $49.95.

Steve
  6. The_Director

The_Director New Member

Yeah - I got the $69 "offer". What gives on the different pricing - even after I sent them and EQ a nice flattering post.
  7. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Different Prices

I read that somebody called DataViz about the different prices and they siad they were just trying to determine a good price point for the Windows Mobile version. Seeing real orders would give a more realistic estimate of sales at a given price than just asking would.

Of course, with the Internet and forums, it's kind of foolish to assume that people won't talk and find this out.

Steve
  8. wailana

wailana New Member

I'd rather purchase it for $25-35 than $69. Where can you purchase it cheaper? I got the $69 pre-order email.
  9. MotoStreamn

MotoStreamn New Member

I just found out through Verizon that they have a Motorola Q PRO. And it comes with additional software. You can upgrade to the PRO software. I am still trying to find out what specifically how it is different.
    But it might be what you are looking for.
  10. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Motorola Q Pro

Did you see the post six above yours? :wink:

Steve
  11. jcsnappy

jcsnappy New Member

Where?

So does anyone have a link to where we can get it for $25????????/
  12. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Documents To Go Available

Documents to Go seems to be available now. The price is $29.95. It's not $25, but then I don't recall seeing that price for it, either.

Steve
  13. SpiritOfTwoThousand

SpiritOfTwoThousand New Member

The Documents To Go package for $29.95 is a great package, I bought it today and have already used both the word and excel to create documents and think that it is a must have for anyone who works away from the office! www.dataviz.com is where I got mine from
  14. MattB

MattB New Member

Its also available from that site for free until March.