Offical MMS on Q9c Project thread. Info and links. Maybe we can make it work.

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by ranchosteve, Dec 15, 2007.

1. mjp1531

mjp1531 New Member

So is anyone getting any closer to finding out how to do this? I'd pay for this hack lol.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

it's been real quiet in this thread so my guess is no... honestly i wasn't expecting good news.

potQ.
  3. mjp1531

mjp1531 New Member

oh well that sucks
  4. DarkGemini

DarkGemini New Member

I have the ArcSoft software installed on my Q, and I have the failure mode where when I select new pix, and it'll crash the UI and create a blank message in drafts.

there's a way to create a custom UI, but its been pretty hard finding documentation to that end. im sure theres a SDK for the software, and with that i'm confident (read: really hopeful) that we may have a snowball's chance in hell to get MMS working on the Q and Q9c.
  5. MizTeeJay

MizTeeJay New Member

MMS Additions on Sprint

I called them about that when I realized the Q9C wouldn't send picture mail (I seem to receive it just fine though, what's that about)... Sprint told me that with the Windows-based phones, Windows doesn't have access to the MMS applications - but then again if Verizon can make it work why can't Sprint.

(Just a rant, I'm not terribly tech savvy so I don't really have a work-around. The one thing I did try was to email myself a picture (from my verizon acct to the sprint mail using the string user###@pm.sprint.com or whatever the hell it is... What happens is that I then receive a picture mail, when I open the full link I have access (via internet) to forward it to other people. I think it works but I'm not totally sure)

When you pay this much for a phone, however, it shouldn't be this hard.
  6. jinro

jinro New Member

Until this is figured out here is a "ghetto" work around I saw in another thread. You will have to know the other person's phone carrier and set this up maybe as an email address in contacts for faster texting:

Replace Carrier name with person's phone number and add rest. Send via text. 1 issue with Sprint and maybe other carriers, text comes as Unknown sender.

(I.e. Bob is 555-555-4444
    for Sprint: 5555554444@messaging.sprintpcs.com - send text)

Alltel @message.alltel.com
    Cingular @mobile.mycingular.com
    Nextel @messaging.nextel.com
    Sprint @messaging.sprintpcs.com
    SunCom @tms.suncom.com
    T-mobile @tmomail.net
    VoiceStream @voicestream.net
    Verizon @vtext.com (text)
    Verizon @vzwpix.com (pictures)
    US Cellular @email.uscc.net (text)
    US Cellular @mms.uscc.net (pictures)
    Cricket @mms.mycricket.com
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

8. Breeze Loo

Breeze Loo New Member

but how would you insert the picture in the text message? on sprint q9c, the option is greyed out which is why a workout around was needed.
  9. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

its an email not a text
  10. Breeze Loo

Breeze Loo New Member

ah, i get it now.

looks like for sprint picture mail, the address is @pm.sprint.com.

I just tried this and it works! from the gmail account i have set up on my q9, i sent an email to 'recipientnumber@pm.sprint.com'. the recipient (me in this particular case) received a text from "Unknown sender". the body was
    This brings up the page with the picture itself and details of sender and time sent. Good stuff!

(@messaging.sprint.com did now work for sending picture)

*edit* this does still involve having a data plan but it's a start and something you can use in a pinch.
  11. whittw

whittw New Member