Off button not working..

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by wineguydfw, Aug 23, 2009.

1. wineguydfw

wineguydfw New Member

Off button not working..

My beloved Q9h has begun to crap out on me. The Off button no longer works. I lived with it for a while and just never swapped any of the 3 batteries I have, just left her on. But this morning, she was off and will not turn back on. Any suggestions? I really hate to give up a phone I love so much, and ATT no longer offers this phone and I don't trust ebay phones much.
    Will 9h desktop charger, car charger, multiple batteries work on another Q like say the new Alltel?
    Thanks in advance
    Wineguydfw
  2. wineguydfw

wineguydfw New Member

Well I have searched and searched and not found anyone else with this problem, so.....
    ...IF I should decide to put my pinstriped dream phone and all my accessories to rest...
    ...What phone comes closest to her in versatility and will offer the platform and functions I have come accustomed to? The Jack? The Snap?
    ...I really loved my Q9h..I have lots of accessories and was just getting brave enough to do many of the very cool tricks posted in this forum..(THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO POST THOSE WONDERFUL TOOLS AND SUCH)...Or should I bite the bullet and buy an Ebay phone and hope for the best.
    ALSO another feature that I will miss is the wonderful flash...As many mentioned it is used for so many reasons...Brings out the Eagle Scout in me and always "Be Prepared"
  3. wineguydfw

wineguydfw New Member

Stupid trial and error found the solution...
    Since I feared i was going to lose my beloved Q9h, I thought well let's see if I can back up my Outlook contacts when the phone is off...and low and behold...
    IT TURNED THE PHONE ON FOR ME!!!!
    All the times I berated ActiveSync for the stupid things it does...It comes through for me in a pinch..
    Problem partially solved....
    I am still very interested to know if anyone knows if the issue can be repaired permanently.
  4. bmurf

bmurf New Member

You most likely need a new front housing. Water probably got under the button. check ebay.
  5. MotRyan01

MotRyan01 New Member

I had the same exact problem. I found that when I plug my Q into my computer using the USB cord...it turns on.
  6. pepsiaddict

pepsiaddict New Member

I am having a very similar issue with my power/end button and the "P" key. They both are very particular about how they are pressed ... they still work, but I have to use the lower left corner of the power button and the p key must be very deliberately pressed to work. This has resulted in several txt messages with no "P"s.

I've been looking into replacing the front housing, but have been hesitant thus far out of fear something will break. I really like my Q and there are no currently available phones that feel the same to me (plus I really dont want to pay retail for a new phone).
  7. minhice

minhice New Member

Did you install SpbBack up Software ?

I experienced with that symptom. After that I remove Spb back up software and now it is OK.

Maybe conflict happen when install that software ?