Odd Q9c freezing - lagging issues.

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by KillerQ, Jan 18, 2008.

1. seschneid

seschneid New Member

Quick fix and it worked.

Thank you for the "Clear Input History" suggestion. Found it exactly where you said and it behaved the way you said it would. But most importantly, it solved my problem.

Been using my Moto Q9c for well over a year and it's been a work horse. 3 days ago my phone started to do things identical to the initial post. Letters not appearing during texts. Unlock freezing the screen.

I hadn't introduced any new software to my phone. It's properly updated. I deleted my temp internet files (actually never did that so they were massive), but that didn't help.

Then tonight I found this old post. The suggested fix of clearing input history worked for me immediately. I'm able to lock & unlock the phone again and it's moving consistently & quickly.

Thanks again!
  2. manbat

manbat Active Member

Yep...The Q9m and Q9c do not like the predictive text.....Clear the history and turn off predictive text. Works every time!!
  3. activesack

activesack New Member

Thanks! Would not have thought to Clear Input History, esp since Day 1 I've had predictive text turned off.
  4. simiarajose9

simiarajose9 New Member

Signal strength- I put this under pro's even though the signal strength is not by any means extraordinary, though I felt it necessary to mention due to the Phone Scoop review stating it as a "major shortcoming of the Q9M." I use this phone in the St Louis, MO area and found that the signal strength was comparable to that of the LG EnV (known for excellent reception). It seemed that the Q9M generally had one bar less than the EnV in several places, but in most good coverage areas they were about the same.
  5. tmusquiez

tmusquiez Member

Epic bump I know, but I just ran into these issues.

1.) Phone will freeze and still play music. Only the end button works, and at that it just lights up the keyboard and screen.

2.) Disabled predictive text, still lags.

3.) Phone remains at 100% CPU usage when no programs are running.

4.) Installed SK Tools Lite and ran the cleaner, with no success.

5.) Facade is installed.

I haven't tried clearing the cache, internet files, because the phone is unbearbly slow...
  6. ryant35

ryant35 Member

Clear the predictive text input history, turning it off isn't enought.
  7. mhans311

mhans311 Member

I had this problem as well. I read in another thread here that there is some inherent bug in WM that makes your phone freeze up when you have too many messages (texts, email, etc). I had to do a master reset. Just clearing all my text messages and emails didn't fix it. Once I did the master reset, I just stayed on top of deleting messages and didn't have any more problems.