Odd Q9c freezing - lagging issues.

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by KillerQ, Jan 18, 2008.

1. dmm5157

dmm5157 New Member

I have been kinda laggy lately and noticed my memory on my device getting low. So I ran SKTools and cleared out my temp internet files, cache, etc (I do this once every couple months).

Well, not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but for the past couple days my phone has been extremely buggy. First, it wouldn't let me unlock my phone once it was locked (using Smart Toolkit). Seemed like the soft keys were not working. I tried un-installing and reinstalling the software, with no luck.

So, plan B told me maybe it's the memory card. I tried running the phone without the memory card, but still had problems when I received text messages.

So I did a master restore and re-installed Smart Toolkit. Seemed like all was well ... then, it started happening again.

I did ANOTHER system restore and it seems to be ok right now, but for some reason Smart Toolkit was really screwing with my phone. I've had it since I got my phone (almost a year).

This one has me stumped. Might go to Sprint and try to get a replacement via my insurance.
  2. Polekat

Polekat New Member

wow. I run SKTools a couple times a day along w/ the free ram prog. Probably overkill on my end though.
  3. dmm5157

dmm5157 New Member

Yeah, I used to run Free Ram a couple times a day.

I'm not positive me running SKTools is what did it, but that's the only thing I did that day out of the ordinary. Didn't install or remove anything.

Right now my phone seems to be working when I don't have Smart Toolkit installed or running. I even tried the troubleshoot from E-natives that is supposed to make STK run better, with no luck.

Guess my phone is FUBAR. Not sure what else to do at this point, as it's annoying not having an auto-lock feature (one of the best things about SKTools). I'm going to try ANOTHER master-reset after work, as well as format my memory card, and see if that fixes things.
  4. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I only use AutoFree RAM once a week or so, if that. As for SmartToolKit, it only goes haywire after using WM5torage. There are a few options you'd be better off disabling to get it to work better, but I don't remember them off hand. Do a search, and I bet you'll find them.
  5. cindra

cindra Active Member

CONGRATS ON GURU!!!! Yay, Vazguard! :thumbup::w00t:
  6. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Thanks Cindra!! Hope to see you with the neat badge soon!!
  7. kaliy

kaliy New Member

Not to intrude.... but, I've noticed something about the lagging issues on my Q 9c. If I let my battery get low and keep using it till it dies or don't charge it up after I see the low battery warning come up the 1st few times... I start having the horrible lag and freezing issues and nothing fixes it except Master Reset. This same thing has happened approx. 3 or 4 times before I finally figured it out ! So now I never let the battery get too low or die and It's been working just fine for quite some time now. Just an observation... hope it helps someone out :) btw when I figured it out.. I experimented : I Master Reset then let my battery die and..what do ya know? ! Charged it back up and then bam.. lag and freezing problems ! Anyone else noticed this happening ?
    ~ Kaliy
  8. kaliy

kaliy New Member

oh also..my battery life is just fine so I suspect its something to do with the OS..a bug maybe? idk
  9. one_love

one_love New Member

i updated it with wm6.1 myself.
  10. dmm5157

dmm5157 New Member

Did some searching this weekend and found Rainmaker's Apps suggestion. So I uninstalled the one I had and installed his. So far, so good.

What's weird to me is that I had the version installed (RC09, I believe) for about 5 months (since WM6.1 was released) and no issues at all. All of a sudden, the freezing just started happening. Guess I did something that triggered it.

In any case, thanks for the suggestion. I'm a happy camper again.
  11. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Yeah RC09 has given many problems, but it's interesting that it didn't give you any problems for so long.

Anyway, hopefully the new version will fix those issues.
  12. lakercrazy80

lakercrazy80 New Member

13. cindra

cindra Active Member

14. lakercrazy80

lakercrazy80 New Member

Thanx a lot cindra.... this is rly cool site. helped me with a lot of problems i had with my q. thnx :)
  15. lil_sunshine

lil_sunshine New Member

The autocomplete/ text input fix works wonders. But, I recently started having problems after months of worry free phone use.

I think my problems may be the keyboard lock feature. I hadn't used this feature for months. I started using it again & boom, my phone locked up. It would appear that the combination of a ton of text messages on my phone & I used the keyboard lock feature caused my phone to get laggy. All is well. Master Reset avoided.

Now, that I've gotten the phone to behave, I will erase my text messages more often, and use Chronos Clock to lock my keyboard.
  16. lil_sunshine

lil_sunshine New Member

I should mention that I have a Q9m that I upgraded to 6.1 about a month ago. I had the same lagging issues before & after the upgrade.
  17. LnD

LnD New Member

Thank you so much for these forum posts!!!

I've had my MotoQ9C for about 3 months and just recently it had started lagging; when I type the words disappear; when it's in lock mode it freezes; the phone shuts off while I'm talking to someone... just non-stop annoyances that you wouldn't think would be solved from such a simple problem like clearing the input history lol. Thanks for posting this forum! I thought for sure I would have to pay to replace my phone... I am still using the SKTools too~ just to save RAM space.

Thank you :laugh2:

18. carz

carz New Member

Ok well the freeze lag bug has hit me too

when i type i cant see letters....apps run slow. Its so weird..because its happened to me before...and each time..it happens randomly...like...ok phone has been sitting on the side for 20 min...and then boom...its all laggy

i tried SK tools...no positive outcome...i guess i have no other choice but master reset?
  19. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

you said you did SkTools, there are things in there that wont happen unless you tell it to. Like delete messages. Text and Emails dont always delete. clean you IE cache. Not to mention the predictive text issues.
  20. LnD

LnD New Member

have you tried going into start, settings,click more, more again, select text input settings, hit the menu button and select "clear input history." nothing will appear such as a confirmation. yet, for some reason it worked for me. my phone hasn't been lagging or acting rambunctiously annoying all on it's own. hope this helps!