Odd Q9c freezing - lagging issues.

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by KillerQ, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Ok so I did that. Now we wait. I had to delete it through my computer since the File Manager was being so slow. I looked at the Live Search folder's properties, and it said it had close to 350 folders in it! That's not even including the files in it. I'm wondering whether the phone is taking forever to look through that folder.

PS I didn't find anything about this on HowardForums.
  2. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Ok so my Q hasn't had any problems with lag or lockouts since my last post. Which leads me to concur with Killer that it definitely has something to do with WLS. I'm thinking that it might have to do with the temp folder build-up, since it never did it until recently, and I've had WLS installed almost from day I got the phone. Later I'll put it back on and see if it still does it, even with an empty tenp folder.
  3. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey...

Not to be a buzz-kill, but I still had the unlock lag issues -- almost 1 minute! I noticed it when I would receive a text message, and then try and unlock to retrieve it. On my regular Q, I used facade and WLS together for a loooong time and never had a single issue.

I uninstalled Facade. I will try and reproduce the problem. If not, I will reinstall WLS -- and take it from there...

This is odd! I honestly don't think it's a hardware issue...

Matt!
  4. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Yeah I'm having the same problem again. I Reinstalled Facade and PocketWeather as well.
  5. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Well I left my phone on during the night, with it locked, and had no problems with lagging or anything. Note this is w/o Facade and WLS. I am going to put WLS back on and see whether it does anything. If not, then it has to do with Facade, my first point. I'll post an update mid-afternoon.

Killer, does facade produce a log file? If so, try and see if there is anything weird in it (if you know about things like that) and/or post it on the Facade forums. I found a post similar to what I said before, about the lag with the main part of the screen here.

I don't know if that will help but it's there.
  6. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Vaz,

Haha -- that thread you linked to was my thread....lol. Yea, that was a 'different' issue in which the homescreen was a bit slow (a few seconds).

NOW, i am having a completely different issue. The lag lasts more than a minute -- and it isn't always at the homescreen...

I'll keep you posted -- so far no probs with WLS and facade uninstalled...

Later,

Matt!
  7. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey,

Ok -- i had my Q9c for about 2 months with NO issues -- then this freezing stuff started.... uninstalling facade and WLS has not worked -- and I have recently done a hard reset -- which did not work either...

So (unless there's a hardware issue, which is unlikely, i think) the only constant factor that remained this entire time was my SD card...which has a bunch on it.

That being the case, I am going to copy my SD card to my PC -- format the SD card, drag everything back -- and see if that fixes it...

Thanks,

Matt!
  8. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

**Update**

Ok,

Since I 're-did' the SD card as I mentioned above, ai have reinstalled WLS, AND Facade... No problems at all!

I don't want to post too soon - but I thought I would share...

I suggest you give it a shot too -- no harm done!

Later,

Matt!
  9. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Yeah I am having the issue with both uninstalled. I'll try your suggestion with the SD card. I don't have a lot on it but some of my apps are installed to it. I'll do the same and try it out.

This time I'm going to install Facade and WLS to the phone rather than the SD card.
  10. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey,

I don't think it matters where WLS and facade are installed -- it happened to me again **sigh**. BUT, i noticed that the issues begin if I wake the phone up from 'sleep' (screen bring off) and unlocking it quickly... I'll try and figure it out...

Later,

Matt!
  11. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Yep same. I installed both on the phone, with the SD card reformatted and it still happened. Also, I have noticed it happen while I'm using it, not necessarily while you are unlocking it.

I hope we figure this out soon. My 30-day trial ends really soon and I really want to keep this.
  12. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Ok,

It seems that if my phone sits for more than an hour, it does it -- when I unlock. Real strange...

**Update** Ok, i just did 2 master resets in a row -- hopefully this cleared it.. Now i see why people RANT about Sprite Backup!! I makes me not even think twice about doing a master reset!!! Life is good!

Later,

Matt!
  13. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

OK I'm doing the same.
  14. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Well, after doing the two master resets,the issue hasn't occurred. Yet. But now I have to deal with resetting my exchange serer, and it won't work. I posted in the Q&PC section.

EDIT: Fixed the server problem. Still no lag issues. We may have gotten it this time.
  15. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I'm gonna go ahead and throw Facade and Live Search back on. Maybe having them had nothing to do with the lag issues. lol
  16. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

No problems since the reset last night.
  17. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Vaz,

mine was fine UNTILL I checked my IMAP email (aol) that I have setup with my Q9c. during an email, my typed text disappeared then all went downhill. delete email accounts seems to fix it.

try receiving, responding to, and sendng some new email.

keep me posted.

thanks,

matt
    ps. do you have an imap or pop3 email set up? I remember you mentioning a server...
  18. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I have my Gmail account attached through POP3 (it auto-set that) and my college email account through Outlook, since it uses an MS Exchange Server. I receive email all the time, and I send it from time to time as well.
  19. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Ok,

I am able to reproduce it by sending a text message, then immediately locking the device. the next time i try to unloick, is when it freezes. The unlock button stays on teh screen, and a scroll bar appears on the right... that's it. I couldn't reproduce it from a fresh master-reset -- so there is something installed that is doing it...

Odd..

Matt!
  20. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I don't know if I sent any texts and locked it right after, but I did send a bunch of texts today, so I probably did, but with no problems. After the reset I only put Facade and WLS back on, besides setting up my email again.