Odd Q9c freezing - lagging issues.

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by KillerQ, Jan 18, 2008.

1. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Odd Q9c freezing - lagging issues.

Hey all,

Ok, with no hacks installed, and nothing running in the background - my phone is still acting up.

1) in text messages, it will start to type normal, then the new letters i type will be invisible -- but the cursor still moves. If i save to drafts, or send, the letters come back fine.

2) The phone will just hang -- and take about 5 minutes to go back to normal -- even when browsing around the default phone menus.

3) Will startup, and be locked -- it won't allow me to unlock...

It seems that every other soft-reset or so, these symptooms come back. I just hard-reset last week... What's the deal?

Thanks,

Matt!
  2. dabluprint173

dabluprint173 New Member

I had that same issue with my 1st phone...did master reset and I was working fine till it started doing it again a few weeks later...I took it to the store and did a 30 day exchange for it. if u take it in they will most likely exchange for u.
  3. JV956

JV956 New Member

yea i have some of those issues as well, where im syncing items to the phone and it'll freeze. or when im using WMP playing music in background it'll freeze the phone but still play music, only button that works is END and that only lights up the screen...wonder if its the OS or something
  4. andybacot

andybacot New Member

Oddly enough mine usually only feeezes when I am going to the Task Manager to kill apps running. Task Manager will appear at the top of the screen like it wants to open but the home screen still appears. And it wont let me do anything else. The only button I can push that will do anythig is the Home button. And if I try to use the Task Manager again then it freezes up again. But if I try to do anything else it works fine.

Wonder if I should exchange mine for another?
  5. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey all,

I just used SKTools and ran the 'freeup ram', and 'compacted heaps' processes. (not sure is compacting works w/ WM6)...

Then i realized that NewsBreak may very possibly be causing the problems -- from what I can tell...

I am now waiting for a freeze... However, after using SKTools, my Q9c is faster than I have ever seen it!

Weird,

Matt!
  6. andybacot

andybacot New Member

Where did you get SKTools? is it free? Let me know where you got it, Ill have to check it out. Do you recommend it?
  7. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

I definitely recommend it....

Look here: http://s-k-tools.com/index.html?sktools/m_feat.html

The LITE version is free...

Later,

Matt!
  8. new2Q9c

new2Q9c New Member

I can't bring up Task Manager after using Windows Live Search. It does look like it's going to open but it would not. I am still able to open other apps but not Task Manager. I finally shut my phone off but unable to turn it back on without taking the battery out first.

I also noticed a huge lag when typing (I chose qwerty keyboard coz I type fast but this really defeats the purpose).

I have also seen letters being added to words I type... really weird because I know I am not mistyping.
  9. andybacot

andybacot New Member

Is it okay to store this on my SD card instead of the device? And it will still clean up the device and not the SD card?

Thanks
    Andy
  10. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Andy,

SD card is fine -- it knows what to clean. Also, there are entire threads about the freezing/lag issues with windows live search...

Later,

Matt!
  11. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I've been having a bit of lag problems, and SKTools has helped a lot so far.
  12. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Spoke too soon. I am still having problems. Damn, I really wanted to get away from the laggy problems of phones from Verizon...
  13. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Well, when I turn the phone off and on, it works fine for a while, then starts to lag out. I removed Instant Messaging from the startup folder and that didn't help. And one would think that if it was a problem with the OS that it would have started doing as soon as you get the phone, as well as doing it as soon as you turn on the phone.

I'm wondering...could it be Facade? When I press unlock, for instance, the button graphics change at the normal speed, and the title bar for Unlock shows up, but not the graphics and menus in the main part of the screen. Even a scroll bar shows up sometimes instantly. So maybe Facade is doing something? I never had problems before it, and after a few days of having it, this freezing thing starts. Just a thought.
  14. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Vazguard,

I agree with you 100% - that is, I am thinking exactly as you are -- and am noticing the exact same symptoms. I deleted Windows Live Search just to see -- but I am going to uninstall Facade and try that.

Have you updated to the new Facade 1.4 yet? I didn't notice these problems until I updated from 1.3 to 1.4

On another note, look in your add/remove programs file -- do ALL of your installed apps show up properly?

I noticed that when I used a non-facade homescreen, i still experienced the problems... So, I am thinking that we would have to uninstall 1.4 completely -- if that's really the issue....

Any thoughts? What have you tried so far?

Thanks,

Matt!
  15. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Well, I haven't tried working without Facade yet, mainly because if I leave the Q9c with the keylock off, it doesn't happen as much.

The Facade I have is the new 1.4 Trial.

My program list in Windows Mobile Device Center lists everything fine, as does the phone.

I just removed Facade and Pocketweather and turned off/on my phone. Nothing so far, but I'll update in a bit.
  16. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

**Update**

Ok,

I don't think it's facade -- because the other day I removed Windows Live Search (WLS) and I have not had the problem since...

Today, after downgrading to Facade 1.31, i decided to reinstall WLS, since i was thinking that Facade may have been the culprit...

Well, after installing WLS again, the phone acted exactly as it did before -- keypad lock, frozen screen, lag, etc.... And that was without WLS even opened! So, the mere fact that WLS is installed is corrupting something...

Now, perhaps it's a conflict with some other software... Vaz, What do do you have installed? We'll figure this out yet!

Later,

Matt!
  17. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Haha.

My list:

Caywen Kevtris 2
    Cloudyfa EsmertecJbed
    Google Maps
    Handmark On Demand
    Microsoft Live Search
    Microsoft Smartphone GPSID Settings
    OZ Instant Messaging
    SK Software SKTools Lite
    Skype Software SARL Skype for Smartphone
    SpaceMonkey gnuboy

And so far, I haven't had any problems. Yet. EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's starting again.

Shot in the dark...maybe Facade and WLS have conflicting coding?
  18. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

Hey man,

Try uninstalling windows live search -- then autoclean, and reset - do that a few times to be super sure.. Also, delete the temp folders that i believe WLS creates... I bet you won't have the issue anymore...

Getting closer,

Matt!
  19. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Well I'm trying to delete the Temp files of WLS. Where are they located? So far, the uninstallation of it hasn't improved anything, nor has an Auto Clean, but maybe the Temp file will do the trick.
  20. KillerQ

KillerQ New Member

I think it's where you tell WLS to store cache -- mine is in the root of the SD card, and called LIVE SEARCH.

Matt!