NoDo Update Today?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by chris, Mar 7, 2011.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I'm tired of checking for updates. I hope the rumor of both the February and NoDo update coming today ring true. Not yet for me. I keep checking and nothing. Still stuck on 7004.[​IMG]
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

NoDo? Nada... [​IMG]
  3. chris

It will happen tomorrow, because I'll be out of my office from the morning through the afternoon. Guaranteed. No fun for me.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

LOL Well I hope you're right, for everyone else's sake... [​IMG]
  5. Sleestak

Sleestak New Member

Have you been clicking the "updates" button since January?
  6. Hiram

Hiram Member

Still no update for the Samsung Focus/ATT in Puerto Rico.

Don't know what's worse: not getting the updates or actually still looking for them. Sad! [​IMG]
  7. chris

Looking for them is definitely worse. If I knew when they were coming, I would have to keep plugging in my Focus and refreshing the Zune software.
  8. Hiram

Hiram Member

I hear you!!! It's just a matter of wanting to get it over with!

This is like the issue about the sdcard for more storage ... still waiting for news! [​IMG]
  9. muddtt

muddtt Member

IMO microsoft is screwing their image with their customers right now. If they want people to believe in them and what they can do they should've pushed out this update last year or first thing January. Right now the only vibe I'm getting from microsoft is that they'll never hit a deadline they promise. Right now I think getting this and the mango update should be higher priority than signing nokia. If they happened to have 1 billion bucks to sign nokia they should've put half that into mango so we could have it already. Seriously, WP7 with mango on it would be an instant hit with or without nokia.
  10. Marko Šjor

Marko Šjor New Member

Still not a chance by a long shot!
  11. SnailUK

SnailUK Member

But when have they promised anything? I've read loads of rumours and guesses, but the only official Microsoft statement i've seen, is the one saying the updated is due the second half of this month, and that was only (IIRC) from a tweet from someone, so thats not exactly a 100% valid source.

Being that theres been various sightings of the nodo update, it may be Microsoft have had it ready for months, and its all the hardware manufacturers, or phone carriers that are causing the delays.
  12. ajayden

ajayden Member

Actually, the promise made Steve Ballmer during MWC that the update will be out by early March is already way past the deadline. According to Paul Thurrott, we can expect further delays.
  13. chris

The official word from Microsoft on NoDo is now late March. While they were late, they confronted the problem and advised users of the delay.
  14. Jack L Bonner

Jack L Bonner New Member

Since the sprint phones came out yesterday with NoDo pre installed, does that mean we should get our update soon???
  15. chris

I'm not so sure. I think Microsoft's original plan was to have the release out already, so everyone today would be on NoDo. Depending on what you read, carrier/manufacturer firmware issues were the cause of the delays. Based on the post at Microsoft's blog, I think the delays have to be over soon -- right? :unsure:
  16. Jack L Bonner

Jack L Bonner New Member

They should be!! Its been delayed and delayed and delayed... I just figured that if Sprint is having their phones pre installed , then there should be no reason we shouldn't get the update. Hell we been customers longer then the people buying phones with it pre installed!! Yet we get punished... I know this is highly unlikely, but do you think the delay had anything to do with AT&T buying out TMobile?
  17. DarthTedd

DarthTedd New Member

This same type of thing happened when the Zune came out. MS had a few issues with updates & bricked devices. Good times!
  18. ajayden

ajayden Member

The update is delayed since service providers donot want to release updates to existing customers for free. They want to sell a new phone with the update or sign up a new customer with the update. Sprint readily ships the new update since the phones with updates will sell faster.
  19. Jack L Bonner

Jack L Bonner New Member

I see... So pretty much for us who bought the phone awhile back and had been paying the bill every month.
  20. chris

This update isn't something that would sell a phone. I think I'm more excited about getting an update, rather than the contents. I don't use copy and paste much on phones, so that's not a big deal for me. I'll take the speed improvements that come with NoDo though.