noDo is an Anti-climax.

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by SnailUK, Apr 11, 2011.

1. SnailUK

SnailUK Member

Really a question for everyone with NoDo, but are you finding it an anti-climax?

After the months of articles about it, then the weeks of moaning about why cant i have it on network X, its really dull.

Theres very little in the way of new functionality, about 2 days after getting the speed increases, they become normal, all the excitement/frustration about getting the update, and now i don't feel like my phone is any different to before.
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

It's the first update. Copy and paste is useful in a crunch, but I'll rarely use it. Best part will likely be speed improvements.

People are just dying to get any update. I think even the February update would have been exciting for some.
  3. termleech

termleech Member

I'm just happy to have a nice fast phone now and some of the small improvements are really nice. The search in the marketplace is now actually useful and the search in the music is nice (though I hate how they include marketplace search results on the phone, though they do it on zune too I just wish they separate them out on the phone). Overall I'd say it was a bit anti-climactic but a very nice have for the phone.
  4. Sleestak

Sleestak New Member

I suppose it is in terms of new "stuff" but I kept holding out hope that it would correct my intermittent restart issue. I'm guessing that my problem had something to do with my 32 GB SD card, but I put up with it (I never lost any data) in the hope that the update would take care of it. I was not hopeful.
    Well, I used Chevron to update my phone and it has turned out to be awesome! My phone is now perfectly stable and in addition I have cut and paste and a much more functional marketplace.
    I'm a happy camper.
  5. Sb.

Sb. Member

Yeah, I get your drift. Minor updates usually are anti climatic.

My phones crap after the update I get the screen behind the lock wallpaper flash when woken and when I go into messages the whole page flashes 2-3 times, I really feel like I've taken 1 step forward and 2 steps back.
  6. Cerif27

Cerif27 New Member

@sb. The messages screen flash was happening to me before the update. But I know what you mean.

@Sleestak Wait wait...you have a 32gb card and it's full and 100% stable after the update. Message my butt. We need to talk.
  7. Sb.

Sb. Member

It used to flash maybe once but quickly I suppose its refreshing, but now its multiple times and slower
  8. Cerif27

Cerif27 New Member

Yeah. Mine topped out at 4 times in a row. Haven't seen it happen yet post update though. Hard reset?
  9. RobR

RobR Member

Why would anyone expect more features than what Microsoft said was included with the update? Although I was surprised to find the ability to search the GAL on Exchange from the phone, that's big news for our company even more so than cut and paste for many.
    As for the screen flashing I suspect it's a hardware issue, I know a lot of people that have WP7 and not seen any flashing problems.