No More Sprint Q9c?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by steindog99, Jun 18, 2008.

1. madmax2k1

madmax2k1 New Member

While I was checking the Treo 800 in the Brea, CA store, I noticed they had the Q9c on display still. I assume this store has still some Q9C in stock.
  2. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Not sure if you're still considering that particular phone, but I recently wrote a pretty comprehensive Treo 800w review.
  3. nags

nags New Member

I just got off the phone with Sprint trying to get a Q9C and they told me they no longer carry them and suggested the 800w. I'll be reading your review right now. Thanks for the link.
  4. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I didn't see this on my phone and started a new thread.
    Can anybody confirm that the replacement phone that a non-corp store order me WON'T be a 9c?

The women told me it would be but she thought the phone was a "Q".
    I told her a few3 times it was a "9c". I hope it sunk in.

Why would they get rid of phone so soon? I find it hard to believe a newer version is coming when Others are still selling it, unless they're cleaning inventory.
  5. nizarican

nizarican New Member

The 9c is end of life for sales but still available for replacement through repair centers. Go to a corporate store with a repair center.

Non-corp stores are different. they do whatever.
  6. clone

clone New Member

I've asked two customer service reps and both told me that in my region (Iowa) my Q9c would be replaced with a PalmTreo 800W under Sprint's insurance.
  7. biggerthanmike

biggerthanmike New Member

I went to sprint to get a replacement for my Q9c and they said that I had to get the "ACE"..I told them the only phone want is q9C..then they said they will order me one..but might take awhile
  8. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

I should find out maybe tomorrow or Friday for sure.
    It's killing me. I hope they're not gonna freak too bad when I don't hand over my 9c for a different phone. Like I mentioned in the other thread the Ace is a downgrade whether they consider it comparable or not. Heck the 800w, which I might consider :), doesn't have have panels. yeah, I'm fickle.
  9. papped

papped New Member

Sliding panels is more a necessity than fickle :2cool:
  10. nizarican

nizarican New Member

It doesnt matter if they have it in your market or not. Corporate stores are nation wide. I've seen a replacement ordered from texas and sent to connecticut because a repair customer didnt want any other model. All you have to do is make it clear you only want the q9c but be polite while you do it. Ask your rep if they can check other stores in the US and have 1 shipped for you.

The forums have been a good resource for me, so i'm just trying to return the favor. This morning I was sitting at a desk fixing a phone. Behind me was a drawer with 6 Q9c's in it. Get the hint? They are available if you really want 1.
  11. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

How about I PM you the address of my store? (;
  12. nizarican

nizarican New Member

I'll PM you how to get 1. Do what tell you and you'll have another Q9c in a few days.
  13. BrianFX

BrianFX New Member

14. Chucktastic

Chucktastic New Member

And being pitched as a replacement option in the local company store. Took my MotoQ in again yesterday and was told I would get either a Q9c or the samsung as a replacement. Unfortunately, they fixed the Q again. I want a Q9c so if it messes up again Im demanding a new one. Im 3 months from the end of my contract too.