No More Sprint Q9c?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by steindog99, Jun 18, 2008.

1. derspiess

derspiess New Member

I was at the Sprint store last Saturday to see about getting my Q9c replaced or repaired (keyboard backlight died a while back), plus we were upgrading my wife's older phone to a Razr v3m. They didn't have any Q9c's out on display, and when I asked about getting mine replaced, the rep said they didn't have any in store, and none were available to ship to me, either.

Luckily, she called a Sprint store about 10 miles away & they still had a few new Q9c's in stock. Got mine replaced without any trouble, but they didn't have any out on display.

Both reps I asked seemed unsure whether they were EOL'ed or not, but said the timing was about right (but only 7-8 months??) for that to happen.

Got to try out the Instinct while I was waiting & it was a sweet device, despite whatever limitations it may have. The rep at the second store said they were selling them like crazy.
  2. papped

papped New Member

Find it very odd that so many Sprint customers would jump to a phone that requires a plan that costs $69 a month minimum and offers less than the other SERO plans ($30-50)...
  3. miro

miro New Member

A press release would really hurt Sprint's chances of unloading their current stock, asuming the phone is really EOL. I imagine they want to sell the ones they still have in stores (along with those new contracts).
  4. Noodlez

Noodlez New Member

Sprint has said it's just a supply problem least that is what they told wmexperts, seems the big V is getting a new Q9 maybe sprint is getting something like that?
  5. BrianFX

BrianFX New Member

Do you have TEP, is that what made it such an easy process?

That blue Q9 from Verizon looks AMAZING! Wifi + Rev A + quad band + 2mp cam = :thumbup: I love my Q9c enough to keep it for several years, but if Sprint also launches this super Q9, it's going to be difficult to resist an early upgrade. :whistling

edit - what's up with the silk box? Is this the Queen's crown of cell phones or something? :laugh:
  6. papped

papped New Member

Seems like a pretty small upgrade tbh though. It wouldnt warrant a new purchase for me.
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

its also going to be a 'world phone' (atleast as its reported)

which for me is fantastic
  8. BrianFX

BrianFX New Member

Agreed, especially if it can roam over GSM here in the states where there is no Verizon/Sprint service, i.e. lots of backwood CT. I don't think it would, but that would be a great feature!

Also, to the previous poster who said the upgrades aren't that big, this is certainly far more upgrades than were made from the Q to the Q9c (which are basically the same exact phone + GPS).
  9. papped

papped New Member

Except that the Q runs wm5...
  10. BrianFX

BrianFX New Member

I was going to mention that too, but I didn't want to speak too soon as I haven't followed any news on the original Q. Figured they might have hacked the ROM to get WM6 to run on the Q by now (which I guess they haven't, shame..)
  11. TemporalBeef

TemporalBeef New Member

I have sprint's insurance/replacement plan... so if I need to replace my phone, and there are no Q9c's in stock, what does that mean for me?
  12. cirruslyloud

cirruslyloud New Member

If they can't find you a new, or a refurb Q9c then they replace it with a comparable phone. I'm not sure what that is, so.....
  13. mpagurel

mpagurel New Member

Q9c

When I was all set to buy 2 of these from Sprint they had diappeared fromt the website. I called and spoke with a customer service person who told me they were on the "end of life" list. No one at Motorola.com had a clue. I called 10 Sprint stores in my area and was able to get 2 of them from Sprint store in Brooklyn, NY on June 19.:2cool:
  14. sprintadv

sprintadv New Member

With SPCS lack of support for it & Moto's precarious position overall, do we even want these around?

I luv my Q but the bugs & constant hacks makes me long for a BlackBerry some days.
  15. RichardC

RichardC New Member

What is the latest word?

Has anyone heard for certain if the Moto Q9C is still available through Sprint. I hate the thought that Sprint may have dropped this phone from their inventory. What is the latest word?
  16. papped

papped New Member

*rare* moto q9c for sale, $4,000!
  17. BrianFX

BrianFX New Member

18. sprintadv

sprintadv New Member

19. JPSmith

JPSmith New Member

Sprint typically has refurb phones available for insurance replacements long after they stop selling the phone. What you get for a replacement after they run out of refurbs will depend on what phones they are selling at the time.

Right now the only directly comparable phone (WM Standard smartphone with QWERTY keyboard) in Sprint's lineup would be the Samsung Ace. But who knows what the comparable phone will be by the time they run out of Q9c refurbs. If you aren't happy with what they consider "comparable" at that point you can try to get them to give you something different.
  20. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle New Member

You are so right. Here's a comment I made on the news item page:

"Yes,it is not at the stores, nor at the sprint website, but if you go to the motorola.com website, you can buy a Moto Q9c with a Sprint Contract through their store, $50 less than Sprint charged at their website even with rebate, but you DO pay an activation fee of $36 to talk to a very nice person while he or she flips a virtual switch, unlike it was at the sprint website. Still saved $14, and my wife got the phone she wanted!"

:smile::smile::smile::smile: