No More Sprint Q9c?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by steindog99, Jun 18, 2008.

1. BrianFX

BrianFX New Member

Possibly one problem was this. Luckily my new Q9c shows no signs of it, I'm glad to be rid of those warbly noises. :smile:
  2. Tristan944

Tristan944 New Member

I have the full insurance on my Q9c, now that Sprint is not selling it, if my phone breaks or I loose it, can I still get a replacement? I guess I should be able to as long as Motorola continues to make it right? Maybe I can wait until they stop making it and "accidentally" break it or "loose" it so I can get the next new phone from them.
  3. cirruslyloud

cirruslyloud New Member

[SARCASM]Because that's the honest thing to do...[/SARCASM]
  4. Chucktastic

Chucktastic New Member

Think this might be my first post here (and probably very long lol) but have been a lurker for a few months since I got my Q.

Took mine to the local Sprint store (one with the service dept) due to it locking up and calls not disconnection correctly and the phone would freeze without me knowing, I would wonder why I wasn't getting the alert txts I normally get at work (50-100 txt messages a day) and would have to pull the battery to reset the phone. Then a flood of txt's or vm would come in and it would be fine for a little while, then after sending a few txt messages or making a few calls it would do it all over again.

Local store takes phone for 1hr, I leave come back and they go...'yep you need a new one' Im like sweet, since this would be the second one in 2 months (other one I bought used and the keyboard backlight died). Last time it took 3 days for them to order one which was not that big of a deal.

So I go when will the new one be here. They go, they are not avail in the warehouse and we are not sure when, but we will call you. I go well how bout you just upgrade me to the Q9c and she goes sure that should be fine. Checks the warehouse and same thing, out of stock no date on availablity. Im very frustrated at this point, and the lady at the counter goes 'dont worry about it we normally see this happen and you should get a call from us next week to come get your phone' ?????

After reading what everyone else says I doubt that call will be calling. Sad thing is I have a brand new blackberry 8830 world edition sitting under my desk that's provided by my company that could/should be my primary phone but I don't like crackberrys that much (its also on Verizon) and the MotoQ was the only phone I liked and didn't want to upgrade in a long time!

SUCKS!

/rant
  5. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

I just got this phone about three weeks ago and wow they're not having it available now?? I got it as an upgrade phone and I love it!!
    I wonder if they're trying to push the new Samsung Instinct on people and then reintroduce the 9c?
    Btw I'm new to the boards and have just been lurking for the past three weeks since I got my 9c..lol
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

welcome to EQ!!
  7. Chucktastic

Chucktastic New Member

just called my local store that has Sunday hours and was told they 'all way have replacements available in the warehouse', which is freaking amazing since I just called the 866# and even tried signing up as a new customer and was informed that the Q and Q9c have reached the EOL, or thats how it sounded when coming from the nice Bangladesh man.

Local office rep told me to come in monday and talk to a tech since they were not avail on Sundays but on monday we can get it sorted out. If they want to give me a new Instinct (which Im not sure I really want) I guess I will be getting a blackberry. Either way Im not paying jack for a new phone since they cant replace it with one that is the same as what Im currently using...

Would that be grounds for canceling that line and not getting charged? (family share plan and if I switch to my company provided crackberry then I can just cancel the extra line with sprint)
  8. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

I think that would be good grounds for telling them that either 1) to give the Instinct for you for free (I have been with Sprint over 10 years and I have talked them into plenty of things that I should have paid for..lol) or 2) letting you cancel the line(s) without being penalized.

I am not too keen on the Blackberrys- the only other phone I was looking at when making the up was the Palm Centro but seeing the phone in person I thought it was too small for my tastes.
  9. papped

papped New Member

Doesn't the Instinct require the Sprint Everything plan?

For that reason I wouldn't really want it.
  10. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

You can get a plan for $69.99. I think the minutes are 450, but unlimited data comes with it.
  11. papped

papped New Member

Fairly poor choices considering you can get most Sprint phones with unlimited data and 500 minutes for $29 a month though.

Also the browser on the Instinct is supposed to be horrid...
  12. Chucktastic

Chucktastic New Member

**updated**

went back to sprint store this morning and actually talked to same rep from Saturday. She did not confirm the EOL for the Q but stated that they will replace the phone with the same model. I asked when, telling her I cant have the phone locking up all day (did so 2 times before going to sprint today) and she went in the back and came out after talking to the tech and told me 1-2 days. So I should get a call either tomorrow or Wednesday, which is odd since Saturday the computers told them there was no plans to order new ones?
  13. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

That is odd -unless they are tracking down a Q9c for you from another store that still might have one in stock.
  14. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

Glad you told us this - I think I got the Instinct notion out of my head- I was going to give my husband my Q9c (he loves it) and then get myself an Instinct but I have hear that there are some quirks with it.
  15. Chucktastic

Chucktastic New Member

Well Im still rocking the original Q, and was told they are getting me another Q not the Q9c. Now Im totally not going to complain if they ordered me the Q9c.
  16. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

lol that would be nice if they did that.. :laugh2:
  17. bamhm182

bamhm182 New Member

Alright, awesome, so now I just have to decide if it's worth another $30 or $40 to get another Q, or if I can live with this one, I can live with this one, but I think I'd really rather prefer a new one... Than on the other hand, I could also save up my cash for a couple weeks, since I'm planning to run into quite a bit of cash (roughly $800, but about $550 of it's going toward a PS3.) and than buy a Q9C, what would you guys do, would you stay with the original Q even though it constantly makes an annoying buzzing noise, spend $30 or $40 on a Q, or spend about $150(I think) and get a Q9C?
  18. Chucktastic

Chucktastic New Member

Well they 'forgot' to call me on Wed, so I showed up at the local office hoping to bitch and moan a little (due to have a crappy day at work lol) but they had it. Replacement MotoQ, she looked brand new with all the stickers in the right places.

My old ones OS apparently was so shot that they were not able to backup the phone #'s off it. I did save my pim.vol at the beginning of June, and getting ready to restore that now.

So thats good news at least for now for those that need to replace their Q or Q9c's.
  19. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Engadget Mobile reported the other day that the Q 9c was simply out of stock. In the comments section (of course this is not a true source), a Sprint rep confirmed it was EOL. So, for now, I simply don't know what to believe. It's still out of stock.

Great to hear that you got a replacement!
  20. Chucktastic

Chucktastic New Member

Well the three phone reps and the tech at the store told me it was EOL for the phones but that replacements would 'be available' as needed. Would be nice if Sprint would just say they have been discontinued on their site or press release.