No More Sprint Q9c?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by steindog99, Jun 18, 2008.

1. jamesybsu

jamesybsu New Member

touche' - I just finally picked mine up yesterday, couldn't be happier! But at least you can find one on ebay and maybe from the sounds of it a few select stores, while I am still stuck with VZ Navigator.
  2. bamhm182

bamhm182 New Member

Ah, alright, so you've got me there still. Technically, I could go and pay $450 and buy one straight from Motorola themselves still...
  3. jamesybsu

jamesybsu New Member

yeah I guess if money isn't an issue :laugh2: still seems weird that you can get one from them and not sprint...lifes not fair! Of course I will be jealous when they come out with something new here in a few weeks of the Q family after just getting my 9c :2cool:
  4. rasstar

rasstar New Member

according to sprint they are no longer in production by Motorola.
  5. papped

papped New Member

Glad I got mine on ebay while they were still plentiful then.
  6. Pyrotech1620

Pyrotech1620 New Member

Motorola Q9C is still in production.. As for why Sprint is out of stock no clue..

Email from motorola..

Response (Sebastian B.)
    06/24/2008 07:29 PM​
    Dear *Removed Name*,

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support, we appreciate your interest in our products.

Regarding your concern, the Q9c phone is still manufactured and can be purchased from our website: www.store.motorola.com

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at http://www.hellomoto.com/

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,
  7. rasstar

rasstar New Member

Spint told me production ends on June 30th. I don't know if he was correct.
  8. windtrader

windtrader New Member

Sprint made a decision to no longer promote and carry the Moto Q9c based on its own strategic rationale. If you speak with anyone at Sprint, you may get the "it's EOL, or no longer available, or not made anymore or ..." line.
    As you indicate, the phone is still an active product at Motorola; so is the original. There are many other markets than the US and many other global cell carriers who made still find the Q9c has a place in their lineup.

From a practical standpoint, if you can only get a new one directly from Motorola it is as good as discontinued due to the full retail price. At least there is some comfort that parts will still be available for some time.
  9. BrianFX

BrianFX New Member

Well the local store still has 4 left + the display unit. They had no idea about any discontinuation of the Q9c. Of course, they had no idea last Nov that it would be released until the very day it came out, so they're a bit clueless when it comes to corporate matters.

I'm wondering if I could convince them to exchange one of the 4 they have left with mine. I bought mine online and being new to Sprint, had no idea warranty replacement coverage wasn't included (I thought TEP was akin to at&t's insurance, not for general warranty as well). Mine has that slight interference bug that I wrote about last year. I tried going through Motorola warranty dept and they're useless.
  10. bamhm182

bamhm182 New Member

I just had an idea, I wonder if I'd be able to send my Q into Motorola themselves and have them fix it, than take it back to sprint and have them activate it?

EDIT: Man, posted before I read your post, so you think it'd be pointless to try?
  11. rellik27

rellik27 New Member

my q froze last week and i went to sprint to order me a new one. just got here today and guess what 6.1 already updated into it. nothing about discontinued or anything.the guy at sprint just ordered it with no problems. maybe they are just upgrading them?
  12. BrianFX

BrianFX New Member

I still don't follow Sprint's strategic rationale in dropping the Q9c. Their WM + keyboard lineup is now limited to the 700wx, Mogul and ACE. The former two are relatively bulky, the 700wx is >2 years old, the Mogul is overpriced (still $299 after rebate) and the ACE lacks GPS.

I guess the ACE replaces it, but no GPS and still Rev 0, that's hardly a good sell. I love how the first ACE feature sprint.com highlights is "Sprint TV compatible". Isn't nearly Sprint's entire lineup compatible with Sprint TV? :tounge:
  13. nethed

nethed New Member

Ace?!

The Samsung ACE is terrible compared to the Q9c. I used the ACE for about 2 weeks before I got sick of it being slow, battery dying randomly, and it feeling 'cheap; before i called Sprint to give me the Q9c.

I was going to order my sister a Q9c for a re-up on her contract, we'll see if thats still gonna happen.
  14. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Those looking for the Sprint Q 9c will find it for $99 on Motorola's site. I'm still trying to get confirmation if the phone is discontinued or not.

-Chris
  15. papped

papped New Member

Not to mention the Mogul has too many ram-related problems.
  16. only if you get a new contract...
    this doesn't help me upgrade me from the Q or my daughter...
    :frown:
  17. papped

papped New Member

Can always try the ebay route for $200 or so.
  18. odm

odm New Member

i bought a q9c for sprint from a friend its a refurb he got from his q that mest up but he upgraded to a mogul and he sold me the brand new refurbed q9c for 140 and i love it oohh and it came with windows 6.1
  19. Shibboleth

Shibboleth New Member

Possibility

Far shot here but do to the fact that the spent so much money on the instinct they maybe trying to eliminate some of the competition.
  20. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

according to WMExperts Podcast and a rumor they heard, Sprint says that there are alot of problems with the Q9c so they took it down to 'fix' them

what that means is open to interpretation