No More Sprint Q9c?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by steindog99, Jun 18, 2008.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

This seems real odd, since there is no replacement device in the works. Either that, or Motorola has done a great job keeping the next best thing quiet.

A friend of mine contacted me this morning. His contract with Verizon just ended. I finally got him to purchase a Q 9c and bam --- it's out of stock.
  2. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

I already have a q9c so I am really getting a kick out of this thread

Any other farkers out there?
  3. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

I donno but anyway, I don't care if anyone already said this, but I think I have an obvious answer here. Supply and demand, with the 6.1 release coming out from Sprint right now, a lot of people are chosing to upgrade or whatever it may be. Just to get that 6.1 update, not too many carriers as of right now have that offered. Soon yes, but first, no. That is why there are no q9c's left right now......BAM FTW, oh and did I mention the q9c blows as an mp3 player and I LOVE my ipod right now only for the fact that I use it when I drive anywhere for the right music....
  4. papped

papped New Member

Pocket Tunes might be a good option for playing mp3's. It works very well on Palm OS and is now available for WM, though I haven't tried the WM version yet.
  5. bucksommerkamp

bucksommerkamp New Member

Pocket Tunes

As a refugee from the Palm 755p, I can attest that the Pocket Tunes release for WM is fantastic on my Q9C. Normsoft even offers a "crossgrade" from Palm to WM for $20. I'm finally starting to find some familiar things after a difficult transition to WM, and having "my" Pocket Tunes is like snuggling into your own bed after being on the road for awhile :)
  6. papped

papped New Member

Does it support the bluetooth remote profile? (so you can change songs with a bluetooth remote on your headset).
  7. Pyrotech1620

Pyrotech1620 New Member

Correcting my post earlier.. Reason for this Sprint pulling it from their site is from what I am hearing simply to upgraded so new Q9C phones they sell will have WM6.1 on them OoB .. Not sure if the model number will change or not.. This would also be the same for Verizon.. wirefly seems to be the only company that has it marked as discontinued.. But guess no one will really know until they start selling again.. But nothing on Motorola site even suggest it is discontinued or getting replaced..
  8. papped

papped New Member

Same song and dance as the 755p. People started freaking out and all these supposed reports of stores saying the phone was discontinued. Then people started reporting it wasn't discontinued but was being switched colors.

When all along it really just was a stock temporarily not being available issue.
  9. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

I will for sure agree that Pocket Tunes kicks butt! Even the amount of internet stations is unbelievable as well as the album art! Been using it for a few months.

..cant comment on the bluetooth remote as I no have! :smile:
  10. Zinja

Zinja New Member

Two??? Wow! Can you pick one up for me? :)
  11. Zinja

Zinja New Member

We're soon going to have collectors items for phones!!!
  12. miro

miro New Member

Pocket Tunes looks really, really nice. But almost $40 for a mobile app is pushing it I think. :tounge:
  13. barrypii

barrypii New Member

Hmm... my wife would shoot me... we bought the first gen q9 and she loved it, but sprint wouldn't activate it as my buddy still owed them money... but thats a good thing, it didn't have the GPS anyway..
  14. mightymask69

mightymask69 New Member

so watll happen if your q9c breaks and you have the replacement plan?
  15. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

they are still pumping these out as far as I know they are just out of stock or temporarily on hiatus, I am agreeing that they are prolly updating them to the 6.1 os and it got a lot of press because of the 6.1 upgrade.
  16. bothersomeaunt

bothersomeaunt Member

local Sprint store here in Grand Junction, Colorado is making Q9c customers choose something else as replacement phones ....
    says that all Q's are discontinued and us Q owners are gonna have to move on to new phones....
    choices right now are the touch, a blackberry, and a palm755 - they didn't even offer the centro....
    hope my Q doesn't wimp out on me anytime soon .... I was looking forward to upgrading and having GPS so I would have a new toy to play with....

fingers are now crossed and my Q will be getting more of the velvet glove treatment
  17. miro

miro New Member

Hmm... it would seem really odd/unlikely that Sprint would push out the WM6.1 update and then pull the plug on the Q9c. I could understand the original Q getting stopped, but it seems like the Q9c would survive a bit longer?

Of course, maybe they were throwing the Q9c owners a bone w/6.1 so the outcry would be minimal when the phone was pulled?

Verizon has both the Q9m and Q9c still listed. The Q9m shows "while supplies last!" on the Verizon site, though... possibly another end of life impending?

I sure hope if the Q9c really has stopped flowing from Sprint that they get some good WM handsets out before my next upgrade...
    their current selection of smartphones s u c k s and I really like Sprint as a carrier.

The Touch is the only one that I would consider, and I really don't want to lose a keyboard.. :frown:

hmmm.. the Instinct is due out tomorrow... concidence?? Maybe the Q9c is "missing" to funnel new contracts into Sprint's new baby...
  18. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

completely agree...I slid in to it by beta testing it. I dont spend too many hours listening to music, audio books or podcasts but it for sure rocks pretty great!
  19. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

hopefully i can get a new original Q my bluetooth isnt working and my screen got cracked
  20. steindog99

steindog99 New Member

Chris,

Tell your friend the Q9c is still available from motorolas website.
    Doesn't mention anywhere on moto's site that they are discontinuing the Q9c.