No more Mdigger?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by kareljack, Nov 28, 2009.

1. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

No more Mdigger?

For the past few days, updating Mdigger feeds have been a pain. The data transfer is horribly slow and then it times out after only 30% of the feeds have been downloaded.
    Now nothing updates. Their website has completely changed and previous links to Forums now 404.
    Did I miss an announcement about Mdigger?Are they dropping WinMo?
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

hmmm...i used mdigger way way way back and kinda liked it! i do keep up with all the rss feeds i like to think and haven't heard a word about it in a long time.
  3. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Truth be told, I'd be kinda lost without it. I update it every morning before my morning commute and ditto for the commute home.
    I have to find a replacement, one with the same simple yet effective interface/structure.
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

another freebie is Viigo....and again one i havent used in looong time! ive been hooked on Newsbreak and like it a bunch!
  5. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

I use Google Reader. Am I missing something?
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

i'd rather have a sweet simple app that is configurable and be loaded even when no web is available! but then again im not even sure what google reader is! lol.... but i think its web based...yes? =)
  7. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Yup. Google reader is online only. That was what I didn't get. How many gigs do offline readers take to cache the feeds? I only read one out of ten or twenty stories in my feeds but the headlines keep me in touch. WSJ, NYTimes, Reuters, BBC, US News, the Guardian, Christian Science Monitor, the Register... Out in the country there aren't many places without cell service. I guess city people need offline readers when they get on the subway.